Shyvana, outdated?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cevonis

01-25-2013

I love Shyvana, she is my first champ i bought and i have hundreds of game experience with her but in a recent conversation with a friend of mine he said Shyvana is "flawed" and "outdated" and although i hate to say it, Shyvana just can't perform as well as she did. sure she can jungle and solo top but there is better, and i find it very hard to solo top when very other game Darius is solo top and Darius counters Shyvana, or Riven or Elise who compleatly destroys Shyvana

Shyvana's Q is outdated, Vi proved this when her E scales just as well or even better then Shyvana's Q AND it also has a base damage, though small, as well as being AOE. Shyvana's Q just don't hurt as much anymore, and it realy needs better scaling like starting out at 95% and goes up to 120% or something like that, that way it does the damage it needs. Whenever i hit people with her Q it doesn't feel like it did enough even at max level.

Shyvana's W is less useful then other champion's abilitys, and sense Shyvana rely's heavily on attack speed i think giving it either passive or activated bonus attack speed as well as the aoe damage. i would prefer a passive starting at 10% and ending at 30%.

Shyvana's E is really under powered, no other way to put it. sure it reduces armor by 15% but Vi's W not only reduces armor by 20% but also speeds her up AND does a % of max health every 3 hits. So yeah, 15% is weak, especially when it is a skill shot, does not do that much damage, and minions can block it AND scales with AP that Shyvana doesn't build.

Shyvana's ult, is it meant to be CCed during transformation animation? Vi hit me with her Q during the ult's animation and interruped it TWICE in the same game, I've also been pulled by Darius and CCed by other champs during flight. it makes it really weak as you only gain the armor buff and don't get away or do the damage it should have done. It also scales with AP so it doesn't do damage, up to 400 damage, wow that's a lot. i think it should scale with ad even if a little. While the CC interruption didn't happen before season 3 it shows Shyvana is getting a little dated.

SO, riot, please show shyvana some love and update her and please, please, please, please, please, giver her a legendary skin, preferably the whiteout/forstfire/frostbite skin in this thread:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post33875440

Titanomagnus

01-25-2013

I agree that Shyvana is flawed and outdated compared to many recent champs.

Is such a shame, because her concept, model art and ulti are all very beautiful, impressive and above all, FUN to use.

Sadly though, with champs like Vi, there's little point to playing Shyvana, when you know Vi's just an update with a different face.

I'm with you, Cevonis, pretty please, Riot, update Shyvana so that she is viable and lovable once more.

Let the dragon soar once more!

Cevonis

01-25-2013

Here is an ability rework idea for Shyvana. Make her work more like Nidalee and Elise. where she gets her R at level 1 or something. So it would go something like this.

human form:
Q: Just like twinbite does bonus damage on next attack
W: Burnout just like it is
E: Fireball that reduces armor or burns target.

Dragon form
Q: Lunges at next attack or at selected target so it's a gap closer that shyvana really needs instead of having one every 100 to 60 seconds
W:Instead of a persistent AOE put's out all the damage at once and gives a speed boost for a shorter duration
E:Cone of fire but instead of armor reduction it burns the target over time
R:Transform into a dragon with passive armor and MR
Passive: deals bonus damage (or gets bonus attack speed) based on a % of rage she has.
Mana: none but has rage that increases when she gets hit but slowly reduces when she is out of combat. (The more you hit her the angrier she gets)

Just an idea let me know what you guys think.

Titanomagnus

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cevonis View Post
Here is an ability rework idea for Shyvana. Make her work more like Nidalee and Elise. where she gets her R at level 1 or something. So it would go something like this.

human form:
Q: Just like twinbite does bonus damage on next attack
W: Burnout just like it is
E: Fireball that reduces armor or burns target.

Dragon form
Q: Lunges at next attack or at selected target so it's a gap closer that shyvana really needs instead of having one every 100 to 60 seconds
W:Instead of a persistent AOE put's out all the damage at once and gives a speed boost for a shorter duration
E:Cone of fire but instead of armor reduction it burns the target over time
R:Transform into a dragon with passive armor and MR
Passive: deals bonus damage (or gets bonus attack speed) based on a % of rage she has.
Mana: none but has rage that increases when she gets hit but slowly reduces when she is out of combat. (The more you hit her the angrier she gets)

Just an idea let me know what you guys think.
This is not a bad idea, but what Shyvana REALLY needs is something that controls her rage better- so, instead of her having to blow her ulti just because it's up instead of having to wear someone down and THEN being able to use it as a gap closer- change one or two of her abilities to instantly increase her resource regeneration dramatically instead of giving it to her Ultimate-which is used as a gap closer more than anything.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-25-2013

I like her how she is but it would be nice if you didnt have to blow all her rage/fury or whatever just to ult. Nothing quite as sad as a ferocious dragon looking for something to do on a battlefield cuz the enemy already died. I prefer the armor shred though. utility for the win

Foxbyte

01-25-2013

Unfortunately Season 3 utterly failed in its stated goals for the jungle, and wound up doing little more than harshly nerfing AoE junglers, which is exactly what Shyvana was.

I mean, the "point" of S3 jungle changes was supposedly to ease early lane pressure from the jungle, right? Well, sad story is that most junglers clear at the exact same speed as before, and with Hunter's Machete + forced hard leashing, most of them also have the same HP at the end of it too.

So now instead of the more balanced jungle we had before, now we have previously good junglers who got promoted to God-tier (Nocturne), and other good junglers who got shafted to uselessness (Shyvana).

I really hope they address this in the future.

KitStylus

01-25-2013

I want to show my support for Shyvana, i used to main her and she was really fun, running around and turning into a Dragon. I agree she's been
constantly nerfed by the jungle and items while not getting anything in return. Riot needs to look at every champion S3 hurt, and balance them,
when i only see nerfs patch after patch is a bit disheartening.

I would love to see Shyvana's Dragon form reworked so you can stay a Dragon longer. This is a rare opportunity to make a Dragon champion that
could be SO MUCH cooler than the 10 second Dragon spamming skills we have now. Having a bigger Dragon Model, with a different play style
and maybe the ability to fly or hover would be awesome and unique.

Cevonis

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitStylus View Post
I want to show my support for Shyvana, i used to main her and she was really fun, running around and turning into a Dragon. I agree she's been
constantly nerfed by the jungle and items while not getting anything in return. Riot needs to look at every champion S3 hurt, and balance them,
when i only see nerfs patch after patch is a bit disheartening.

I would love to see Shyvana's Dragon form reworked so you can stay a Dragon longer. This is a rare opportunity to make a Dragon champion that
could be SO MUCH cooler than the 10 second Dragon spamming skills we have now. Having a bigger Dragon Model, with a different play style
and maybe the ability to fly or hover would be awesome and unique.
yeah, i like the ability to fly and hover, like ignoring unit colision. a more frequent gap closer ,etc ,etc.

just about every champion released has some form of CC now, yet shyvana has none except for that little nudge from her alt. elise has a stun, nami has stuns and slows, syndra has a stun, i think rengar had a slow or something, i've never played him and only fought him once. thresh has a pull and slow, Vi has a bump and a knock up. what does shyvana have? 1 gap closer that she can use every 100 seconds to 60 seconds and a speed up, thats all. every champion that has been release recently and every champion that will be released will have some form of stun, or slow, or knock up, or pull.

Jesus the Friend

01-25-2013

Concur, Shyvana needs some buffs.

I believe the way to make her relevant is to buff Q and E to actually get better with levels, especially Q which barely changes at all.

How about greater and greater armor shred on E per level?
How about a triple attack at level 5 Q?

Aringhe

01-25-2013

The only problem I have with Shyvana at present is that her E doesn't work on Dragon anymore. Reverting that nerf so I can actually have a purpose to leveling E up before my Q would be awesome.