The New Ranked System Needs Reworked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

deathbypoultry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2013

When the new system was introduced I was pretty excited about it and felt it was a good idea. But now after a bit of time has past I came to the conclusion that it needs some work.

1. Placement Games
For those that didn't play ranked during the preseason have to do 10 games for placement. That itself isn't a problem. The issue that I have with this is if you're lucky you can end up in Silver I or Silver II. For someone like me who played in the preseason and did fairly well and was only placed in Silver III, I find this to be extremely unfair. These placement games make it very easy for unskilled players to get into a place they may or may not deserve. The worst example of this is a person in Silver I had 11 loses and only 4 wins. In no way should a person with only 4 wins make it to Silver I.

2. League Points
As of now on average 2 wins equals 1 lose. What I mean by this is on average the points you get for winning a game is about half of what you get for a match lost. As this is now it is way to hard to advance up in ranking but its way to easy to fall. Starting from 0 LP it takes about 8 wins in a row to get 100. But after that you have to play a series of 3 to move up a division. With more unskilled players getting into Silver and players leaving/afking/refusing to play out games its a lot easier to lose games making it even more difficult to advance. On top of all that if you reach 0 LP and lose your next game you drop a division and are put at 50 LP. Like most people I feel that is a big punishment on players. Losing 20 some to 30 some points every lose is enough, but to lose 50 points seems uncalled for.

After all of this, I realize the only thing the new system has over the old system is you can't drop tiers. I like this and I'm glad its in the system but ultimately I don't feel it makes up for the increased difficulty in moving up the ranks.

pyramin

02-10-2013

The worst part of not being able to drop tiers is that the people who get placed in Silver II after getting carried for several games provisionally can't drop tiers, even when they are god-awful.

deathbypoultry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2013

That is true, because of this the placement games in my opinion should cap out at Bronze I or maybe Silver V if you went 10-0