Please Un-nerf Elise

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WolvesTail

07-05-2013

In patch 3.7, Elise's spider form was nerfed by taking away it's bonus Armor and Magic resist. Elise as she stands now has the squishyness of a caster with the range of melee. I understand you wanted Elise to "think carefully" about the choices she makes, but now the only choice you've given her is to run away.

To give you an example of the difference, Elise has 73 armor and 30 magic resist at level 18. Darius has 83 armor and 52.5 magic resist at level 18. If I'm going to risk getting dunked, I want to go in with a level playing field.

Also, fun fact: Neurotoxin has a range of 650, while apprend has a range of 550. So basically, you're having to go in one less step even in human form.

Also, please fix the bug where you press W ("volitile spidering") and it goes on cooldown, costs mana, and yet nothing happens (no spider.) There are several reports in the bug forum.

Arkara73

07-05-2013

Why the hell are u comparing Elise to Darius. Two completely different Champs. Why should she be changed based off of one champion that has more armor and magic resist that is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FROM HER. You want a level playing field when you go in to fight Darius? Great learn how to counter build.

WolvesTail

07-06-2013

You fail reading comprehension.

Melee characters have a different baseline MR and Armor than ranged ADCs or APs. Diana, for example, is considered Melee, so she has the more or less same baseline MR as Darius, Garen, Xin Zhou, etc. They all have around 80 armor and around 50 MR.

When in spider form, Elise has to fight melee. Which is why I'm asking them to reverse the change.

MooseTits

07-06-2013

Ok even if he didn't do justice by comparing with Darius, point is Elise kinda really did get annoying to play with.. doesn't match up to other champs, and besides her Q % dmg, nothing else really scales sufficiently.

Also her AS boost in spider form should be a much smoother and quicker use, problem with that is u have to be close for more than a second or two for it to do sufficient dmg, and if ur close as Elise for too long, that doesn't end well.. as of now its just a good tower taker, but even that gets annoying when ur spiderlings get targeted over other minions

Lil122j

07-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseTits View Post
spiderlings get targeted over other minions
This ^

This is something I'd like to be changed very much.

KoolGus

07-06-2013

Elise is broken idk why ur asking for Riot to buff her when if anything Riot is going to nerf her, which is expected in 3.9/3.10

Mindworm Jim

07-06-2013

The reason that both Nidalee and Elise lost their bonus Armor and Magic Resist (and why I suspect Jayce might follow*) in their melee forms essentially boils down to this:

They are ranged characters. Sure, in the appropriate form they become melee champions, but shifting into your form is a distinct tactical choice on your part. No one forces you to do it. In addition, since you can shift into the melee form when enemies close, you could essentially have the safety of a ranged character while getting the defensive bonuses of a melee character, which is simply too strong.

As for the spiderlings, it's annoying, but consistent. Turrets always prioritize champion pets over minions. That's just the way it is. Zyra and Heimerdinger players are also annoyed by it.

+++

*I'm not quite sure, since unlike the two of them Jayce has to spend mana to use his melee-form abilities, but we'll see.

r0achthelooter

07-06-2013

I'm around 80wins/45L as her on other account, she's probably still overpowered. She gets so boring to play after like 40 times. No real strategy or anything involved. Just same build over and over and jump on people and they instantly explode.

My record with her is worse on this account, I had over 10 kills per game average with her on this account until I had a string of afk team members which is pretty outrageous for a tank.

CerealBoxOfDoom

07-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolvesTail View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkara73 View Post
Quote:
To give you an example of the difference, Elise has 73 armor and 30 magic resist at level 18. Darius has 83 armor and 52.5 magic resist at level 18. If I'm going to risk getting dunked, I want to go in with a level playing field.
Why the hell are u comparing Elise to Darius.
You fail reading comprehension.
stopped reading here

D E Merry

07-06-2013

Quote:
When in spider form, Elise has to fight melee. Which is why I'm asking them to reverse the change.
When in Cougar Form, Nidalee has to fight Melee. She gains no bonus defensive stats. This is because while being melee, you FINISH OFF THE ENEMY after heavily damaging them in ranged. Thus, her Q deals more damage as the enemy lacks health. Additionally, she gains BONUS MOBILITY.

When in Spider Form, Elise has to fight Melee. She gains no bonus defensive stats. This is because while being melee, you FINISH OFF THE ENEMY after heavily damaging them in ranged. Thus, her Q deals more damage as the enemy lacks health. Additionally, she gains BONUS MOBILITY, a powerful gap closer, and sustain.

When in Valor Form, Quinn has to fight Melee. She gains no bonus defensive stats. This is because while being melee, you FINISH OFF THE ENEMY after heavily damaging them in ranged. Thus, her R deals more damage as the enemy lacks health. Additionally, she gains BONUS MOBILITY and strong attack speed.

On top of all this, these three champions have great dueling prowess in ranged form and a gap closer in melee form.

Must I continue?

When in Hammer Form, Jayce has to fight Melee. He gains bonus defensive stats. This is because while being melee, Jayce only has a short gap closer and other than knocking the enemy back, has no way of escaping due to LIMITED MOBILITY in Melee form. Additionally, Jayce gains active benefits for constantly changing form, unlike Nidalee, Elise, and Quinn, which is why Jayce gains bonus stats while being in Melee form.
Let me repeat that last part. Jayce gains bonus stats for being in Melee form, and is forced to change out of Melee form to use his mobility, to use the active portions of his R, etc. and thus loses his bonus stats to be able to stay mobile and make use of the R.

If you SERIOUSLY want me to continue, I'll actually start talking about DotA until you realize what you're missing. And even I don't want to talk about DotA 1.