Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Heimerdinger Resistance

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sleepisdeath

02-01-2013

well i watched the match now and thb i cant see where it was heimers work to win the game...they could have taken zyra instead and heimers job would have been done twice as much better. or any other mass dmg dealer for lane clearing. it seemed to me that heimer was just a token that got carried with the "crush-the-meta" and just got the luck to win. sure they earned the win but they could have taken any other one than heimer and would have still won.

OtterOfLegend

02-01-2013

Quote:
sleepisdeath:
well i watched the match now and thb i cant see where it was heimers work to win the game...they could have taken zyra instead and heimers job would have been done twice as much better. or any other mass dmg dealer for lane clearing. it seemed to me that heimer was just a token that got carried with the "crush-the-meta" and just got the luck to win. sure they earned the win but they could have taken any other one than heimer and would have still won.

Heimer's bringing a lot to that comp, and AoE minion clear is the least of them. Probably the least replaceable things he's bringing are turret damage (Zyra's plants don't touch turrets) and sustain from his passive. About the only other champion who can bring those two things to an early, fast-push strategy is Alistar, and he lacks the long-range poke of Micro-Rockets. This plan really was built around Heimerdinger and his ability push down turrets quickly in the very early game, which no other mage can bring.

Duke of Mantua

02-01-2013

I hope they named a division after this thread title.

Im Duke Nukem

02-01-2013

heimer needs buffs

Xetelian

02-01-2013

A pro playing Hiemer does not mean hiemer is pro...

He's lackluster and all the leaping/gapclosing/burst champions can eat him alive.

TitansOfWar

02-01-2013

All of my support, would love to see some well deserved buffs towards heimer. Until then I will continue to enjoy playing him UP or OP

Naziru

02-01-2013

Quote:
CertainlyT:
Did anyone catch GSG vs. CJ Entus - NLB Winter Final (aired about an hour ago)? GSG just ran a strategy centered around 'Dinger. Aired on http://www.twitch.tv/eslasia... I'll resist spoiling the outcome for those who want to watch.

VoD at 3:33:00 -- http://www.twitch.tv/eslasia/b/362814801 (Thanks to Jumbledcode)

Funniest game I have ever seen! And heartening considering I was a heimer main back in the days when he was viable and have 5 turrets instead of 2 =p. Bring back 5 heimer turrets Riot, you know you want to!

Pryotra

02-01-2013

Just played Heimer since the patch. I knew he would work after QoL buffs. I have said so multiple times. Still weak, but if you know him you are fine. I noticed the changes I continue to plead for, removing the cast time and adding turret AI, where included, and it has made Heimer usefull. Take it from me, He can stay here until you rework him.

In other news, I still have my Heim skill with nades. Landing them through lag is a good feeling.

JI6

Recruiter

02-02-2013

Quote:
Pryotra:
Just played Heimer since the patch. I knew he would work after QoL buffs. I have said so multiple times. Still weak, but if you know him you are fine. I noticed the changes I continue to plead for, removing the cast time and adding turret AI, where included, and it has made Heimer usefull. Take it from me, He can stay here until you rework him.

In other news, I still have my Heim skill with nades. Landing them through lag is a good feeling.

Still his base movement speed is a hindrance and the fact that Riot made the Turret AI force itself on pets is kind of lame but I can see where they are coming from however it should only prioritize if the "minion or pet" has drawn aggro by attacking the tower ahead of a minion wave OR drawing aggro by attacking a champion while in tower range.

Fuzen kuden

02-02-2013

bump