Tips for a bot lane player?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

smXho

01-25-2013

I play bot a lot, and i learn a lot from experience, here is my 2 cent.

1) Health pack control, it's ok to eat a health pack when you don't need it, especially the enemy bot pushes better then you. At least when it comes to trade, he won't get it as well as you.

2) Dont be too agressive if you are good at pushing and not dueling, push the wave and let the minion do your bidding, opposite applies if you are good at dueling and not pushing, pick up his head to buy you wave clearing time.

3) Utilise any advantage, enemy bot just died, and you are low health? Don't go cap their bot, clear another wave, then more wave if you can heal / life steal, otherwise recall ASAP before he gets back in lane. If your health is good, push the waves, and stack them.

4) Stack waves, easily done by killing the 2 mage, and lowering the big minion to lower health, very useful when enemy is dead or not a fast clearer.

5) If you can't escape, run early from a gank. Learn to spot ganks, hang near top of the lane is a good idea, unless you know their ganker is someone who can jump over those walls and instant snipe you. Spot a gank, run back, waste the ganker's time. Time is money in Dominion, you might loose your tower, but if they wasted another minute at bot with a 2v1, then your top had another minute of advantage.

6) Juke while ganked, learn to juke between the bottom bush if you are caught in a bad place, or around your tower if you are getting ganked there. The bush trick however is not the best against Teemo...

7) Ask to switch bot if you get counter picked, if your Top refuse, play safe. I had games where I get countered bad, end up sitting near my tower, clearing every single minion that come (good clearer, bad dueler, against late game Xin). I held my own for most of the game, never lost my bot.

8) Know that it's not always your fault, if your Top is doing bad, there is nothing you can do if they don't want to swap with you, or cannot because they will loose bot that way.

9) Revive and Revive timer, know Revive is useful, don't waste it. If in a duel, both of you died, don't revive if the minion are at middle of the lanes fighting out evenly. I never revive unless i risk loosing my tower if i don't, that helps my timer up. Also if you can count enemy bot's revive timer, you can respond much better to situations.

10) Know the enemy, when i started LOL, i have no idea which champion can do what. For example, WTF is this morde, he ult me and suddenly his does not die? Now I know that who can kill him and who can't so i won't go into an easy trade with him ending up blowing myself up.

FOODFOOD

01-25-2013

Know your enemy. That's the best advice anyone can give. Know their cooldowns, know their damage output, know the combos they can make, know their pushing power, know everything about them. You can even beat someone that counters you if you know them and they don't know you.

A single hat

01-25-2013

Trick to botlane is to not have Kassadin or Khazix on the enemy team.

Eyemite

01-25-2013

Yeah bot wins alot of games actually. If your doing well bot and still lose it's generally because your team isn't supporting you well enough when you are getting ganked or they are not taking advantage of you doing well bot if they are having a tough time top.

xPainx

01-26-2013

I have a very high success rate at bot lane. This might depend on what your playing , but generally the key to being a good bot is recognizing whether you can be aggressive and push the lane safely or whether its better to just stalemate the lane until you get a gank from a teammate to cap the enemy point. Capping the enemy point is great and is obviously good to do so when you have a safe opportunity but sometimes it can backfire and you can lose both bottom points. This is why its important to play a champ that is a strong defender and makes those 1 v 2s (or more) worth it, atleast in my opinion. I've been playing zyra for the past 2-3weeks now and i've learned that shes great for both bot and top.