Why ADC's should not split

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chris2423

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

today i was in a ranked game and our team got the worst of it from the start. we were down 4 turrets, 2 dragons, and 20 kills at the 27 minute mark and surrender votes were narrowly failing 3-2. then the enemy adc decided it was a good idea to split bot, and instantly 20 pings go down on baron as we know we likely have our only shot at winning.

instantly the adc recalls realizing he messed up, and wants to buy items and get to baron as soon as he can. cho tries to flash eat baron but we cc him and get the baron and narrowly win a fight that ensues that their adc cant get to, and we all live and pick up 2 kills leaving it 5v3 as we head down mid while i spam my soraka heals and we take all 3 turrets mid + dragon, before recalling, taking mid inhib followed by 2 turrets top + inhib, recall, baron runs out, camp bot until lanes push forcing them to defend megacreeps top and mid while we push bot, we take the game. at the end we were still down 12 kills.

quite possibly the biggest throw i have ever seen. so please, adc's, please, stop solo pushing bot, especially when baron is up. you will lose your team the game.

adc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

01-24-2013

No. Split pushing bot is fine. It's doing it at a stupid time that's bad.

MicKretz

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
No. Split pushing bot is fine. It's doing it at a stupid time that's bad.
Indeed, its all about timing....as MF ADC i can rape a base pretty good without my teammates / split pushing when the other team is knocking on our door....best thing with an ADC Split push is that you can usually take down that 1 person who decides to tele back to stop you

chris2423

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicKretz View Post
Indeed, its all about timing....as MF ADC i can rape a base pretty good without my teammates / split pushing when the other team is knocking on our door....best thing with an ADC Split push is that you can usually take down that 1 person who decides to tele back to stop you
and the worst part is your team doesnt stand a chance in a 4v5 without there adc, so what is likely to happen is enemy team destroys your team back home while u take turret and inhib, at which point you have a choice between tp back home after dmg is dont and defend double turrets or try to win a base race. either way your team loses.

EDIT: im making an assumption that the enemy team has someone tanky enough (200+ armor) that can tank a turret no problem, if they have no tank and your team has good wave clear, by all means go for it, but in general once the game gets to 30 minutes or so your inhib turrets arent gonna do much. i have just seen SO many games lost because of players trying to split as adc and very rarely have i seen it work out. in comparison, if you have a rengar or master yi or nidalee or shen or whoever split with tp, they can probably win a 1v1 or escape from a 2v1 AND if they enemy team forces an engage u TP in and have a 5v5 at an advantage because the enemy team forced an engage.