How to control raging?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Radkl

01-24-2013

Hello Summoners,

I've only played League of Legends for about a year now and have put more than $800 dollars into the game. Highly addicting, cerebral, overall amazing game. However, I've got one major problem that I really need everyone's help to overcome, raging.

I'm sure everyone says this but I am in an ELO that I seem to not belong to, nor be able to get out of. I've played every position and even though I can carry and almost always have more than 2:1 KDR, it is impossible to win if the team you are facing can work off the kills from people who don't know better, i.e. feeders, trolls, unskilled, etc.

I'm all up for fun, but why do people play Ranked games if all you wanna do is have fun, troll, learn the game, etc. It doesn't make sense. This causes a deep, unfathomable rage within me. At first, I try to be helpful and the longer the game progresses, the more I realize they aren't taking my help... Then, the built up rage begins to get spew out.

I love this game, and eventhough the ranking system is deeply flawed, the competitiveness of the game and teamwork is great. Being temporarily banned is something that is quite possible for me, and I cannot accept that. That is why I must try my hardest to change, because I know the people around me won't change, unless I get boosted (which is against the summoners code and brings be back to the point of not wanting to get banned).

I want to get better, I want to play with better people, I'm tired of all the hurting and continued throwing of games because people just want to have fun... I want to get OUT OF ELO HELL and BECOME THE BEST I CAN BE.

Before being the best... I have to fix my attitude, and then perhaps figure out how to get out of this hell. Someone please help, what can I do? I must control the anger.

Uccisore

01-24-2013

I need work on this too, but a couple of thing to keep in mind that helps me is,

You never ever ever win an argument when you rage. Keep in mind that even if you say the most clever hateful thing ever to the worst player ever, they'll just say 'lol k' or 'stfu' or 'u mad' or 'oh yeah well you missed that skill shot that time'. I know when you yell at somebody there's this part of your brain that is picturing that you're gonna make them cry and feel ashamed of how they are screwing up the game for you. But you won't. You can't. And even if you do, they'd never admit it. Yelling at a feeder is like yelling at a dog, or a thundercloud.

When you rage, it's because you have a desire that you think typing nasty things will satisfy. Think back. How many times did it *actually* satisfy you?

Radkl

01-24-2013

Good point, thanks for your reply. I'll continue to work on this... Its really tough because I want to improve and do my best. I research the game, learn and attempt to carry but its all to no avail. I suppose Ill begin muting people that I want to rage at, and go from there.