Lux vs.Syndra

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SUPERSEYMOUR

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jflash94 View Post
I feel syndra would be jealous only because Lux was not only allowed, but encouraged to let her power flourish and grow into more, while Syndra didn't get her full power until around the time she joined the leauge. Also syndra would probably have a thing for Xerath only because of his raw power, and almost unrivaled energy.
this is prob the most likely situation

Darvulias

01-31-2013

in syndra creative design ama, it said that syndra hates lux for stealing other people's magic!
and her power is strong enough to break off relationship with summoners if she wants to.
but she doesn't come across as someone who would fight other mages..
she's all about freely studying magic ! sympathizing someone like xerath and being curious of powers he acquired, and wanting to see how powerful Annie will become once she grows up...etc(From ama Thread)

syndra was locked up because of how much power she has and literally left ionia with her floating castle lol

lux is very talented mage who began training early and can reverse engineer spells and control light..

i think syndra will win based on lore...i mean based on lore syndra is like on the same level with xerath..

Criomhthann

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgly View Post
One was encouraged to hone her talents.
This word. Define it.

Synonysis

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criomhthann View Post
This word. Define it.
en·cour·age
/enˈkərij/

Verb

1. Give support, confidence, or hope to (someone): "encouraging results"; "I feel encouraged".
2. Give support and advice to (someone) to do or continue something: "pupils are encouraged to be creative".

Synonyms
embolden - hearten - support - promote - stimulate

Xulsigae

01-31-2013

Well perhaps if Syndra hadn't been so reckless, she might of had her chance at learning control and ultimately be more powerful. I have no sympathy for her.

Helmight

02-01-2013

I honestly feel like if Syndra were to learn about Lux's past - that she was forced into military service by her parents and her government - that she would not only empathize with the girl, but would also encourage her to break free of Demacia and live her own life. I don't know that Syndra would invite Lux to stay with her, but at the very least she would certainly feel a kinship with her. Lux is what Syndra would have become if she hadn't have killed the old man.

Xulsigae

02-01-2013

I disagree. To me, Syndra was being taught control, not quite the same as being controlled to the same extent as Lux.

Eredaar

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darvulias View Post
..i mean based on lore syndra is like on the same level with xerath..
wrong, xerath is pure magic, she is on the same level as him while restrained by his coffin thingy

Criomhthann

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonysis View Post
en·cour·age
/enˈkərij/

Verb

1. Give support, confidence, or hope to (someone): "encouraging results"; "I feel encouraged".
2. Give support and advice to (someone) to do or continue something: "pupils are encouraged to be creative".

Synonyms
embolden - hearten - support - promote - stimulate
Notice how all of these are positives? "Encouraged" in this sense is the wrong term to use to describe what happened to Lux. The her power is not sealed, one does not need magic to chain someone.