It is impossible to jungle for new players.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

countr

01-24-2013

So i recently went back to an old smurf account to get my friends into the game and i was going to jungle. I had a top and mid leash and almost died and still had to use smite. I then died to wolfs. After i got back i had to alternate between wolfs and wraiths but i had to burn so many potions because they were too hard. Before i started to carry i was 4 levels behind the best player. If i used Warwick i guess i would have no problem but there are many more junglers. FYI i was using shyvana. In their effort to buff the creeps they are too hard. Since i have no runes and the only mysteries is improved smite it makes level 1 really hard. In their effort to buff the jungle it is IMPOSSIBLE for new players to learn. If you could add scaling health for lower levels maybe 1-10 then people might actually try it. Anyone else notice this/care?

asmit10z

01-24-2013

Low levels shouldn't be jungling. It isn't impossible, but VERY VERY hard to jungle without runes / masterys.

countr

01-24-2013

It is impossible and i think they should. To be fair it might seem like i am trying to just support the current meta but having the opportunity would be awesome. Not saying 2 lane top 2 lane bot and 1 mid isn't bad but without the opportunity to try when people get to level 20 they won't know/want to jungle. They will just autolock their lanes and complain.

asmit10z

01-24-2013

I think you can start jungling at about level 10. By then, you should be ok. Gonna go into a bot game without runes / masterys and try jungling. Give me 30 mins or so to reply with how I did.

countr

01-24-2013

Alright. since i mostly use fast clear junglers like shyvana, nocturne and dr. mundo i should have no problem. It just proves how much runes and masteries matter at the beginning of the game.

xSeCKSx

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by countr View Post
It is impossible and i think they should. To be fair it might seem like i am trying to just support the current meta but having the opportunity would be awesome. Not saying 2 lane top 2 lane bot and 1 mid isn't bad but without the opportunity to try when people get to level 20 they won't know/want to jungle. They will just autolock their lanes and complain.
It's not impossible at lower levels, but very impractical. The other thing is in the lower levels, most players have so much to learn, leaving someone solo top versus a duo top is usually just gonna lose the lane.

At the lower levels, Bots can outplay a majority of that player base.

asmit10z

01-24-2013

I did fine. I used skarner and only had 1 leash. I did die at golems though.

Phoenix0Wright

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmit10z View Post
Since when is dying to golems the definition of doing fine?

OneDeadPixel

01-24-2013

Quote:
should have went for wolves after they respawned and left golems alone

Drakojan

01-24-2013

Quote:
People usually don't even go for golems on first clear at higher levels AFAIK. It's usually wolves blue wraiths wolves (sometimes skip and go straight to red) red gank.