Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

grinding dominion to get to a high w/l ratio - hq livestream

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pessimist

01-24-2013

http://twitch.tv/tykobro

probably playing mostly carries, the winrate on this account is bad [12/12] and im gonna try to get it up to at least positive 50 or 60 like my main.

Pessimist

01-24-2013

had quite a few good games, had lots of fun then this garen comes in and ruins it for me and the rest of my team.

meh. done for now.

NamKim

01-24-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2244698

Read that.

Personally, I would take Revive-Exhaust as summoner spells.
Since I wasn't around for your actual stream, I can only give suggestions based on your build/summoner spells.

Pessimist

01-24-2013

Quote:
NamKim:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2244698

Read that.

Personally, I would take Revive-Exhaust as summoner spells.
Since I wasn't around for your actual stream, I can only give suggestions based on your build/summoner spells.

i had hit 1900 on dominion before jabebot was disabled on my main..

i go flash ignite / flash cleanse etc because currently everyone at the sub 30 game 50/50winrate sucks lol.
the higher i go the more i'm inclined to go revive though. when i realize flash ignite or flash cleanse isn't working well i'll probably go revive/exhaust etc + start playing 'broken' champs.

HaIfhearted

01-24-2013

Well, flash/ignite and flash/cleanse are always going to work pretty well because they are all pretty powerful spells.

You shouldn't have to play op champs to raise your w/l.
Spamming ops once you've started getting harder matches is like admitting you don't have the skills to continue climbing the ladder so you're compensating for your lack of ability with a broken champ.

I only saw one game, but you have fairly good mechanical skill, and seem to have good Dominion sense as well.
I can definitely see how you managed to get up to 1900 during the Jabebot era.

Have you checked out the DominateDominion chatroom yet? It's a great place to chat with other Dominion players, and its also a good place to advertize your stream.

smXho

01-25-2013

Quote:
HaIfhearted:
Well, flash/ignite and flash/cleanse are always going to work pretty well because they are all pretty powerful spells.

Spamming ops once you've started getting harder matches is like admitting you don't have the skills to continue climbing the ladder so you're compensating for your lack of ability with a broken champ.

I only saw one game, but you have fairly good mechanical skill, and seem to have good Dominion sense as well.

Have you checked out the DominateDominion chatroom yet? It's a great place to chat with other Dominion players, and its also a good place to advertize your stream.

I kept telling myself that, but then after 30 40 games in a row where you bump into blind pick Teemo, Darius or Kassadin, you start getting pissed off.

Teemo is all OK now, I still hate Darius, because it's Darius, the mechanic is extremely stupid. And I refuse to play, almost, until Kass is nerfed

Pessimist

01-25-2013

Quote:
smXho:
I kept telling myself that, but then after 30 40 games in a row where you bump into blind pick Teemo, Darius or Kassadin, you start getting pissed off.

Teemo is all OK now, I still hate Darius, because it's Darius, the mechanic is extremely stupid. And I refuse to play, almost, until Kass is nerfed

Yeah I'm seeing a Darius every other game on my main.. the champ is just crazy good overall.

Quote:
HaIfhearted:

I'd probably play strong bot champs.. nothing copout-y like Mordekaiser though, just strong champs that could contest bot well. Since I'm strong at 1v1's and my positioning is pretty on spot, I'd just migrate to playing bot dueling-type champs, a lot once the games get harder. That way I can at least win a part of the map by myself and hope my team keeps top more than 50% of the time.

Not that I'm saying "Kassadin/urgot/ad malz every game np" but obviously there's a point at which playing vayne/akali won't win me a ton of games.

I'll probably join the chat next time I'm on a dominion binge (probably later today) and post my stream there too.

IS1c5019c283e69d4080426

01-25-2013

Downvoted.

If you grind w/l in dominion you are just sad.

NamKim

01-25-2013

Quote:
IS183e69d4080426:
Downvoted.

If you grind w/l in dominion you are just sad.

In Soviet Russia...and every other place in the world, you are sad.

Anyways, back to the OP, I apologize. I haven't been getting a lot of sleep due to school...and procrastination...mostly the latter, so I missed that part about your main account. I apologize.

FOODFOOD

01-25-2013

You know, for your name being Pessimist, you seem pretty positive
Keep up the good work. I think I've played a game or two with ya.