<<<Champion Concept>>> - Vakk, Soul of the Blade

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cybroxis

01-24-2013

Abstract:

Vakk is designed fairly similarly to kha'zix in that he is the only other champion so far who makes permanent choices that effect his play style. The big difference between the two, though, is that while kha zix changes his skills, Vakk changes his whole appearance and play style according to the ultimate choice he chooses. Each ultimate will allow him to choose to augment himself and his appearance in one of 3 different ways - he may only choose one, unless he kills Mordekaiser, after which he will gain an additional purely aesthetic augment tree.

Lore:
Vakk comes from a land long lost and yet recently discovered, the same place from which Mordekaiser is said to have come as a harbinger of mankind's doom. It is said frequently by soldiers and bladesmen that swords can become an extensions of themselves, that each one is part of the swordsman, but this is a lie. No entity knows this better than Vakk, who himself was a sword forged and made in the land of Runeterra, but centuries ago was taken by the very monster he now swears to end. As Mordekaiser used him to wreak havoc in his strange world, a world where the souls of metal could rise from their bodies to affect their environment, so too did Vakk rise from his prison and make himself known.

In this shared time of blood and conquest, doing the work metal was meant to do, Vakk and Mordekaiser became comrades, never needing to share in the passion meant for more fleshy creatures, for cold steel needed not the embrace of weaker souls.However, upon nearly solidifying the rule of the being who gave him freedom, Vakk was cast aside for a new vessel, melted down and thrown into the flames, all the while Mordekaiser piercing him with his cold, lifeless eyes. For he was no longer needed - Mordekaiser had seen his strength and used him, and now that he was no longer needed, he became nothing but a threat. For the first time, Vakk knew rage, a passionate, steel-rending need for vengeance that neither he nor those he fought with had known before - but it was too late.

At the last moment, as the blasting currents of that river of lava were about to send him into the depths of the world, he did something else no being of metal in that world had ever done before - he changed form to match his new dynamic nature, becoming light and porous enough to be carried away on the most unlikely of winds to some distant place. When he finally landed, he was found by Master Yi, the Wuju Bladesman, who attempted to pick him up, but as he did so he was shocked to hear two syllables whispered in a scraping voice: "Veeeenge----anceeeeeee." Yi instantly recognized this as no normal sword, and although he could not train him as he did later his other pupil, Wukong, he trained him to better control his newfound ability until he learned peace, the only being of cold steel to act as one of blood. Yi even learned enough from the living sword to construct something similar for his future student wukong, though because it was made in this world, it would never attain conscioussness.

Though now filled with more than one emotion, Vakk still hungers to return to his home, for he swears to free the other Children, as he had been. But beyond that, he seeks vengeance.

"You know not of emotion, but I will be your teacher, Mordekaiser - your first and last lesson shall be fear.....'
-Vakk, Soul of the Blade

Stats:

420 (+45 per level) HP
0/100 Metal (+5.56 max metal per level)
40 (+5 per level) Armor
30 (+3 per level) MR
3.25 (+.05 per level) Health Regen
50 (+10 per level) AD
0 AP

Abilities:

Passive:
Real Steel
Vakk is actually a living sword of metal, and is unmatched by normal weapons. After hitting a champion, gains attack damage equal to 20% of theirs - bonus resets after he dies, whereupon he can hit reactivate it by hitting another champion.
Also, each time he attacks a champion, he gains Metal equal to 35% of the dmg dealt.
His attack damage also deals 5 extra damage for every 20 Metal he has (Metal diminishes at a rate of 5 per second)

Q:
Sword Lance
Cost: 0
Cooldown: 12/10/9/8/7
Vakk morphs his hand into a lance that pierces all units in front of him dealing (40/55/70/85/100 + .75 AD) and giving him 20 Metal, sticking for 1 second to the last champion hit. Activating this ability again transforms the tip into a lance that he uses to dash to and slide over his opponent, landing directly behind them and empowering his next attack to do 20% additional damage.

W:
Ingrain
Cost: 5 Metal per target hit
Cooldown: 8/7.5/6/5.5/5
Vakk fires a spray of metal shards at his enemies in a cone, dealing (60/75/90/105/120 + .50 AD) and marking enemies with the debuff "ingrained" for 5 seconds as well as giving vision of them in a very small radius of the enemy for just as long.

E:
Call of the Master
Cost: 10 metal
Cooldown: 4.5/4/3.5/3/2.5
All units affected by "Ingrain" have their movement speed reduced (by 15/20/25/30/35%), as the shards ingrained within them are called back to their master. Additionally, if within a medium range from Vakk, Vakk shoots out thin needles that impale enemies inflicted with "Ingrain," which then return to Vakk, dealing (40/45/50/55/60 +1.25 AD) and refreshing the duration of the "Ingrain" buff

R:
Soul of the Sword
Cost: 0
Cooldown: 90/60/45
Passive: When upgraded, Vakk will be given a 50% chance to attack 2 (rank 1), 3 (rank 2), or 4 (rank 3) times at 75% the usual dmg per strike - the basic attack animation, instead of showing one jab, will show 2, 3, or 4 (depending on the rank) in rapid succession each time it is successful . Also, he will gain the ability (the first rank) to choose between 3 different emotions, each of which will change his appearance and give him a different ultimate ability.

Active: Vakk gains unlimited metal for the duration (10/14/20 secs) and mirrors the emotion he chose, granting him an additional ability and stats in the place of the ultimate for the duration.

1. Anger: Vakk turns into a giant spinning gyro with razor sharp edges, gains 50 attack damage and has a 75% chance to attack 4 times, but has no critical strike chance. His health decreases 25% as he cares nothing for his own safety. His new ultimate during the duration is Pyre of Metal, causing him to wind up before spinning out of control, gaining 50 movespeed, and dealing (100/200/300 + .75 AD) damage per sec. The tradeoff to this is that this lasts for only 5 seconds, after which time, he will return to his normal state.

2. Determination: Vakk turns into a giant rolling metal dome, gains 20% increased health, loses 25% AD, but his attacks slow the target by 35%, stacking 2 times. His new ultimate ability is Vortex, causing the dome to ram into the ground, pushing the earth around him up and causing enemies surrounding him in a large radius to be knocked up for 1 sec and dealing (300/400/500 + .50 AD) damage. They then are slowed down greatly, pulled down by gravity towards him, now out of his dome, instead a collection of metal tentacle spikes (that can still move through the earth like a worm). This form lasts for 6 seconds as it is single target damage

3. Compassion: Vakk turns into a wheeled metal fountain with tendrils sticking up out of the center. He cannot attack, but every second, green light shoots out at all allies surrounding him, healing for (100/150/200 + 150% AP) to each ally. His ultimate turns into a toggle, allowing him to turn from healing his allies to shooting out jets of flame to surrounding enemies, dealing (100/150/200 + 150% AP) to each enemy.

*This is the most complex ability and I will need time to work on this. Give me suggestions for the 3 (POSSIBLY 4) different possible transformations.

- I want each of his evolutions to give a general change of "feel" to what kind of metal construction he is (hate, love, sorrow, etc.), but am not quite certain what I want their effects on his main abilities to be or which emotions to use as his ultimate ability choices. If you guys could give me some ideas with which to work, that'd be appreciated. After I get his concept down completely, I will repost this with a poll - thanks guys

EDIT: if you guys don't like the option of 3 different ultimates, I was thinking about another alternate, that when you activate your ultimate, your 3 normal abilities would be replaced with 3 emotions while your ultimate is replaced with a 4th emotion - like a kind of nidalee/jayce transformation, but on a higher cooldown and only after lvl 6. Would you like that better than a powerful one ultimate skill that has 3 options?

Cybroxis

01-24-2013

Bump, pls comment.

iam Versatility

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

I liked everything up until I read his ult, and then I got completely lost. I like the idea of metal as a resource and his kit seems balanced in the sense that it works well together, I suggest don't complicate his ult, because the whole champion will become boring in the sense that it be to complicated to even understand. Make it something simple and unique that fits into his current kit.

I suggest looking into champions with similar abilities that he has in his kit and adjusting his numbers, if your anything like me when I start making my champs I just throw rough numbers down for the time being then go back threw and look at champs ratios and stats on leaguecraft, and lolwiki. I can't exactly say where to put the values at on his abilities, just that with how much is going on in each ability the ratios seem like they will be high if they aren't low to start. Its better to make a champ underpowered with a useful kit than to make one op that already has an amazing kit.

Cybroxis

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam Versatility View Post
I liked everything up until I read his ult, and then I got completely lost. I like the idea of metal as a resource and his kit seems balanced in the sense that it works well together, I suggest don't complicate his ult, because the whole champion will become boring in the sense that it be to complicated to even understand. Make it something simple and unique that fits into his current kit.

I suggest looking into champions with similar abilities that he has in his kit and adjusting his numbers, if your anything like me when I start making my champs I just throw rough numbers down for the time being then go back threw and look at champs ratios and stats on leaguecraft, and lolwiki. I can't exactly say where to put the values at on his abilities, just that with how much is going on in each ability the ratios seem like they will be high if they aren't low to start. Its better to make a champ underpowered with a useful kit than to make one op that already has an amazing kit.
Well, I think for the ulti that making him have unlimited metal is a good idea to keep in, but I'm really not sure how I want it to work. If you have any ideas I'd love to hear them.

iam Versatility

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

I changed some values around on mine and tried to word things clearer

never really cared for grammar on unfinished posts but if u want to point out where its unclear or worded to difficultly i can try to simplify it and make it more straight forward

as for the ult how about when the ability is on cd or for a duration of say 15-30 sec you will have unlimited metal as a passive

then as the active make his ult create a whirlwind of metal shards Blinding them for 1 sec upon being hit

Cybroxis

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam Versatility View Post
I changed some values around on mine and tried to word things clearer

never really cared for grammar on unfinished posts but if u want to point out where its unclear or worded to difficultly i can try to simplify it and make it more straight forward

as for the ult how about when the ability is on cd or for a duration of say 15-30 sec you will have unlimited metal as a passive

then as the active make his ult create a whirlwind of metal shards Blinding them for 1 sec upon being hit
You know, I might end up doing something like that, but what do you think of the new ult direction I took it in?

Cybroxis

01-25-2013

Bump

Cybroxis

01-25-2013

I seriously do not understand why I have 1 dislike. I only have one commentator (who I had to request) and he gave me mostly positive feedback. If you dislike my idea, give me at least a reason, else you go back to lvl 5 normals for all i care. But it's just rude, so you shouldn't do it for that reason alone :/

Cybroxis

01-25-2013

Ok, I added an alternate idea for the ultimate. Please read and give feedback as to whether you would like it or not. Ty!

Also I will need some sort of art at some point, so whoever wants to do that, that'd be great :P

Cybroxis

01-25-2013

Anybody?! D: