Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tribunal is RERE to the max.....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exploding Barrel

01-25-2013

Quote:
n00bsause:
This post right here stands by my decision and point that too many people are just clicking punish and getting thier jolly's from it...

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3039456

HAPPY OVER A PERMABAN... ARE YOU KIDDING ME? AND RIOT SUPPORTS THIS?

Why do you say that is wrong? Does a policeman not feel good about catching a criminal and getting him off the streets?

Symbiotic Life

01-25-2013

Quote:
Exploding Barrel:
Why do you say that is wrong? Does a policeman not feel good about catching a criminal and getting him off the streets?

In this case it's more akin to the police officer feeling happy about killing said criminal, as they are no longer ever going to be a part of the community again.

n00bsause

01-25-2013

Quote:
SlitYourWrist:
If all of the so-called "toxic" players left this game Riot would be left with a handful of hypersensitive nerds whining about how the game has become a ghost town.

UMM riot is not expending any resources to help the issue.. hence the creation of player based TRIBUNAL... The point is for the largest game player base in the world the community is going to talk trash, the objective is to get over yourselves and deal with it. Why is riot the only game company on the web to ban players for negative trash talk? They are just giving children power and the right to not ignore players and cry after the game. OOO HE CALLED ME BAD WAHHH.. who cares, grow up its the internet you are going to hear MANY MANY things that you do not like.

NecroticBinder

01-25-2013

Yay! Strawmen and children who throw hissy fits against the tribunal because they got punished.

Exploding Barrel

01-25-2013

Quote:
n00bsause:
Everybody loses a game.. thats part of the game whats the difference in someone you have to mute and those players that do not speak your language or do not speak at all.. NONE the only difference is that you like to look for a reason to feel important and cry. There is no reason for people to cry over chat when it is so easily disabled.. Seeing as the tribunal is nothing but harassment cases the whole system is a joke. Ban players for leaving games, afk , intentional feed.. things that actually RUIN the game. A mad player who is on ignore can not ruin your game, unless you allow them to ruin your game by not putting them ignore. That is like the age old saying.. "Someone can only get under your skin if you let them" Have any of you even checked to see what the actual bans are for? 90% of them are harassment and the players who actually ruin the game by intentional feeding and such merely have to play the tutorial again and then right back into ranked they go. That in my opinion and many others is just redundant.

I want to play with people who coordinate and chat in a positive way. That's the whole appeal of a team-based game. If I'm muting people who harass me, not only have I already been harassed, but our chances of winning are lower and the fun of the game is reduced due to the severed communication. I'm sorry if you don't agree that communication is an essential part of a team, but I think you're in the minority on that.

Exploding Barrel

01-25-2013

Quote:
Symbiotic Life:
In this case it's more akin to the police officer feeling happy about killing said criminal, as they are no longer ever going to be a part of the community again.

Sure. Asking someone to no longer play one video game is akin to unnecessary police brutality. This is a sensible direction for the discussion to go.

Quote:
n00bsause:
UMM riot is not expending any resources to help the issue.. hence the creation of player based TRIBUNAL... The point is for the largest game player base in the world the community is going to talk trash, the objective is to get over yourselves and deal with it. Why is riot the only game company on the web to ban players for negative trash talk? They are just giving children power and the right to not ignore players and cry after the game. OOO HE CALLED ME BAD WAHHH.. who cares, grow up its the internet you are going to hear MANY MANY things that you do not like.

Riot's the main (definitely not only) company to prioritize player sportsmanship. And now League of Legends is by far the biggest online game in the world. Coincidence? Maybe. But it sure isn't hurting.

Symbiotic Life

01-25-2013

Quote:
Methelod:
Yay! Strawmen and children who throw hissy fits against the tribunal because they got punished.

I think your attitude is toxic. Again, this kind of system isn't used by any credible corporation, if Riot wants to be taken seriously it needs to change.

EDIT: Any particular reason you're accusing me and others of being children? That sort of attitude is punishable via tribunal, so perhaps you're not in support of it as much as you thought. I can assure you I'm not a child, although I don't mind if you try to make that sort of "strawman" argument.

NecroticBinder

01-25-2013

Quote:
Symbiotic Life:
I think your attitude is toxic. Again, this kind of system isn't used by any credible corporation, if Riot wants to be taken seriously it needs to change.

Oh. I love this argument. "No one else uses it. So it's wrong!" Honestly, grow up and learn to write an actual argument. I'm going to continue to mock you and your friend here because the first thing you see is "Tribunal is RERE to the max." which tells me that the argument is silly, idiotic, and likely not worth the time.

Why don't you put forth a legitimate reason why a system of communal governance that is moderated by the owners of the system being governed is a bad thing? Especially when there are safeguards to limited the potential for abuse within the system and a very, very low proven false positive rate?

n00bsause

01-25-2013

Quote:
Exploding Barrel:

This is just like a cop shooting someone and killing them over a simple traffic violation. IT should NEVER happen but it does and needs to be stopped. This player could have easily been ignored but instead the people who sent the report elected to argue with him AND not put him on ignore, but what happens? the player gets a permaban and the players who were trolling him to get a rise out of him get nothing, why? Because i can gaurantee the player who was doing most of the trash talk has enough maturity to realize that reporting players for chat can simply be solved by clicking ignore. He elected to argue/trash talk just as the players who got him permabanned. This is the kind of junk im talking about. The tribunal is making it ok for people to stay within said guidelines and talk trash to the point they anger someone so that they can report them, WHY? Because they know that once a player even makes it to the tribunal that ooo so easy punish button is going to get clicked and said player will be banned..

n00bsause

01-25-2013

Quote:
Methelod:

Exactly what im talking about.. Its ok to call others children .. and these are the players in charge of your precious tribunal

your tribunal is filled with trolls like this methelod who call others children but think that he deserves to give other players bans due to the names they call others. The point is that players like this should not be in charge of any decisions regarding player bans yet they do.. And your comments are proving me right so keep them coming.. flame me more plz =)