Warwick in S3

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Helter Kremlin

01-24-2013

Is he a good choice or would I be better off with someone else?

I rather like jungling, though I don't get to do it too often anymore. I wanted to try Warwick and needed to know how he's fairing in season 3 as a jungler.

Any advice or knowledge on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Builds and such are welcomed too.

Triska

01-24-2013

He's not ideal. He can't gank very well without his ult, while most other junglers can definitely gank by lvl 4 (if not lvl 2). However, he duels fairly well because of his lifesteal, and is a decent team player lategame. There are better picks, but WW is a favorite of mine, and I still perform well when I do choose to play him.

Grockk

01-24-2013

I play him almost exclusively and I recommend that you play someone else. He is pretty crappy in S3. People say he is good top but those are some folks that remember the old days. He got nerfed twice in a row and now he is almost never seen top because he can't keep up with the modern top champs like darius and jax. As for jungle, he is very slow and can't gank successfully before 6 unless the other team is moronic (which is unlikely for most ELOs)

Vizzlepeez

01-24-2013

Can you still play ww?

Darth Starkiller

01-26-2013

Warwick is decent Solo Top, but only if you build him to maximize his survivability (with Tank items) and his Lifesteal.

He is one of the slowest junglers early game, because he has zero CC and, let's face it, Riot may or may not have intentionally built this jungle to be dominated by AoE Junglers. However, he is far better late game than most Junglers (especially Shaco), his Ultimate is one of the best ganks in the entire game (as good as Nocturne's in gap closing, and has a suppress to lock down fleeing enemies), and his sustain has and should always be insane at high levels. With Blue buff you can clear the Jungle much faster (so don't pick him in higher Tier Ranked, because they will camp the Blue buffs with a passion), he is one of the best 1v1's in the game (he can even kill Garen on-level with no help because of his Lifesteal), and his E reveals wounded enemies that are trying to escape a suicidal position, even in brush, denying them an easy Recall and further complicating their farm.

He is not very viable in the current meta, unless you are extremely good at using him (or you're Crs stvicious), but he is one of the best Twisted Treeline and Dominion Champions. Seeing him in Ranked Summoner's Rift is rare.

His natural counters are people with Hard CC, DoT (because it tears his Lifesteal away), and anything more than 2v1. He is an Anti-Carry and a Counter to most Counterjunglers.

Don't ever ultimate these enemies 1v1 because they can easily escape you: Jax, Olaf, Alistar, Gangplank.

If the enemy has Cleanse (though I rarely encounter someone who does anymore), they'll escape your Ultimate. Keep this in mind. Ignite and Executioner's Calling strip your Lifesteal, so be cautious when fighting enemies with either (and avoid people who have both).

NEVER fight opponents with extreme burst damage, especially LeBlanc and Darius, unless you're monstrously fed or have one (or ideally two) of your teammates with you. They'll nuke you before you even manage to get your Q off.