Possible Plot Twist!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadow Light M37

06-24-2013

Aatrox's blade is actually Aatrox himself.

Because he is the Darkin Blade.

Not the Darkin Swordsman, or the Darkin Duelist.

Just the Darkin Blade.

PinkSexyLolipop

07-04-2013

i agree.sona is a possible darkin aswell as jax or darius,tryndamere,syndra,mabye heceram,or thresh.
these are just speculations im throwing out there critisise them please.

(name any possible darkin and name what they are on the character,example;aatrox, living sword.)

Morec0

07-04-2013

I'm kinda convinced by this arguement that Varus' bow is a Darkin, and Varus is the host along the same lines as whoever Aatrox's body is.

Sona is an INTERESTING choice, but I'm not sure about it. I liken the Darkin to the Horsemen of Revelations, and Sona doesn't seem to have anything matching up with them (whereas I see Varus' Darkin in some form of conquest, in vein with the depiction of the Biblic character weilding a bow. I made a post to explain the reasoning).

Jax is a fan-favorite, but I don't think so. I don't see anything to suggest he is other than the Darkin in the background, but that would mean a Darkin ACTUALLY took the form of a lamppost which he then took up... Yeah, sounds dumb (at least to me).

The same goes for Darius, I just don't see his weapon the way I see Darkin weapons (living, that is). Moreso, I think that they are like Tryndamere (who I also think isn't a Darkin, just the creation of one as it is said he is) and they have been influenced by Aatrox/the Darkin, but are not a part of their group.

Syndra... I don't see this at all. Again, Darkin, living weapons, she doesn't use one.

Hecarim and Thresh... Again; no. They're just creatures of the Shadows Isles, completely different group.

Blitztrooper

07-04-2013

So basically the sword is like the Ring from Lords of the Ring?

Morec0

07-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitztrooper View Post
So basically the sword is like the Ring from Lords of the Ring?
Not as I see it. Think of it as not driven by a desire to be joined, but by an ACTUAL conciousness to join with someone. Next time you play Aatrox, picture the voice you're hearing from him NOT as coming from the mind of the body, but from the BLADE ITSELF (half of the quotes, to me, sound like they're meant to be direct at someone on the battlefield (i.e., the host body) not the Summoner).

THAT is how I see Aatrox and the rest of the Darkin. Who knows if it's right or not, though.

slash The Reaper

07-06-2013

If Aatrox is the blade itself doesn't that mean Etwahl, Sona's harp, could possibly be a darkin as well?
1. similarly to Aatrox's shadowed past Etwahl's is also vague.If you read sona''s lore you will see that she was discovered on top of an "exquisite case of unknown origins" this case housed the harp known as Etowahl.
2. Etwahl shows consciousness in the first paragraph of Sona's lore stating "Sona's caretakers sold Etwahl multiple times to build a trust for her. However everytime they sold it etwahl would mysteriously be returned or simply appear outside of the house again."

Morec0

07-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by slash The Reaper View Post
If Aatrox is the blade itself doesn't that mean Etwahl, Sona's harp, could possibly be a darkin as well?
1. similarly to Aatrox's shadowed past Etwahl's is also vague.If you read sona''s lore you will see that she was discovered on top of an "exquisite case of unknown origins" this case housed the harp known as Etowahl.
2. Etwahl shows consciousness in the first paragraph of Sona's lore stating "Sona's caretakers sold Etwahl multiple times to build a trust for her. However everytime they sold it etwahl would mysteriously be returned or simply appear outside of the house again."
That's another of the popular theories rolling around, and it would be a simple fit to make it the Darkin support of the five (let's face it, there's going to be an entire team comp for them). Of course, I subscribe to the idea that the Darkin are representations of the Horsemen of the Apocolypse, and I don't see how the Etowahl fits in with any of them (even the "fifth": Pestilence).