Shyvana, outdated?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Titanomagnus

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cevonis View Post
Well, you said it better than i did. The fact that i compared Shyvana to Vi is 1 to point out the power inflation among bruisers and 2 Vi is most certainly a better version of Shyvana. i never said to buff her a LOT or a little i did hint at some re-works and some ideas though.

I understand, you are the poster, but other people after you seem to have taken you to the letter completely.

My comment before this one was not directed at you; I believe you are one of the only people who gets how much Shyvana is currently underpowered in her current state.

Thank you for taking my advice into consideration, I'll keep trying to help this great thread however I can.

Martyrofsand

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanomagnus View Post
Why are you all comparing Vi to Shyvana exactly to the letter?

Of course their abilities aren't the same!

Derp, they are different champs with different themes in mind, so of course their abilities are going to work differentl!!!!

What's true, however, is that Vi is like an outright BETTER version of Shyvana.

Look at Vi's abilities:

Her passive- I'd rather have this than Shyv's for what she does.
Her Q gives her a controlled gap-closer that hurts like a mother on coffee beans.
Her W is an awesome passive that makes taking more than 2 hits from her almost a fatality!
Her E is hands down one of the most powerful abilities that had forumers screaming 'OP' for weeks after release.

Her R is an auto-seek gap closer that knocks other things out of the way and delivers a smack-down on your target.

ALL of these are better than Shyvana's abilities, they're just better, no matter what you say or how you put it.

Buffing Shyvana's abilities little or a LOT wouldn't make a difference; what Shyvana needs is a total REVAMP to compete with champions like Vi (there are others, but Vi is a prime example), because Vi is just a better version of Shyvana.

Thanx for reading.

It's getting rather depressing how much people are wanting to cling to this bogus arguement.

Vi is not a better version of Shyvana, she is completely and totally different in her purpose and function in a team fight, and such a comparion is completely insane.

You want to say Vi's abilities are better than Shyvanas, cool, guess what Jayce's abilities are better than Vi's, does this make him a better version of Vi? Of course not, as I said both are completely different in how they function and their purpose and what they bring to their teams.

Until you understand this simple fact there is absolutely zero point in continueing this discussion because you are saying absolutely nothing of relevence. You might as well be talking about the Steelers in relationship to this years superbowl for how meaningful such a comparision is.

Quote:
As Shyvana, even if i get fed i am not scary. if kat gets fed you **** your pants, if Darius gets fed you run, if most other champions get fed you have to do something about it, but if Shyvana gets fed it's like "so what". Shyvana can easily get kills in team fights if you build tanky, why? burnout. i fought against another Shyvana who get most kills in a team fight (9 kills), and we was forced to focus Vayne who had only 3 kills. most other champions with 6 more kills than their carry and you would have to focus them. if that shyvana had built damage instead of tanky and she would have died in 2 seconds, but i didn't even noticed the presence of Shyvana in the team fight, that is how far she has fallen

That's some pretty terrible Shyvana's if you get to that point and can't carry a game well. I can tell you that every single time I have gotten fed with Shyvana regardless of how my lanes did I could carry and turn team fights. If they ignored me I would shred the hell out of their team, if they focused me I tanked and survive long enough that my team was able to punish them for it even if they where behind. Shyvana's damage in the mid game is amazing, and her late game really doesn't fall off as much as you might think. Build her intelligently, IE like how I described earlier, and your damage will still be one of the top 3 in the game and your tankiness will make you extremely difficult to deal with.

The issue people have is when they do stupid and pointless builds like Warmogs, into Atmas, into freaking Frozen Heart like I saw stupidly mentioned earlier. Those items are terrible on her and leave her without key nessessities in team fights, IE Randuins slows, GA revives, Frozen Mallet CC.

I'm going to leave it with this, if you think she is UP and refuse to listen to people who have DOMINATED, and for the record I did not lose a game as Shyvana until 2-3 months into S3, with her this patch then so be it. Those of us who understand just how damn strong she is will continue to win games with her. Make no mistake there is absolutely nothing underpowered about Shyvana other than the person sitting in front of the keyboard.

Titanomagnus

01-28-2013

If they don't give Shyvana a stun or some passive way to slow, then they need to drastically change the way her fury is generated.

This has nothing to do with the players- she's just outdated by champions like Vi who has 100% control of what she does (on top of replacing Shyvana's every role in melee).

Hopefully something will get done about Shyvana being replaced by other champs that do her job in melee better.

Thanx

Martyrofsand

01-28-2013

Quote:
If they don't give Shyvana a stun or some passive way to slow, then they need to drastically change the way her fury is generated.

This has nothing to do with the players- she's just outdated by champions like Vi who has 100% control of what she does (on top of replacing Shyvana's every role in melee).

Hopefully something will get done about Shyvana being replaced by other champs that do her job in melee better.

Thanx

They make an item called "Frozen Mallet" try buying it sometime. Also her fury generates perfectly fine. AA minions, build your fury save it for a team fight. Often times I ult into a team fight, we get kills by the time the enemy team has respawned guess who is ready to ult again?

As I said in another thread, please stop posting your ignorance you really aren't doing anybody any favors.

Estred Shantile

01-28-2013

Quote:
This is not a bad idea, but what Shyvana REALLY needs is something that controls her rage better- so, instead of her having to blow her ulti just because it's up instead of having to wear someone down and THEN being able to use it as a gap closer- change one or two of her abilities to instantly increase her resource regeneration dramatically instead of giving it to her Ultimate-which is used as a gap closer more than anything.
Twin Bite could generate significantly more rage if you hit a Fireball debuffed target. Thus making it more desirable to stick to one target. Remember Shyvana was built around "sticking to a target" in Human Form.

steel knux

07-06-2013

this is a 5 month old post, shyvana already is going through a kit rework in the pbe.