The New Rank System

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sachin Tendulkar

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iL4w View Post
With the new one, you basically have to beat 20 people or more in your grouping, just to have a chance to climb to a new tier. Once you are up for promotion you have to play the best of 5 matches.

Basically approx 30 games. You are working 3x harder just to climb. Ridiculous.
No.
The amount of LP you gain per win has nothing to do with the number of people above you in the league. I was at 0 LP (~rank 18) and then after a couple of wins I had 60 LP and was placed at 4th in my league.

So, basically its easier. Although the amount of LP per win is higher in PBE yet, I don't see how it can drastically increase.

ModeOmega

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iL4w View Post

Basically approx 30 games. You are working 3x harder just to climb. Ridiculous.
After some appropriate testing on another account I can safely say that the new ranked system doesn't slow down/hinder your progress towards your goal any more or less than the old system.

Your division will almost always be corresponding to your hidden MMR.

Achinian

01-28-2013

I don't know what you guys are talking about but I played 3 games and was already up for a promotion, then after being promoted I immediately skipped a division and after winning two games was up for a promotion again. Although I also had a 12 game winning streak don't know if that had anything to do with it. But I honestly like this system a lot more.

Nibeq

05-27-2013

I just play and that's all

DandeIion

05-27-2013

well. In new system you cant just climb, you have to good at play dice to, loll