State of Thresh so far..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IceSick

01-24-2013

Hey guys. I just want your opinions on him. I havent bought him yet but all 6 games hes been on my team we have won. Im not calling him op mind you just saying whats his deal? People dont know how to counter him? Myabe he just lucky? Thoughts?

Shirai

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceSick View Post
Hey guys. I just want your opinions on him. I havent bought him yet but all 6 games hes been on my team we have won. Im not calling him op mind you just saying whats his deal? People dont know how to counter him? Myabe he just lucky? Thoughts?
Support thresh is an amazing thing, he gets ungodly tanky with lots of utility and early game harass, he will likely get touched a bit, his free armor lets him tank the world without tank items, he's a great character and i really like him, just he's forever stuck as a support, riot made sure he cannot do anything else but support.

Also, if you stick around jungle creeps you can get lots of extra souls while your teammates farm, i hear that jungle creeps drop souls with a very high rate.

He's brand new, give him a week or two and he'll be less shiny and people will learn to deal with him better.

Yuan Shikai

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucahsama View Post
Support thresh is an amazing thing, he gets ungodly tanky with lots of utility and early game harass, he will likely get touched a bit, his free armor lets him tank the world without tank items, he's a great character and i really like him, just he's forever stuck as a support, riot made sure he cannot do anything else but support.
He does NOT get ungodly tanky, with how devalued armor and generally defensive stats ins eason 3 he really does not get as tanky as people would assume a support with free infinite armor scaling does.

And he was designed to be nothing but support, his kit is far too good to make him viable elsewhere.

Shirai

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuan Shikai View Post
He does NOT get ungodly tanky, with how devalued armor and generally defensive stats ins eason 3 he really does not get as tanky as people would assume a support with free infinite armor scaling does.

And he was designed to be nothing but support, his kit is far too good to make him viable elsewhere.
For someone who can build no armor and can get over 100+ armor for free, yes, he gets ungodly tanky for what he builds. Midgame he can be harder to kill than leona.

Vepenar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuan Shikai View Post

even during the laning phase being able to get 100+ armor, without items, makes your pretty tanky.

BigDumbSmartGuy

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vepenar View Post
even during the laning phase being able to get 100+ armor, without items, makes your pretty tanky.
You act like he has no opposition in lane. Enemy players can see the souls too AFAIK, and they'll plan their attack to hit you hard when you go in for some extra armor.

Getting 100+ souls during lane phase is a ludicrously serendipitous occurrence.

Twilightmagus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blat View Post
You act like he has no opposition in lane. Enemy players can see the souls too AFAIK, and they'll plan their attack to hit you hard when you go in for some extra armor.

Getting 100+ souls during lane phase is a ludicrously serendipitous occurrence.
He can grab souls with his lantern making the whole zoning him thing invalid.

While not amazing he can do okay top lane with a standard tanky ad bruiser build due to that q passive and how much he can help a damage jungler coming in for a gank. Needs more testing done but i've been doing something like mallet, bt, bc or sunfire, then usually going tankier with atmogs or doing stupid damage with an IE and sword of the divine if i'm really freaking fed.

Destroyer50000

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucahsama View Post
For someone who can build no armor and can get over 100+ armor for free, yes, he gets ungodly tanky for what he builds. Midgame he can be harder to kill than leona.
That's only for very late-game will he get that much, which will need like 200 souls.

TheCeeJay

01-25-2013

On the League wiki it says that at 119 souls he has as much armor as Taric with maxed Shatter at level 18. That's all without items. And Taric usually builds pretty tanky. Not sure if its true because I haven't tested it, but that's what it says at least.

Eléanor

01-26-2013

Armor seals and tank masteries and bulwark I had 170 Armor with ~100 souls. This gave him 80 AP which, he isn't a caster so meh for his skills other than shield and ult.
This was after the laning phase was over but with him being so tanky and the mechanics on his Q he could out poke a Sona easily then kill her when he wanted with the carry. You're not just standing waiting to grab souls, you're supposed to be poking the enemy. You can easily grab them when you poke.

I could see him being a decent troll carry. Good auto attack range decent and plenty of slows. Only the active on his Q would make me reconsider it.

I don't know how much I'd like him as a main tank. He feels closer to a bruiser/off tank since his grab isn't easy to land. It should have a hard time landing seeing as you can shut someone down for over a second with it before using the rest of your kit.