Sunfire Cape's price changes recommended

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sherlock Ley

01-13-2013

Sunfire Cape

Its price, I think it isn't reasonable.

Melee champion can choose Tiamat, because he was cheaper, and the same efficiency.
And it can become stronger.
The shooting champion does not need to Sunfire Cape,
Because they do not need to be approached rival
They need higher damage and attack speed.

So I think the The Sunfire Cape needs to reduce the price of it, at least lower than 2200.
if not
This thing will only bring you into the game late, worse ability to value.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2013

Sunfire Cape is an offense/defense item. It's designed specifically for melee-ranged characters like bruisers and tanks. For its price, where are you going to find an item that increases your lifespan by 50% AND deals 40 damage per second?

I've considered getting it on Melee carries (if I ever play one) just because it'd be a huge "**** you" to Ranged carries.

Vuther

01-13-2013

Sunfire's the best it's ever been since it stacked.

Sherlock Ley

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMyBassCannon View Post
Sunfire Cape is an offense/defense item. It's designed specifically for melee-ranged characters like bruisers and tanks. For its price, where are you going to find an item that increases your lifespan by 50% AND deals 40 damage per second?

I've considered getting it on Melee carries (if I ever play one) just because it'd be a huge "**** you" to Ranged carries.
In this case, Randuin's Omen is more suitable for you.
Because it strengthen before it lets you get more than Sunfire Cape Armor.
And you will save 400 money. (Giant's Belt1000 + Warden's Mail1100)
At the same time the other side can not beat you,
Because, so they attack speed is a lot slower than you.
This will also prolong your survival time.
Your teammates will have more time to provide damage.

And 400 of the money you save, and then 600, you can get Randuin's Omen

The Sunfire Cape the actual game utilization is very low. So far I have seen the player the chance to use it, not exceeding 1%

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock Ley View Post
In this case, Randuin's Omen is more suitable for you.
Because it strengthen before it lets you get more than Sunfire Cape Armor.
And you will save 400 money. (Giant's Belt1000 + Warden's Mail1100)
At the same time the other side can not beat you,
Because, so they attack speed is a lot slower than you.
This will also prolong your survival time.
Your teammates will have more time to provide damage.

And 400 of the money you save, and then 600, you can get Randuin's Omen

The Sunfire Cape the actual game utilization is very low. So far I have seen the player the chance to use it, not exceeding 1%
Randuin's Omen costs 600 gold more than Sunfire Cape, and has zero offensive potential.

If I'm playing a melee carry, I want offensive potential even on my defense items. I don't want Spirit Visage, I want Hexdrinker. I don't want Warmog's, I want Frozen Mallet or something that builds from Phage. I don't want Frozen Heart, I want Thornmail, Atma's or Sunfire Cape.

Yes, Randuin's is a better pure defense item. If I want only defense, I'll take Randuin's.

Sherlock Ley

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMyBassCannon View Post
Randuin's Omen costs 600 gold more than Sunfire Cape, and has zero offensive potential.

If I'm playing a melee carry, I want offensive potential even on my defense items. I don't want Spirit Visage, I want Hexdrinker. I don't want Warmog's, I want Frozen Mallet or something that builds from Phage. I don't want Frozen Heart, I want Thornmail, Atma's or Sunfire Cape.

Yes, Randuin's is a better pure defense item. If I want only defense, I'll take Randuin's.
However, its actual effect is not obvious .I mean, it kills soldier also very slow

JustMyBassCannon

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock Ley View Post
However, its actual effect is not obvious .I mean, it kills soldier also very slow
If you want instant gratification damage, stop looking at defense items and look at Infinity Edge. Look at Zephyr. Look at Mercurial Scimitar. Look at Maw of Malmortius. Look at anything but defense.

ramsrock342

01-25-2013

lower the price? its too good.
evidence:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfx6U77gbwI

Quadradactyl

01-25-2013

That Nunu most likely had Spirit of the Elder Lizard granting the true damage burn, Nid and Nunu had Sunfire, plus Nunu smite:

Sunfire Cape - 2400 x 2 - Damage = 4800

Consume - 900ish Damage per use, he used it 4 times I believe = 3600 damage

Smite - 760ish Damage assuming he has CDR he could have used it twice = 1520 damage

SoEL - 42 damage Per attack [SoEL Incinerate = 12 (+3 per level)]
He hit about 25 times or so = 1050

And Barons health being 8800 (+140 / min) being 15 minutes in that is 2250, total = 11050

11050 - 10970 = 80 health remaining.give or take as well as Nid's damage...So yeah SFC is a bit over powered.