Honestly debating uninstalling.

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dravenation

01-24-2013

Beware wall of text below

I've sat in this hell hole for 2 seasons now, and I'm sick of it. I don't think im some sort of God that deserves platinum, but I do deserve bronze. Triple digit elo is the worst thing imaginable on any game ever and I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy. Now I know what you're all going to say, you deserve to be that low etc. Well, believe it or not, I'm not a complete idiot that belongs in triple digit elo. I have dota experience, and I play a LOT of HoN. I'm 1400 in HoN, there is absolutely no reason I should be triple digit anything in LoL. Why you ask? It's a simpler game and that's the easiest way I can say it. You don't even need to concern yourself with micro'ing couriers or denying creeps/towers. I'm not by any means, saying this game is easy. Of course it's not or it wouldn't have such a strong competitive scene. But what I will say is, because it's a game directed towards a more casual audience, that means that your average league player, is really, really bad. Most people at this elo do not know what last hitting is, they autoattack creeps blindly, build poorly, have little to no positioning and typically focus tanks in teamfights. Everyone says, if you don't belong in that elo, carry yourself out. Anyone who has said that, has never ever seen just how laughably terrible triple digit elo is. When the soft elo reset happened for the preseason, I was put at 1k instead of 1200. Needless to say there is absolutely no difference and I fell right back down. I do not belong at this bracket. Lolking me. Look at my graves stats. Tell me I deserve to be in this triple digit bracket. It is just so infuriating and absolutely impossible to climb out. It doesn't matter if you duo queue, you still have to deal with 3 randoms, and if they overextend by themselves late game well suddenly it's 4v5 and they win the fight and push to win. If people don't understand that hey, you can't turtle ace and win every game. You do in fact need to actually PUSH, then there is no hope for winning. This is how a majority of games go in Elo Hell. Which does in fact exist. It's called triple digit elo, and I really hope none of you ever end up that low. Normally, I'd just make a new account. Except that level 30 is a long damn time to be playing stupid unranked normal to re buy rune pages, champions, etc. There is no pick up and play value to this game. So I'm permanently stuck to this account in the depths of retardation. I will pay for an elo reset, I really don't care at this point. On that note, HoN lets you reset stats for 20 dollars. Why can't we have that in League?

Delete Teemo

01-24-2013

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning-Kruger_effect

There's actually a psycological principle that explains why you're stuck down there with all of those "noobs"

The truth is, it's your real elo. You say you've been in that elo for 2 years? Then the sysem has found your skill level. The whole reason you play ranked is to find out your rating. Once you open the pandora's box of ELO, you can't just close it if you don't like what you see. Maybe a new outlook on LoL might help you? Then read the wikipedia link, and understand that these people are equal to you in skill (Currently) If you realise that the only way to improve your elo is to improve your play, and encourage people to be team players and co-operate, then you might just do that, and land yourself in a new elo bracket.

ledo1222

01-24-2013

Can, you learn to structure paragraphs first?

BTW K.

Dear diary, today I decided to write a whining thread that contributes absolutely nothing to anything.

It was a good day.

Later, I might make a grilled cheese.

I like grilled cheese.

Dravenation

01-24-2013

you're basically comparing me to people that can't even cs. Did you even check my stats?

Dravenation

01-24-2013

People even ask me in my games all time time. "graves why are you in this elo"
I simply tell them, man I have no ****ing clue.

Delete Teemo

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdaddypuupuu View Post
you're basically comparing me to people that can't even cs. Did you even check my stats?
The game isn't about KDR. So what if you have some kills, if you can't blow up the nexus? I tried to help you. It seems you only want to mope about how much better you are than the people that are in you elo. If you're so much better, than just carry them. Your team has 4 low elo scrubs, and theirs has 5. I see you can get kills. Now actually put the gold to work and set the ego aside. You have been at the same elo range for a while. That says that you haven't improved significantly enough to advance. Just focus on improving, and realise what you're doing right and wrong, instead of using your teammates as scapegoats. One thing i can think of by looking at your stats is: Diversify your roles. I see a whole lot of adc games, and almost none of other roles. If someone on your team locks ad, you have to play a role that you're not good at, then you're putting your team at a huge disadvantage.

Also read the link, it will actually help you.

SomeCallMeEd

01-24-2013

Why not just play normals or play ranked until you hit about 4 others of similar skill level then team up with a premade to idiot proof your team.

I really don't see why you're quitting over not getting a number of "skill level" added to your account. Kinda sounds like a TF2 player whining that he got a Soliders Stache instead of the Bills Hat he deserved. Makes little sence.

But still, this is a game, no one is forcing you to play this. There's plenty of other MOBA's. Good luck!

Dravenation

01-24-2013

I said cs. Not KDR. Stats don't lie. If I was a bad player I would be feeding and not killing towers. I constantly compliment my teammates on a job well done and try to lead the team. It's not enough. Do me a favor, make an account, and purposely lose games till you drop low enough. Then you can try and climb out yourself. Also good luck with the *insert role here* or feed trolls. I read the link. I told you I don't think I'm vastly superior to every single player. I simply said I deserve bronze. Bronze is still bad. I don't care. Just get me out of triple digit.

Backseatbunny

01-24-2013

I have finally gotten my roster to play in a ranked game.... however, I had to dodge a queue due to my first group having a derptard in it. So its my first time realizing I have to wait 30 minutes. So to kill time I come here.

Needless to say, this was NOT the first thread I wanted to see on the forums.

The Dunning Kruger effect could accurately describe OP. However Phizzwiggle is giving credibility to a system that is not completely infallible. OP has stated that in a duo queue, there are still 3 unknown variables and that DOES in fact affect the outcome of your game/elo. Maybe OP is a decent player.... but what he clearly lacks is the tolerance to drag himself out of elo hell.

I have firsthand experienced the elo hell community and its not pretty.... but that is why I built my roster to fulfill every role in the game, and be able to play that role somewhat efficiently before I joined ranked.

If OP only plays or expects to play Graves in ranked.... then his lack of attention to the rest of his roster may be a testament to his inability to climb out of Elo Hell.

Delete Teemo

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdaddypuupuu View Post
I said cs. Not KDR. Stats don't lie. If I was a bad player I would be feeding and not killing towers. I constantly compliment my teammates on a job well done and try to lead the team. It's not enough. Do me a favor, make an account, and purposely lose games till you drop low enough. Then you can try and climb out yourself. Also good luck with the *insert role here* or feed trolls. I read the link. I told you I don't think I'm vastly superior to every single player. I simply said I deserve bronze. Bronze is still bad. I don't care. Just get me out of triple digit.

You're right. Stats don't lie. I see 53 wins, and 75 losses. That's a 41% winrate.

once again, trying to give advice. Stop shrugging it off because it's not what you want to hear

12345 ... 6