Mikael, the Steam Punk

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RogueVector

01-24-2013

Bump for finishing my first draft of Mikael's lore, and adding some speech.

Monstarach

01-24-2013

At least wait til morning to bump buddy lol

RogueVector

01-24-2013

Ah, sorry ^^;; I just added something new so I figured that justified a bump.

RogueVector

01-25-2013

Think the numbers are okay? I'm trying to tune the. Also added a width for the hot-ult, his W and thinking of a range for his E

Xanae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

I really like it! Riot is trying to change up the gameplay and I think a champ like this is awesome!
The one thing I thought was a little silly was the 60% slow for 5 seconds. I know there are other op slows like Nasus's Wither and Zilean's Time Warp, but those are dumb (as in very very good). But other than that, I think it's an awesome idea!

RogueVector

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanae View Post
The one thing I thought was a little silly was the 60% slow for 5 seconds. I know there are other op slows like Nasus's Wither and Zilean's Time Warp, but those are dumb (as in very very good).
Any suggestions on the exact numbers? 40/45/50/55/60% is what I have now, so maybe tune it down to 30/35/40/45/50% but keep the duration at 3/3.5/4/4.5/5s?

I also bumped up the cooldown so it won't turn into a permaslow (5s cooldown + 5 second duration).

Changed it so its as follows:
30/35/40/45/50% Slow, 3/3.5/4/4.5/5s duration, 10 second cooldown.

That being said, its still a permaslow with the fact that you can get up to 40% cooldown reduction, so I'll have to take that into account as well... maybe just keep it at the 10 second cooldown? Does that work?

Xanae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

I think that works! You have a great concept going man! Good job!

RogueVector

01-25-2013

Thanks a bunch, Xanae!

Made a couple changes to the Ult: I didn't mention that the cold ult was a channel for 3 seconds, while there is a width for the hot ult (200 range width, so about half the distance one can flash)

MilkusWolfus

01-26-2013

[P]: One thing, He doesn't use mana. No point in reducing it. =) Other than that I think it's a clever passive.

[Q]: "effect lessens when cooled (1% per Heat more than 50)" is that suppose to be 'Less'? Other than that I think it's pretty good. I imagine you can't turn it of and only toggle between the 2? I'm not the best at stat balancing either but the slow seems like it can stack a lot. 40% at lvl 5 from just basic attacks and being ranged...and for 3s? seems a little high to me.

[W]: What's it's range? Cone size? (90 degrees...180?) Is this character an ADC or Mage? If Adc I think his [Q] should be his main focus on lowering and raising heat. Cooldowns seem a little low especially since he has no mana he will be pumping out damage like crazy with no real repercussions. Increased heat cost, cd, or lower damage should fix that.

Diggin the blow-back effect.

[E]: This again I have a little problem with depending if he's a mage or adc. 50% slow for 5s. Um that man is dying if any teammate is even close by. Tad over powered. If it dealt no damage like Nasus Wither or needed some other condition like having X amount of stacks from passive applied then I could see it.

Note: Flash Frost is an Anivia skill. Not the same but close. Not sure if that would effect your naming. Just a heads up. =P

[R]:
Chilling Burn: No real problem here. Good job.

Flashpoint Surge: Looks like a fun skill. I would want this character simply for this. Haha

[Overall]: To help ease reading and clarity I would only suggest setting a standard of basic information under your skills.

[Q] Skill Name
Short Description.

Damage:
Cost:
Cooldown:
Range:

Quoted Long Description.

Hope that helps! =) Again stats aren't really my specialty (Workin on it) I'm an ideas man! And now it's time for a shameless plug! BWAHAHAHAHA

Rate, Review and General Awesomeness is welcome!:
~:: MilkusWolfus' Character Concept Emporium! ::~

RogueVector

01-26-2013

MikusWolfus:

Q:Yep, got it. Changed the mistake.

You can only toggle between the two, and I'm keeping the 3 second duration because to get to that 40% slow you need to attack your target 8 times - plenty of time for someone to retaliate. In comparison, Ashe's Frost Shot at level 5 only needs one attack to slow someone at 35% for 2 seconds. In fact, I'm thinking of tweaking the skill so that it hits for more (5/6/7/8/10% slow per autoattack, but only stacks 3-4 times, compared to 2-8 times as you upgrade).

W:Cone size is 60*. Added that in.

Mikel's a bit of a hybrid between AA and spellcasting, but the thing is that he's a bit of a glass cannon in that regard; while he's good at dealing damage and CC, his initial HP is, while rather high-ish, scales poorly, as does his armor. MRes is at default, doesn't scale at all. So yes this character hits hard but focus him down and he dies easily. With the Stack mechanic I'm implementing after this post, his kit is semi-useful for teamfights but he works best in a ground-out duel where he combos his abilities to take advantage of his Chill/Burn Stack bonuses.

If that doesn't come across very well, any suggestions on where I can tweak him? Dropped his initial HP down to 395 from 430 to make him a lot more visibly 'glass cannon', though I've also bumped his HP/level to 80 (from 75) so he scales as well as Lulu.

E: Having stacks on him sounds good, actually... I always intended for all of Mikel's abilities to compliment each other. 20% as a base slow, and then adds on another 5% slow per chill stack on target? That'll encourage people to get all eight chill stacks on target.

In that case... to do the same with the Burn stacks and his W, tune down the scaling and add on so that with each burn stack on a target, it deals extra damage based on AP, effectively making the AP ratio of the W go up?

R: Thanks! I always like to think: a champion's kit makes them useful, but their Ult is what makes them fun. Also tweaked it to take advantage of chill/burn stacks.

TLDR: With these changes, Mikael becomes an AP duelist once he gets a lot of stacks on someone, and I scaled back the stackless ratios/damage/percentages to balance out. So he should be built AS/AP to fully take advantage of this.

So, what do you guys think?