Tribunal is RERE to the max.....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

n00bsause

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostbar View Post
lol @ this thread. some of the posts in here, wow.

I think my favorite is comparing getting banned for bad behavior to a cop shooting someone for a traffic violation.

simple rule kids, follow it to success: you reap what you sew.
the point of the matter is.. who are you to determine what punishment we receive...The police officer does not control the outcome of a criminals trial, why should a player determine the outcome of another player.
The posts here have done nothing but support my statements in saying that most of those doing the tribunal are just as toxic as the players they are banning, and its ridiculous. Why are other games just as much if not more popular and able to tell their actual paying customers, sorry but we input an ignore feature so that you could ignore players harassing you, not so that you could ignore the ignore feature, listen to what he says and report him after the game. And riot thinks they were the first to put in lack of all chat at the start of the game, big whoop.. you cant communicate across factions on WoW, never have been never will be, so that there is nothing new. And get into a losing Battleground on WoW and see if you dont have flaming people in your chat. I gaurantee you will, without a doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo2k5 View Post
In ten years sir, you are going to look back at the way you act now, and be really embarrassed.
The only thing i will look back and be embarrased for is the lack of sensibility and effort riot games has put forth for this issue. When Lyte was HIRED to help the gaming community he took on one challenge that wasnt even a problem, player harassment. The playerbase was not worried about harassment, we were worried about the amount of people going into a game and leaving or intentionally feeding. No matter how much a player supposedly harasses you the fact of the matter is you allow it to happen by not putting said player on ignore.. NOW COMES THE ... WHY TEAM UP WITH PEOPLE ON IGNORE... which falls under the same catagory as why team up with a player who solely speaks Spanish, or Portuguese or any language that you do not speak for that matter. Does the lack of communication in CHAT cause you to lose... NO simply NO.. If you are relying on someone to type out and read messages from chat then you are already at a disadvantage because you are typing/reading instead of playing. The only real communication that matters is VOICE communication because it is INSTANT and can be done without having to pull your attention away for even a second. There are many players who are now refusing to even look at or acknowledge chat because they are afraid that anything they say will anger one of the carebear's and they will get reported/banned, because everyone knows once you make it to the tribunal the end result is PUNISH. EVERYTIME

grath

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bsause View Post
This is just like a cop shooting someone and killing them over a simple traffic violation. IT should NEVER happen but it does and needs to be stopped. This player could have easily been ignored but instead the people who sent the report elected to argue with him AND not put him on ignore, but what happens? the player gets a permaban and the players who were trolling him to get a rise out of him get nothing, why? Because i can gaurantee the player who was doing most of the trash talk has enough maturity to realize that reporting players for chat can simply be solved by clicking ignore. He elected to argue/trash talk just as the players who got him permabanned. This is the kind of junk im talking about. The tribunal is making it ok for people to stay within said guidelines and talk trash to the point they anger someone so that they can report them, WHY? Because they know that once a player even makes it to the tribunal that ooo so easy punish button is going to get clicked and said player will be banned..
Actually its like a person repeatedly commiting traffic violations and losing their license and getting their car taken from them.

Unlike that situation you can get a new license very easily and a new car.

grath

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiotic Life View Post
It makes me wonder why they even let you turn off the chat filter when you get banned for saying anything that can be filtered anyway. The system does not work, if you can't see that then go play WoW for a bit, far less toxic community (still flamers, but the number of trolls in BG's is astronomically lower than the number of trolls in LoL) and yet you're allowed to **** talk a bit. Why? Because blizzard realizes that no harm is done, there's an ignore feature for a reason. Use it.
actually its more that blizzard loses money when the permanently ban you. Riot does not.

Rhab

Recruiter

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlitYourWrist View Post
If all of the so-called "toxic" players left this game Riot would be left with a handful of hypersensitive nerds whining about how the game has become a ghost town.
at least it would be a pleasant ghost town =P

Mordliss

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Barrel View Post
Why would I want to play a team game with people I have to mute?
Why would I want to play a game with a trash team mate that feeds and is terrible and cant handle being called out on it?

Why do I want to waste 20 minutes of my life with a duo queue that didnt get the lanes they wanted and double picked jungle with two smites?

I dont, and because I dont I will call them out in all chat, and I will get reported for saying NAUGHTY words.... the tribunal is joke, no other game has ever had a policy on "cursing" in the chat... its a joke.

2013 is raising some kids that are so sensitive it makes me sick, these "Reported for Verbal Abuse" children need a good @$$ kicking to set them straight.

RaleonNightShado

01-26-2013

Wow. This is simple - chat is necessary for communication.
The level of antagonism that is seen in these games, in which YOU CANNOT LEAVE, is the real issue.
So what if I f'd up hard and fed. Carry since you're so good.

Oh, maybe try and give a suggestion of how to improve, idfk, it's not saying naughty words, it's the raging flaming nonsensical insults to someone you don't know who might've just had their cat run across their keyboard and now you're assaulting them as a person.

First of all, threats of physical violence over the internet ARE able to be pursued by law as assault and threats on a persons life can be investigated, no matter how laughable that might seem.

Secondly, if you're SO angry about other people making mistakes on your team (because you've never, ever made one, especially not while learning), go play a First-person non-team shooter. stfu plz.

Third, it's not 'calling someone out on being bad' to rage, call them trash, tell them to uninstall and die, that they do bad things to relatives, and so on. Give 'em a tip, or you're the noob here.

Nickalonte

01-26-2013

I think that is a garbage excuse. I would like to know that my reports have been looked at. I have a specific player that I want you to review. His summoner name is THETHORNS. He completely screwed over our team in a ranked game for no reason. I sent in a report but he was completely out of line with language and constant rage. If you can review game chat you could see clearly that this player needs to be disciplined. Thanks for hearing what I have to say.

Nickalonte

01-26-2013

Following the rules doesnt get you anywhere. I follow the rules every game. I am very nice to teammates I encourage them to do better even when they are doing HORRIBLE. So what am I doing wrong? For some reason every game I get that 1 person who just wants to ruin a game for no reason at all.

Shunkwugga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bsause View Post
exactly

Riot is also the only game company that will ban for harassment in a non private chat. What do other games do?
Dota 2.

Shunkwugga

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleonNightShado View Post
Wow. This is simple - chat is necessary for communication.
The level of antagonism that is seen in these games, in which YOU CANNOT LEAVE, is the real issue.
So what if I f'd up hard and fed. Carry since you're so good.

Oh, maybe try and give a suggestion of how to improve, idfk, it's not saying naughty words, it's the raging flaming nonsensical insults to someone you don't know who might've just had their cat run across their keyboard and now you're assaulting them as a person.

First of all, threats of physical violence over the internet ARE able to be pursued by law as assault and threats on a persons life can be investigated, no matter how laughable that might seem.

Secondly, if you're SO angry about other people making mistakes on your team (because you've never, ever made one, especially not while learning), go play a First-person non-team shooter. stfu plz.

Third, it's not 'calling someone out on being bad' to rage, call them trash, tell them to uninstall and die, that they do bad things to relatives, and so on. Give 'em a tip, or you're the noob here.
They should keep their cat under control.

People have the resources to learn on their own and choose not to.

Why would I want to help people who are terrible? If they're doing phenominally bad, they're willfully ignorant and shouldn't be playing to begin with. The whole "you were new once" argument doesn't fly. Yes, I was new once...but I also wasn't stupid ever. I looked up basics on how to play and what to do for various things and would go into bot matches to get used to new characters, maybe read an item build now and again. There's a difference between being new and being stupid. Most of these people are stupid and should not be given advice that they won't follow.