Tribunal is RERE to the max.....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NecroticBinder

Senior Member

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bsause View Post
Exactly what im talking about.. Its ok to call others children .. and these are the players in charge of your precious tribunal
Well, lets see the differences. The rules for the forums are less strict and are more lenient. You also are not punished for leaving them or going to a different thread. You aren't required to tolerate the other people on the forums because teamwork is not required. Etc. etc.

That's part of growing up you see! It's learning what is and isn't acceptable within different social situations. I'm calling you a child because you use arguments like calling the tribunal retarded (That's what rere means) and hyperbole, so, grow up and you won't be called a child. And if I'm punished for my actions on the forums (I likely won't) then I'll accept the punishment as it is given and change my actions. Unlike you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exploding Barrel

Senior Member

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bsause View Post
This is just like a cop shooting someone and killing them over a simple traffic violation. IT should NEVER happen but it does and needs to be stopped. This player could have easily been ignored but instead the people who sent the report elected to argue with him AND not put him on ignore, but what happens? the player gets a permaban and the players who were trolling him to get a rise out of him get nothing, why? Because i can gaurantee the player who was doing most of the trash talk has enough maturity to realize that reporting players for chat can simply be solved by clicking ignore. He elected to argue/trash talk just as the players who got him permabanned. This is the kind of junk im talking about. The tribunal is making it ok for people to stay within said guidelines and talk trash to the point they anger someone so that they can report them, WHY? Because they know that once a player even makes it to the tribunal that ooo so easy punish button is going to get clicked and said player will be banned..
So really, what you disagree with is the rules themselves. But... why is letting the players decide how to enforce the rules, which is what the Tribunal is for, not the best case scenario even for your point of view? If Riot was enforcing these rules, and they have said numerous more times that they would do so more strictly than the Tribunal does now, would you be satisfied? I highly doubt it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

n00bsause

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methelod View Post
Oh. I love this argument. "No one else uses it. So it's wrong!" Honestly, grow up and learn to write an actual argument. I'm going to continue to mock you and your friend here because the first thing you see is "Tribunal is RERE to the max." which tells me that the argument is silly, idiotic, and likely not worth the time.

Why don't you put forth a legitimate reason why a system of communal governance that is moderated by the owners of the system being governed is a bad thing? Especially when there are safeguards to limited the potential for abuse within the system and a very, very low proven false positive rate?

yet you have read every post.. funny how its not worth your time... troll harder bro troll harder


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Symbiotic Life

Member

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methelod View Post
Oh. I love this argument. "No one else uses it. So it's wrong!" Honestly, grow up and learn to write an actual argument. I'm going to continue to mock you and your friend here because the first thing you see is "Tribunal is RERE to the max." which tells me that the argument is silly, idiotic, and likely not worth the time.

Why don't you put forth a legitimate reason why a system of communal governance that is moderated by the owners of the system being governed is a bad thing? Especially when there are safeguards to limited the potential for abuse within the system and a very, very low proven false positive rate?
Ironically your attitude is the sort which shows up in reports often. In fact I'm saddened by the fact the tribunal is made up of arrogant people such as yourself. I've done nothing but point out that it's an unused system, and yes that means it's not credible. This is not gameplay, where new systems should continue to evolve, bans always have been and always should be handled solely by employees and not community members. The fact that you can literally sit there and spam punish as an angry 12 year old kid is frightening. I've read some of the reports that have been punished, people can even get banned for saying they carried when they clearly did.

Many pro players such as Iwilldominate have even suffered bans in this system, and in his case it's a full year. Frankly the situation is ridiculous, and what's truly toxic is the tribunal. I've played the game long enough to know it was better off without it. Get a thicker skin or use the mute function if you can't deal with people's rage. Every other game tells you to do this and suck it up, but LoL is for some reason becoming carebear heaven. Personally I don't involve myself in "toxic" behaviours but if others do so I don't feel the need to report so long as they didn't feed or were not openly racist/spammy or uncommunicative.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exploding Barrel

Senior Member

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiotic Life View Post
Ironically your attitude is the sort which shows up in reports often. In fact I'm saddened by the fact the tribunal is made up of arrogant people such as yourself. I've done nothing but point out that it's an unused system, and yes that means it's not credible. This is not gameplay, where new systems should continue to evolve, bans always have been and always should be handled solely by employees and not community members. The fact that you can literally sit there and spam punish as an angry 12 year old kid is frightening. I've read some of the reports that have been punished, people can even get banned for saying they carried when they clearly did.
- You keep SAYING it's unused, with nothing but your wishful thinking to back it up.

- Riot employees regularly point out that they would be STRICTER reviewing these cases themselves.

- The Tribunal identifies when people are spamming punish and stops recording their votes. Same with false reporters.

- Why should "gameplay" evolve but disciplinary systems as a whole should not? I'd be interested to hear you actually support that point.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

n00bsause

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiotic Life View Post
Ironically your attitude is the sort which shows up in reports often. In fact I'm saddened by the fact the tribunal is made up of arrogant people such as yourself. I've done nothing but point out that it's an unused system, and yes that means it's not credible. This is not gameplay, where new systems should continue to evolve, bans always have been and always should be handled solely by employees and not community members. The fact that you can literally sit there and spam punish as an angry 12 year old kid is frightening. I've read some of the reports that have been punished, people can even get banned for saying they carried when they clearly did.

Many pro players such as Iwilldominate have even suffered bans in this system, and in his case it's a full year. Frankly the situation is ridiculous, and what's truly toxic is the tribunal. I've played the game long enough to know it was better off without it. Get a thicker skin or use the mute function if you can't deal with people's rage. Every other game tells you to do this and suck it up, but LoL is for some reason becoming carebear heaven. Personally I don't involve myself in "toxic" behaviours but if others do so I don't feel the need to report so long as they didn't feed or were not openly racist/spammy or uncommunicative.

ty for actually using your brain and seeing what im talking about, my point is very clear and every other game world wide agrees with it. And as i said i have played since beta and yes it was MUCH MUCH MUCH Better before tribunal ever existed. Players begged for bans not for chat, but for those players leaving games or intentionally feeding. Trash talk is and always will be a part of ANY sport whether it be an ESport such as LoL or Football/basketball. The player community was better then because we did not have so many players eager to report for the most idiotic reasons. And the fact that methelod keeps downing posts and responding to this "waste of time" merely proves that the forums/tribunal is full of trolls who prefer angering players to the point of trash talk and then clicking the magic ban button afterwords. Check his record on tribunal i bet its over 99% punish.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exploding Barrel

Senior Member

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bsause View Post
ty for actually using your brain and seeing what im talking about, my point is very clear and every other game world wide agrees with it. And as i said i have played since beta and yes it was MUCH MUCH MUCH Better before tribunal ever existed. Players begged for bans not for chat, but for those players leaving games or intentionally feeding. Trash talk is and always will be a part of ANY sport whether it be an ESport such as LoL or Football/basketball. The player community was better then because we did not have so many players eager to report for the most idiotic reasons. And the fact that methelod keeps downing posts and responding to this "waste of time" merely proves that the forums/tribunal is full of trolls who prefer angering players to the point of trash talk and then clicking the magic ban button afterwords. Check his record on tribunal i bet its over 99% punish.
Ok, I was trying to salvage this thread into an actual discussion, but I can see you're more interested in just bickering and making stuff up.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

n00bsause

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Barrel View Post
- You keep SAYING it's unused, with nothing but your wishful thinking to back it up.

- Riot employees regularly point out that they would be STRICTER reviewing these cases themselves.

- The Tribunal identifies when people are spamming punish and stops recording their votes. Same with false reporters.

- Why should "gameplay" evolve but disciplinary systems as a whole should not? I'd be interested to hear you actually support that point.
I know teens who have figured that out and merely do 15 cases a day. no way to stop that because its not counted as spamming the punish button. AND if the system is not flawed and most players deserve a punish how can one punish 20 plus players without thier opinion not getting recorded? The system is FLAWED period.

Gameplay evolves because of changes like the ones coming to season 3, lots of mastery changes, rune changes, and even changes to the map, that is evolution. The reasons to report DO NOT change, they havn't since tribunal was released and they wont in the near future. IF reports in the tribunal are nothing but harassment how is that evolving? If anything the fact that any player can get in a small amount of false votes does nothing but de-evolve the system.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Symbiotic Life

Member

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Barrel View Post
- You keep SAYING it's unused, with nothing but your wishful thinking to back it up.

- Riot employees regularly point out that they would be STRICTER reviewing these cases themselves.

- The Tribunal identifies when people are spamming punish and stops recording their votes. Same with false reporters.

- Why should "gameplay" evolve but disciplinary systems as a whole should not? I'd be interested to hear you actually support that point.
-No other game uses this. Period. Name one if you can, but I assure you that you cannot.

-Then Riot is frankly incompetent, although I know they're lying anyway. Look at the ratio of banned players in league comparative to any other major game (such as WoW, you can look up some relatively accurate figures online) and it's frankly disgusting. League is way too trigger happy with bans, particularly permanent ones.

-This is false, it actually has to do with punish accuracy, so long as the majority is always voting punish then their is no block. And of course seeing as the vast majority of people are far too lazy to even read a book, much less the text of players in a video game, I have no doubt they just press punish as soon as they see a single minor insult (if not before) with no idea of context (like a complete troll or afk on the team).

-Because, it's the companies responsibility to deal with it, not the communities. This is not a court system, where a jury is presented evidence and is left to vote on it amongst themselves. The differences are too extreme, for one thing you don't need 100% punish to get the punishment accepted, and of course the members are unknown people hiding behind a computer, with no personal viewpoint there's no way to hold empathy. There's not even an age requirement, a time played requirement (only level 20 is needed), the problems are endless. The day EA/Blizzard or any other large scale corporation uses this system is the day pig's fly, I assure you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

n00bsause

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Barrel View Post
Ok, I was trying to salvage this thread into an actual discussion, but I can see you're more interested in just bickering and making stuff up.

Exactly what am i making up? And how is saying thank you bickering? Proving my point even farther.