The Heimerdinger Resistance

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tolinar

02-01-2013

Boy I'm sleepy. Mis-post.

Tenebrae Corvus

02-01-2013

Let's hope Heim keeps improving; the resistance shall endure.

skippymcgee

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
Did anyone catch GSG vs. CJ Entus - NLB Winter Final (aired about an hour ago)? GSG just ran a strategy centered around 'Dinger. Aired on http://www.twitch.tv/eslasia... I'll resist spoiling the outcome for those who want to watch.

VoD at 3:33:00 -- http://www.twitch.tv/eslasia/b/362814801 (Thanks to Jumbledcode)
Directing people to that video is dangerous though, it's worse than when Eve was bad as all hell and is more likely to encourage people to do it more often, despite it being the most situational jungler out there.

ringthree

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolinar View Post
Also, I don't see this game setting back progress on the Dinger Rework.

If anything, this is gonna cast a big bright spotlight on dinger, and the community is gonna clamor for viability.

This one game stands to revive push comps temporarily, maybe a month or two, we're gonna see Sivirs and Yis and Dingers and Alistars shoving on turrets like they can do something meaningful. Some will and some will fail brilliantly.

The added popularity of dinger, though, I think will hustle his update out.
The thing that frustrations me the most about Sivir is that she is so close to being viable, or is even already viable, but there are so many good adc already available and she is just at the bottom of that list. I think some tweaking of her shield to move some of the attack speed from her ult to give her a short term boost when her shield is up, would do a lot to change her position in the game. Then again, that might be really overpowered considering the cooldown on her shield at end-game.

ringthree

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippymcgee View Post
Directing people to that video is dangerous though, it's worse than when Eve was bad as all hell and is more likely to encourage people to do it more often, despite it being the most situational jungler out there.
Just to be clear, Heimer didn't jungle at all in that video. All the pulls were with help for him. Olaf was the jungler. I think, honestly, that since it was a push strategy and a jungler wasn't really needed, the smite was just there to throw off the other team before the minions got to lane and probably lull the other team.

WarlordAlpha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

That was one of the most incredible matches I've ever watched.

Kameil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

For great science!

Noblepeasant

02-01-2013

Thank you for sharing. That was awesome

S Galaxy Rumble

02-01-2013

Incredible match.

OtterOfLegend

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRiddum View Post
That was a brutal loss for the other team

I think that the weird strategy just threw off any coordination they had.
Really? Looked to me like CJ Entus made a good attempt at trying to defend, but their picks were so focused on single-target damage that they couldn't counterpush at all. Shen rushed his Sunfire Cape, Kha'zix evolved W, Cho was Cho, but they didn't have anything to deal with the Undertow + Piltover Peacemaker instant wave clear. GSG watched the picks and bans, saw an opposition with no early pushing power, and took the chance to make the game about early pushing.

You'll notice CJ Entus did quite well in a couple of teamfights, reacted quickly to the change and dodged a lot of Blitz grabs. They kept their cool and their coordination, but they just didn't have the pushing ability to stay even. There really wasn't much they could do, given the picks they had. Maybe Amumu over Cho, or even Yi - someone with lower cooldowns and better pushing - but on the whole, they were so outpicked that their play barely factored in, because GSG didn't tip their hand until four of CJ's picks were locked in.