Karma and her Splash

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadowed Ruby

01-24-2013

Karma's classic Splash is in no way representative of how her actual model looks. She looks dull, grey, boring. Like a totally bare house. While in game, her model has colour and pattern that work well together and really give the feel of her inner flame.

I think a lot of why people refuse to even try Karma (Besides people say ''NAHP, DUN DO IT'') is because she looks --boring-- in her splash. There is no colour or anything representative of what Karma is. Peaceful and calm, even, is not the same to boring and dull.

TL;DR, I believe Karma would benefit from a less dull splash art.

Prince Kassad

01-25-2013

I agree. Also, the skin in her splash art looks really pale and sallow... I think her in-game model looks awesome and I wish it was better represented in her art. This applies to Sakura Karma and Sun Goddess Karma too.

Shadowed Ruby

01-26-2013

Bump for Karma justice.

Bioness

01-26-2013

I noticed this too, I love her but that splash art is terrible.

Shadowed Ruby

02-01-2013

Bump.

chumbler

02-02-2013

Her splash art and visual design aren't why people don't play Karma.

Shadowed Ruby

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbler View Post
Her splash art and visual design aren't why people don't play Karma.
If you intended to lavish us with your lack of comprehension, I must say, you've accomplished that quite nicely.

Lady Riolyne

02-03-2013

I know why people don't play karma. In the hands of someone who knows how to support, Karma can support the pants off anything and anyone. I play karma, I think she's great, I play her basic skin just because of the floaty necklace thing she's got. People dont play her because there are other champs who can do her job a better and have a more gradual learning curve.

One thing I've also noticed, is the lanemate with karma needs to know exactly what her strengths and weaknesses are. Not alot of people do because no one plays karma. or they've played with bad karmas.

Shadowed Ruby

02-03-2013

To someone who is looking at champions without any prior influence other than ''I want to play x because they look fun'', Karmas splash art will turn people off. It doesn't look fun. I'm not talking about someone saturated with the stupidness that is ''Karma who'' that people love to spout.

This is not a debate about why all people don't want to play Karma. Don't treat it as such.

Lady Riolyne

02-04-2013

The thing is, I'm not sure she can have a colorful splash art without changing her model. She is black and white mostly.

That being said, (I have no concept for when champs were released) I think her splash was done during the transition from the old splashes to the new ones. I think she's still a bit too new, and underused, for them to redo her splash at this point.

One of the things that's annoying me these days is this monkey see monkey do phenomena. If the Pros do it, we'll do it, in every game. As soon as some Pro does it and kick butt doing it, more people will play Karma.

I'm sorry that you got all offended that I was following the flow of the thread. There's not alot of people out there at level 10-20+ who isn't influenced in some way. I mean, your influenced as soon as you log in. There's a box where you can easily watch high ELO play. You're shown what champions they're playing. If you notice there's a lot of a few champs, then you're going to check them out. Each game you play you're influenced because of how the other team picks. Patch notes influence you. And clearly the forums do.

What I'm basically saying is splash is not the only reason, and the few without influence who you're trying to change the splash for are such a minority that Riot can't focus on.

However I do remember a post a few weeks ago of a Rioter saying they wanted to rework Karma's abilities. I remember them talking about how they were changing how she got her mantra's and a few of the skills. If they're doing this, then a model/splash art update has a higher chance of happening too.