[Champion Concept] Sergei, the bioengineer (ROUGH)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WonderPetz

01-24-2013

Initial Design (subject to change)- http://imgur.com/f1OL1cy

Energy AP caster Sergei. I just drew this concept of a champ, so I don't have much idea on his ratios yet. Abilities are as follows.

AA- melee

Q-Plasma Gaze- not a skill shot. leaning towards a magic reduction and a dot. Medium cool down

W-Jagged Harpoon- skill shot. Hitting champ: pulls target champ back a short distance and slowing. Hitting terrain: Sergei is dragged half of the distance between targeted terrain. Long cool down

E-Heat Seeking Missiles- not a skill shot. Sergei fires rockets to target minion or champion. short cool down

R-Tail Cannon- Sergei fires a powerful blast from his beasts tail. medium ranged, short cool down (for an ulti)

Passive- Mechanical Override- Stuns, slows, taunts, fears, silences have a 10% reduced effect

Please feel free to speak your mind.

Zarkof

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Q - meh. oddly enough, the skill you put the most effort into.

W - meh, Naut did it better.

E - meh. only does damage? meh.

R - see E

Passive - Irelia did it better.

You asked.

If you want to get better, play the game a lot more and then go read champcrafting guides. That will provide you with the necessary knowledge.

Things you're missing: Synergy, innovation, depth, anything interesting. Oh, and Bioengineering.

BlackJubilee

01-25-2013

^

But this is far too brief to comment on.
And his W seems like a copy of Naut's q and his E is similar to Heimer's rockets. They seem like total copies infact.

WonderPetz

01-25-2013

thats why i said rough and thats also why i **** balled those abilities in about 10 minutes. ROUGH. im thinking beast manipulator

KingBuddhist

01-25-2013

First of all, the concept art is amazing. Come up with a few more poses/skill art, and maybe a skin as well.

I wonder about his lore? I assume he is of Slavic-like heritage due to his name, but how did he find his T-Rex? Perhaps he was exploring the frigid wastelands of Freljord, and stumbled upon a terrible beast, frozen solid? He revived said dino, and subjected it to his wicked mechinations? Or maybe he is just a beast tamer? WHO KNOWS?

The ultimate sounds amazing. Tail lasers are always really cool, and this one looks to take the League by storm.

TL;DR:
10/10 idea, better than 90% of what these losers come up with.

Zarkof

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuddhist View Post
First of all, the concept art is amazing. Come up with a few more poses/skill art, and maybe a skin as well.

I wonder about his lore? I assume he is of Slavic-like heritage due to his name, but how did he find his T-Rex? Perhaps he was exploring the frigid wastelands of Freljord, and stumbled upon a terrible beast, frozen solid? He revived said dino, and subjected it to his wicked mechinations? Or maybe he is just a beast tamer? WHO KNOWS?

The ultimate sounds amazing. Tail lasers are always really cool, and this one looks to take the League by storm.

TL;DR:
10/10 idea, better than 90% of what these losers come up with.
His concept art looks extremely unprofessional and drawn by a child. I don't understand why you think it's amazing unless you don't understand what amazing art is.

Your unhelpful yes-man attitude is the worst thing that can happen to these forums. You reinforce a perspective instead of opening them up to the grand scheme of things. It is imperative that humans learn new things, and saying "cool" is not helpful at all in any way shape or form except to boost a non-existent ego. You are the scourge of this forum, worse than degrading trolls who never say anything positive; at least they make people think. Your opinion is just that: An OPINION. Speculating facts from your opinion is the stupidest thing anyone can ever do, ever, unless you're actually super-competent in whatever field your opinion matters to.

KingBuddhist

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarkof View Post
His concept art looks extremely unprofessional and drawn by a child. I don't understand why you think it's amazing unless you don't understand what amazing art is.

Your unhelpful yes-man attitude is the worst thing that can happen to these forums. You reinforce a perspective instead of opening them up to the grand scheme of things. It is imperative that humans learn new things, and saying "cool" is not helpful at all in any way shape or form except to boost a non-existent ego. You are the scourge of this forum, worse than degrading trolls who never say anything positive; at least they make people think. Your opinion is just that: An OPINION. Speculating facts from your opinion is the stupidest thing anyone can ever do, ever, unless you're actually super-competent in whatever field your opinion matters to.
Seems like you're a little mad that not everyone agrees with your dogmatic "IT SUCKS BECAUSE I SAY IT DOES AND I DON'T LIKE THE ART SO IF YOU LIKE IT YOU ARE WRONG" attitude, surprisingly. Fact is, Sergei the Bioengineer sounds more creative and looks like a much more interesting idea than almost every idea on this forum. Believe it or not, "Musashi the Master Swordsman" and it's billion samurai/ninja clones are all played out and generic as hell. Sorry that a Russian Beast-Tamer is about ten trillion times better than that.

GJ OP keep drawing and get back to this thread.

ObeseWizard

01-25-2013

I WOULD BUY THIS CHAMP DAY ONE FOR ANY PRICE OF RP. Zarkof must have no formal education under his belt, because I myself having graduated from the Herron School of Art in Indianapolis, cannot stop gazing at its uniqueness! What Sergei brings to the League of Legends community is unprecedented, and impeccable. Wonderpetz keep adding on to this amazing champion, and he will be on the spotlight before you know it.

BlackJubilee

01-25-2013

I don't see the relation between bioengineer and beast master though, so the concept perplexes me.

KingBuddhist

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJubilee View Post
I don't see the relation between bioengineer and beast master though, so the concept perplexes me.
He says it's a work in progress, so I assume he is figuring out lore/champion title. He said in the second post he was thinking Beast Manipulator.