Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I've had it.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zion l

01-24-2013

[JOKE]I would like for Riot to appoint me Banner of PBE Trolls. I insist that the leaders at Riot bestow upon me the power of the Ban Hammer for with it I will bring peace and justice to all of the PBE. I do not even require compensation, I will rid the PBE of toxic players FREE OF CHARGE.[/JOKE] Many many times I have witnessed glorious wars fought on the Fields of Justice. However, I have seen equally unjust and horrifically unbalanced/one-sided wars as well. Now I know within the depths of my heart and soul that there are players of the PBE who mean well, and thus feel that they deserve better than what they currently have! I say do away with Leavers! AFK'ers and Feeders! QQ'ers and overall GAME RUINERS!

I have a dream that one day on the green Fields of Justice, the lovers of top lane and the lovers of bot lane, and even the lovers of mid lane will be able to test bugs together on an equal playing field! Now is the time to make real the promises of equality.
Now is the time to rise from the dark and desolate valley of trolls to the sunlit path of PBE justice.
Now is the time to open the doors of opportunity to all of Riot's customers. Now is the time to lift our community from the quicksands of 5v5 injustice to the solid rock of mutual love for LoL!

Then and only then will we be free at last.

Thanks for reading.

INightmareI

01-24-2013

You're a bit too radical.

Wait, no. You're tottaly right. This community is full with toxic players that seriously need to be banned.
But obviously no GM would give you such a powerful weapon as the "BAN Hammer".
But i can't deny it would be interesting to be able to ban toxic players for a whole day...

Zion l

01-24-2013

Quote:
INightmareI:
You're a bit too radical.

Wait, no. You're tottaly right. This community is full with toxic players that seriously need to be banned.
But obviously no GM would give you such a powerful weapon as the "BAN Hammer".
But i can't deny it would be interesting to be able to ban toxic players for a whole day...

Forgive me, my good man, for that part of my post was merely a jest. However, I believe that action should be taken to alter the current situation of the PBE and this, to me, requires radical behavior. The rate at which I am gaining stress wrinkles is far too great because of the ignorance of many PBE players who act out due to the seemingly accurate assumption that they will face no consequences. I fear that if something is not done about this soon, I will become something I never wanted to be.

namora

01-24-2013

Amen brethren. I submit that all you have said I would agree to, except the appointment of the Hammer of Banning and the resulting freedom that you believe would ensue. I would not trust such a great weapon to any one soul, as you might request, and would further state that it belongs where it is, amongst the wise and powerful Riot.

United they stand and yet separately they think, so that their actions are watched by all both inside and outside, creating a system that holds the tongue, sword, hand, or in this case, the hammer.

I mention before that I agree to that which you say and I too see a foretelling of beauty, albeit amongst the lanes of the Twisted Treeline that I dream of before it became so dark and haunt. However, all would not be fair for peace were one to rule all with the might of hammer and others may agree, many for differing reasons. Most strongly however do I hope for the response from Riot, that they might be more vigilant and less cautious with the Hammer upon which Bans are laid of late.

Until then I respect that the choice to be merciful and sparing with the Ban Hammer. I see in it that there is some wisdom and find that there may be much to anticipate from Riot.

Upon thee response I wait.

Thanks for examining this wall of text. Riddles are hidden beneath.

Edit 1: It appears my berating took far too long. Perhaps next time it may be more timely... and shorter?

namora

01-24-2013

Quote:
Murk3d09:
Forgive me, my good man, for that part of my post was merely a jest. However, I believe that action should be taken to alter the current situation of the PBE and this, to me, requires radical behavior. The rate at which I am gaining stress wrinkles is far too great because of the ignorance of many PBE players who act out due to the seemingly accurate assumption that they will face no consequences. I fear that if something is not done about this soon, I will become something I never wanted to be.

I take both heart and sorrow at these words. For there are those who still see the light of day, and yet fear the shadow as it corrupts. Be strong, let not the darkness surround you and sour your mind, but be free and guarded against the evils spoken by others.

Numot

01-24-2013

Simple fix for PBE. Delete all PBE accounts. Wipe it clean. Reopen sign ups. Have peoples PBE account and LoL account be one and the same. Ban the trolls from both in one go. Make life easier for good people. Make it so you can't join PBE if you have been punished in the past 6 months. PBE is fixed.

Kraox

01-24-2013

Guys, the fact of the matter is that this is the PBE. It's a testing platform. There's no reason to take any games here seriously what so ever. There are AFKers, there are trolls, there are annoying/dickish people.

If you really want to improve your experience on PBE, manage your friends list very carefully. I have 20-30 people I've met over time and formed quite the tight knit group. It's a social game. If you want to have a truly good game experience on the PBE, play custom games with a premade of 1-4 friends. Trolls won't affect you as much. Having 2 reliable and skilled players on your team is often enough to overcome any amount of trolls.

Of course everyone says "ban all the trolls get rid of the afkers yadda yadda" but you can't tell someone is a toxic player based on your experiences from a single game. People have bad days, people deal with trolls JUST LIKE YOU DO and they take it out on others sometimes. **** happens, people have to AFK. The PBE client is very unstable, and sometimes you just straight up cannot connect to games or can't get a stable enough connection to play. I'm on a $2500 gaming rig with highspeed internet and I get bugsplats and chain crashes and mass disconnects and connection issues from time to time. Players with more average gaming equipment have it much worse.

TL;DR: The PBE isn't perfect and it never will be. Players can't always control if they "afk" or "leave" games because bugs can cause client issues where you just can't get into game. Find a group of people you enjoy playing with, and stick with it. Premades will reduce your frustration with the game at least 9000% guaranteed.

Zion l

01-24-2013

Quote:
namora:
Amen brethren. I submit that all you have said I would agree to, except the appointment of the Hammer of Banning and the resulting freedom that you believe would ensue. I would not trust such a great weapon to any one soul, as you might request, and would further state that it belongs where it is, amongst the wise and powerful Riot.

United they stand and yet separately they think, so that their actions are watched by all both inside and outside, creating a system that holds the tongue, sword, hand, or in this case, the hammer.

I mention before that I agree to that which you say and I too see a foretelling of beauty, albeit amongst the lanes of the Twisted Treeline that I dream of before it became so dark and haunt. However, all would not be fair for peace were one to rule all with the might of hammer and others may agree, many for differing reasons. Most strongly however do I hope for the response from Riot, that they might be more vigilant and less cautious with the Hammer upon which Bans are laid of late.

Until then I respect that the choice to be merciful and sparing with the Ban Hammer. I see in it that there is some wisdom and find that there may be much to anticipate from Riot.

Upon thee response I wait.

Thanks for examining this wall of text. Riddles are hidden beneath.

Edit 1: It appears my berating took far too long. Perhaps next time it may be more timely... and shorter?

My deepest apologies. Twas merely banter, the suggestion of bestowing upon me the almighty Ban Hammer. I was only implying that the great and powerful Riot's decisions to withhold warranted bans doth seem verily mistaken, what with so many trolls running rampant through the Fields of Justice. It is not my wish to possess the almighty Ban Hammer, only that the current owners use it for the sole purpose which it was created; Banning. Weary from defeats, I am angered that trolls are allowed to so freely venture within the walls of this great game, and therefore feel it quite necessary to voice my grievances. I too have forebodings of a brighter future, one free of virulent beings, and filled only with warn-natured, good-hearted fellows, and in this brighter future, we shall forge a brotherhood with a bond the strength of which has never been experienced before.

Until next time, my good man.

Quote:
namora:
I take both heart and sorrow at these words. For there are those who still see the light of day, and yet fear the shadow as it corrupts. Be strong, let not the darkness surround you and sour your mind, but be free and guarded against the evils spoken by others.

I must say, attempts have been made to ward off these feelings of doubt and hopelessness, but to no avail, unfortunately. I have since grown increasingly irked by the mere existence of these nescient scoundrels, and the cause is that which we have so elaborately discussed, the lack of use of the almighty Ban Hammer. Tis not the PBE as sacred a place as the Live server? Tis not the opinion and feelings of a PBE player as important as that of a Live player? Tis not our currency worth the same as that of a Live player? Granted we do not spend our money on the PBE, however most of the PBE players possess and maintain main accounts on the Live server. Alas, I would be overcome with joy by even the smallest indication of action being taken to rid the Fields of Justice of it's unwanted guests. Despite my frustration, I am faithful to this game in a way that can only be described as "Unending", and since I possess such faith, I will remain steadfast in my loyalty, and eagerly await the day when the Fields are once again a beautiful and peaceful place.

Zion l

01-24-2013

Quote:
Kraox:
Guys, the fact of the matter is that this is the PBE. It's a testing platform. There's no reason to take any games here seriously what so ever. There are AFKers, there are trolls, there are annoying/dickish people.

If you really want to improve your experience on PBE, manage your friends list very carefully. I have 20-30 people I've met over time and formed quite the tight knit group. It's a social game. If you want to have a truly good game experience on the PBE, play custom games with a premade of 1-4 friends. Trolls won't affect you as much. Having 2 reliable and skilled players on your team is often enough to overcome any amount of trolls.

Of course everyone says "ban all the trolls get rid of the afkers yadda yadda" but you can't tell someone is a toxic player based on your experiences from a single game. People have bad days, people deal with trolls JUST LIKE YOU DO and they take it out on others sometimes. **** happens, people have to AFK. The PBE client is very unstable, and sometimes you just straight up cannot connect to games or can't get a stable enough connection to play. I'm on a $2500 gaming rig with highspeed internet and I get bugsplats and chain crashes and mass disconnects and connection issues from time to time. Players with more average gaming equipment have it much worse.

TL;DR: The PBE isn't perfect and it never will be. Players can't always control if they "afk" or "leave" games because bugs can cause client issues where you just can't get into game. Find a group of people you enjoy playing with, and stick with it. Premades will reduce your frustration with the game at least 9000% guaranteed.

I do not know how I may show my gratitude to you for this helpful and greatly informational comment. I do believe that I will heed your advice, and find comrades with which to indulge in the magnificence that is League of Legends. Thank you, kind sir.

KryptoH

01-24-2013

Quote:
Murk3d09:
I would like for Riot to appoint me Banner of PBE Trolls. I insist that the leaders at Riot bestow upon me the power of the Ban Hammer for with it I will bring peace and justice to all of the PBE. I do not even require compensation, I will rid the PBE of toxic players FREE OF CHARGE. Many many times I have witnessed glorious wars fought on the Fields of Justice. However, I have seen equally unjust and horrifically unbalanced/one-sided wars as well. Now I know within the depths of my heart and soul that there are players of the PBE who mean well, and thus feel that they deserve better than what they currently have! I say do away with Leavers! AFK'ers and Feeders! QQ'ers and overall GAME RUINERS!

I have a dream that one day on the green Fields of Justice, the lovers of top lane and the lovers of bot lane, and even the lovers of mid lane will be able to test bugs together on an equal playing field! Now is the time to make real the promises of equality.
Now is the time to rise from the dark and desolate valley of trolls to the sunlit path of PBE justice.
Now is the time to open the doors of opportunity to all of Riot's customers. Now is the time to lift our community from the quicksands of 5v5 injustice to the solid rock of mutual love for LoL!

Then and only then will we be free at last.

Thanks for reading.

That would be nice but there's a big responsibility to being able to ban people, a specific amount of people, or people with well earned right should be able to do this, but it's pretty hard to make it viable since a lot of people troll and rage, anyone can show a good "I am a perfectly nice tester I come here to help" act, it's all about stats.
Luckily they have banned quite a load of toxic players today

Wilwariniel, and PhageQuit have responded to some complains, that goes out to show even though they got banned and everything, Riot's employees actually do care, if they wanted to they could of just ignored them, but they always give as much feedback and response as possible, so we should keep calm, and give feedback as well, not just about the platform, client, and the game, the "community" also has some bugs that need fixing.