Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Chat][Minor] In-game-chat missing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sermoln

01-24-2013

On the PBE , I'm having a problem where my chat in games isn't there. However it acts as if is, I can still type (/d, /ff, /j, etc.) however it doesn't actually show up.
I went through my settings, and couldn't find an option that I may have clicked by accident, I also increased my chat scale to max to see if it'd help. Still no luck
Please help so I can communicate with my teams, thanks!

vLemon

QA Analyst

01-25-2013

Hey Sermoln, are you playing on windows or mac. Does this happen to every game you play?

Sermoln

01-25-2013

I play on windows, and it happens every game

vLemon

QA Analyst

01-26-2013

Try to repair your installation and let us know if you still experience this

ForrestLump

01-26-2013

@vLemon , I tried to play a rank game earlier in PBE, but I had to click Accept several times once the match was found. In addition, I got some weird messages once someone dodged during champion selection.

xRenix

02-04-2013

same.. ingame chat not working and i have windows

Zion l

02-04-2013

I'm getting a similar issue. I just played a ranked game, and upon entering I received a message in the chat box that reads "game_announcement_OnEqualizeFailedVotes_Unknown" and then it said under that "It is too early in the game to surrender!" Also, when I tried to type GLHF in /all, it showed up as @[]2 and a weird symbol I can't type with my keyboard xD

Devindor

02-04-2013

I'm currently in game right now and I can confirm this. I have that same "MissingString_EqualizeVotes_Failed" and then it said under that "It is too early in the game to surrender!" thing and my chats aren't showing up

EDIT: game_announcement_OnEqualizeFailedVotes_Unknown
It is too early in the game to surrender!
That's what it says

Tangpoon

02-04-2013

Quote:
Devindor:
I'm currently in game right now and I can confirm this. I have that same "MissingString_EqualizeVotes_Failed" and then it said under that "It is too early in the game to surrender!" thing and my chats aren't showing up

EDIT: game_announcement_OnEqualizeFailedVotes_Unknown
It is too early in the game to surrender!
That's what it says

Having this issue as well on Mac client. Tried repair and nothing changed.

Chispaaa

02-04-2013

same stuff here, but i can tell you guys that everyone has this bug, in chat game does not works, u can only ping or use the commands like dance/taunt etc. but u cant talk with ur team or enemies

about the "equalize" ... i tried with /equalize and it said "TOO EARLY IN GAME TO SURRENDER" . . .