This Community

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brishre

01-24-2013

I am sure many players will understand what I mean by saying, "The League of Legends Community." Let me get some background to my story. I have been banned three times. The first time I deserved the ban because of my obnoxious behavior. The other 2 times, I made multiple appeals because I got banned due to ranked duos and teams all ganging up on me. Every case, two or more players were bashing hard on me, and I responded as any other player would with foul language. Next thing you know, e-mail in inbox "Disciplinary Action." Now I feel as if I am on my last chance, and now more than ever has the community really flared out to me. Every other match or so, ranked and/or normal, there is a player who disregards the Summoner's Code in multiple ways. For example, during champion select I was the first to pick and call for mid lane. Then, one player says no, Player X (whose name I don't remember and if I did I wouldn't post) has mid, and that player just instant locks. For the remainder of the game, those two continue to verbally abuse me and just kill my mood. Afterwards, they go on All-Chat and announce "gg report fiddlesticks ******** troll." Obviously I reported them afterwards. This community is the worst I have encountered in any online game. I have seen a post about having a vote to kick system in champion select, and I am in 100% agreement with this. I also believe there should be an implementation of an Appeal System, so people who have been wrongfully punished, such as myself and many others, have a chance to give their side of the story for a second set of review. In addition, I believe the guidelines for Verbal Abuse should be revisited and revised, because many players I talk to in this game reveal that they are all in fear of talking in game chat because of how easy it is to report - and ban - any player of this game. Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I hope I have enlightened you about the issue at hand.

Filthy Meadows

01-24-2013

agreed 100%

KiwiStardom

01-24-2013

100% agree. Riot is a company of thieves... Whether they realize it or not

Zezune

01-24-2013

Just go play dota 2 or something else. The only way riot will take this seriously is if they start losing money and players (Becoming the "big company in it for the money" that they claim they don't want to be).

There are plenty of tried and true systems...instead they want to let some guy experiment on a live population.....

Interceptor09

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brishre View Post
..I responded as any other player would with foul language.. ..people who have been wrongfully punished, such as myself..
well theres your problem right there. any other player wouldnt necessarily rspond with foul language, insults, or anything similar. for example, I would not.

you mentioned the first time you were banned you felt you deserved it. this suggests to me that you are a volatile player, and are capable of feeling justified in behaving poorly.
that is a very clear sign that you are one of the 'toxic' members of this community, wether you realize it or not. and the fact that you feel its ok to behave poorly if others provoke you, well thats a trait of a 'toxic' player.

my suggestion to you is grow up. stop letting anonymous people in a video game push you to that point. even if they were baiting you, that is still no excuse. its a game, and there are rules to the game. be intelligent enough to obey them, or suffer the consequences. you'd think after 3 bans you would be capable of some self reflection. but just as with nearly every toxic player I encounter, of course its someone elses fault.

we all have to deal with the trolls and the aggravating teammates and the jerks. but when you react in such a manner that you get banned? well then youre just part of the problem. dont get sucked into it. rise above, and stop sinking down to their level. thats what adults do.

n00bsause

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

first off the verbal abuse could easily be solved by ignoring those players.. just like your first ban should have never happened. Its time for the community to stop crying and wasting time over getting called bad in chat and put players on ignore. The way things are set up now its easier for players like the one above to call you names and say its your fault.. when clearly the prob woulda been soved with one click of a chat bubble

Tylium

01-26-2013

Grow a pair... It's just a game...

zZzpingzZz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostbar View Post
rise above, and stop sinking down to their level. thats what adults do.
Agreed!

meadow

01-27-2013

You know, the flaw of the votekick system is that it would likely require multiple votes.

If you solo queue in and if you claim that "duo q premade" is ruining your games... They will most likely ABUSE the votekick system, kicking you immediately out and penalizing you for the full 30 minutes of queue cooldown for the matchmaking system.

There should be a better solution, but so far I've not seen alot of good suggestions yet.

LPsoldierr

Recruiter

01-27-2013

I completely agree. League of Legends has one of the worst communities of players that I have ever seen in an online game.