The Heimerdinger Resistance

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

De Zwijger

02-01-2013

I love playing heimerdinger. His damage output is overshadowed by many other champs, but people forget heimerdinger is incredibly versatile, not to mention he has excellent crowdcontrol early on. Hell, make his missiles "target champions first" and he'll be a menace during teamfights.

Leenoco

02-01-2013

As someone who has played only Heimer and Anivia to get to level 30 since the game came out I have seen my favorite inventor in all sorts of ways and lanes and styles. This video though... this is the proudest moment of my LoL days and I think I will start playing him in ranked with the new system and the minor buffs. He still is going to need some buffs and work (Mostly that rework you have been promising us. Finish Heimer And Karma please before you work on anything else like Darius) But this video has giving me testament to when I pull out my little guy in middle and solo Dom games.

Middieno

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

It was one of the greatest matches of the last 2 years; also a strategy that I am going to completly copy on a 5s to troll with

snadam

02-01-2013

amazing game. It goes to show how messing with an opponent expectations and forcing them out of meta is a very potent strat.

Garlyle Wilds

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
Did anyone catch GSG vs. CJ Entus - NLB Winter Final (aired about an hour ago)? GSG just ran a strategy centered around 'Dinger. Aired on http://www.twitch.tv/eslasia... I'll resist spoiling the outcome for those who want to watch.

VoD at 3:33:00 -- http://www.twitch.tv/eslasia/b/362814801 (Thanks to Jumbledcode)
'scuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor because

what just happened

ringthree

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyumai View Post
Actually I think it highlights the strengths of Blitzcrank and Olaf.

With Blitzcrank there is no counter play available against hook. It's always going to be a problem and I think that's the reason why Blitzcrank is often banned. He's generally in the top 10 of banned champions because there's just no counter play to a Blitzcrank hook other than: don't get hooked. The playstyle you have to use to avoid getting hooked though makes Blitzcrank's hook effective even if you never use it.

I feel like Olaf was very important to the strat, not only because he's good at everything but because he's just got so much sustain. He very much held two lanes ('port early on from top to bot) while farming both to gain that huge advantage early. Wolves helped as well to give an early edge on Shen.

It also highlighted Shen's inability to push. However, I just can't see who they could have put up against Olaf that wouldn't have caused even more problems.

They needed Cho'Gath mid since he's their only realy AoE early. Ezreal and Sona are too squishy, and Kha'Zix can't sustain against Olaf.

Would be interesting to see who they would run if they didn't have Olaf or if Olaf ever gets significant nerfs so that he can't just infinitely sustain while dealing tons of damage.

No doubt it has set Heimerdinger back another 6 months for rework because now Riot will see him as a "valid" pick.
I actually think that Olaf is one of the more replaceable member of that comp. Tanky pusher isn't that hard to come by. There wasn't really much specific about Olaf that made him key to that comp. He got his farm from the jungle as well as the lane. Teleport was more important than specifically Olaf as opposed to another tanky pusher.

Tolinar

02-01-2013

I agree. Caitlyn's traps and Crank's grab are a potent combo, Dinger is pretty necessary for the pressure from his turrets, TF with that global ult to hit the finishing blow on open locations.

Olaf, was the bring-a-bruiser. Anyone with teleport and some EXP augmentations could have done that. But I think, Olaf in his overpowered state, was a very clever pick for the bruiser slot.

Tolinar

02-01-2013

Also, I don't see this game setting back progress on the Dinger Rework.

If anything, this is gonna cast a big bright spotlight on dinger, and the community is gonna clamor for viability.

This one game stands to revive push comps temporarily, maybe a month or two, we're gonna see Sivirs and Yis and Dingers and Alistars shoving on turrets like they can do something meaningful. Some will and some will fail brilliantly.

The added popularity of dinger, though, I think will hustle his update out.

Deleven

02-01-2013

GSG is my new favourite team

TheRiddum

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
Did anyone catch GSG vs. CJ Entus - NLB Winter Final (aired about an hour ago)? GSG just ran a strategy centered around 'Dinger. Aired on http://www.twitch.tv/eslasia... I'll resist spoiling the outcome for those who want to watch.

VoD at 3:33:00 -- http://www.twitch.tv/eslasia/b/362814801 (Thanks to Jumbledcode)
That was a brutal loss for the other team

I think that the weird strategy just threw off any coordination they had.