Should I tell my premade to stop honor on me?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zethros Fan

01-25-2013

Hi there,

While I totally understand that the honor initiative serves to others and not myself, and that my friends already know I'm an honorable player, etc., rewards like ribbons are really appealing to me and my playgroup. I don't want to talk about morality but about factual numbers and variables.

I heard somewhere that the best way to earn these was to receive honor from people who don't give much points. I don't care about that, I mean, I think I'll get my ribbons when I deserve them. The ''problem'' I have is that my friends, who I premade with, sometimes give me honor at the end of the game and I heard it was dragging your honor value down.

While I don't beg or chase for ribbons, I want to have it when earned and wouldn't delay that moment because friends and premades think they are ''helping me''. Even if I tell them not to, they're arguing ''But you deserve it, you made a real difference that game'' and such. I think it became a reflex for them.

In short, 2 questions: is getting honored by premades a ''bad'' thing and does it value your honor down? Thank you!

SchierkeWiking

01-25-2013

As far as we understand, recieving honor from friends several times only means that such particular honor won't me worth much. Not that it will drag your honor level down.

Depending on how often do they do it and if you're honoring them back then it could eventually be picked up as honor trading and you could be punished.

If you don't give them honor back then I guess there's no risk.

Zethros Fan

01-25-2013

Can we have a confirmation on this?

Exploding Barrel

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zethros Fan View Post
Can we have a confirmation on this?
Have you read the red posts on the stickied Honor thread on this forum? I'm pretty sure it touches on this stuff.