LF new jungler. (Elise or kayle?)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS195480cc341bd7c7105ee

02-07-2013

Hey all, running a new 3s team with some friends. Main comp consists of Olaf/ Jayce/ Yorick subbing in Cho, Riven, Rumble when we have to.

With the recent changes to Olaf I feel he is a little lack luster, especially in the jungle, and think other champs might be better at ganking and map control. I was thinking of Elise or Kayle! Anyone have any views?

Few questions:

Jungle ability
Ganking ability
Level one fighting ability
Map control ability.

Other that crossed my mind was nidalee but I imagine she will have to be lanes.

Thanks guys.

Caecus Scius

02-07-2013

Kayle is basically the best jungle champ ATM, but has a high skill cap.

Great clear times, great ganks, strong from level 1, and super ultimate that helps the team.

IS195480cc341bd7c7105ee

02-07-2013

Cheers dude. Would you avoid level one fights as her though?

WillWW

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balky12 View Post
Cheers dude. Would you avoid level one fights as her though?
I would avoid level 1 fights with anyone.

As for thus high skill cap, what makes you say that caecus?

Yetti

02-07-2013

Kayle is my favorite jungler atm... for more information, check out my guide:

Kayle Jungle Guide

Other strong choices include Xin Zhao, Kha'Zix, and Vi.

IS195480cc341bd7c7105ee

02-07-2013

Been studying it all day, love her in 5s. Will report back later tonight dude! Cheers!

Demacry

02-07-2013

I'm also curious about this high skill cap of kayle's. Its pretty easy to see the difference between a good kayle and a bad one but she certainly isn't a syndra or orianna.

WillWW

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demacry View Post
I'm also curious about this high skill cap of kayle's. Its pretty easy to see the difference between a good kayle and a bad one but she certainly isn't a syndra or orianna.
Exactly. The only thing that maybe takes skill is her ult and the timing of it. Dont necessarily think that requires a high level of skill; just a moderate amount of competence.

Love The Penis

02-07-2013

Difference between a good kayle and a bad kayle is pretty noticeable. Its actually pretty hard to have an optimal ult, especially with teams that can both burst and execute well. You also need to know how to position, kite, and orbwalk to be a good kayle player, which takes some practice. Ever since yetti posted his guide I've seen an influx of kayles in 3s, but none of them have been too hard to deal with. That would probably change if queued against yetti though, since he seems to know what he's doing haha. Obviously there's much more to it than just those things, but they are a few important aspects.

Yetti

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillWW View Post
Exactly. The only thing that maybe takes skill is her ult and the timing of it. Dont necessarily think that requires a high level of skill; just a moderate amount of competence.
That, and positioning. Like a squishy AD Carry, she rely's heavily on good positioning. Although her ult and Wooglet's give her a bit of leeway if she gets caught in a bad spot. I always say Kayle doesn't have an insanely high skill cap, she just takes a lot of finesse to play properly.