Feedback/Tips/Ideas for Heimerdinger?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mister Mechanics

01-24-2013

So I'm a fairly new level 30 summoner and I don't really do a lot of ranked (Reason being is the bad first impression of vitrol and I don't consider myself too experienced yet). But when I do normals, I like to play AP Heimer mid. Personally, I find him to be the most fun champion that I have ever played, and I'm rather surprised by his ability to farm and land kills around close to mid-late game.

That being said, I have friends who play ranked who tell me he is terrible, unviable, and the majority of other AP mid champions out there are better. There reasons being: "He is squishy," "Reliant on his turrets," "Bad escape utility," and "Low damage output until endgame."

Now, my only criticism with some of these is that as I've played him more and more and gotten a lot better at mastering the gernade stun, and with proper positioning I've avoided most of the jungle ganks attempted on me, while in some cases actually managing to kill the jungler and getting close to killing the mid. I do find him very squishy, but I seem to feel like proper utilization of his kit and knowing when to Flash is what compensates for it.

My build when I play him generally goes Doran's -> Tear -> t2 boots -> Rabs -> Liandrys -> Archangel -> Void Staff/Deathfire -> Zhonyas. I also run flat AP quints, glyphs, and when I get the IP plan on doing flat AP seals and magic pen marks. I also with my skill build max turrets first followed by rockets and then gernade if I'm trying to maximize farm, while also playing around with maximizing rockets before turrets if I feel like the other AP is going to try to shut me down during the laning phase in order to harass him out of lane.

The reason why I don't like scaling AP seals/glyphs is because I feel like the amount of AP generated at end game doesn't compare to the value of the AP you have at the start of the game-mid game. Plus, the difference in hindsight between flat AP glyphs/seals vs. scaling doesn't seem too massive.

To close this, I would like to reemphasize that I am still a fairly new level 30 and still learning the game in general--having only been playing it since September. So, I would like to ask that all Feedback, tips, comments, and ideas be done in a positive and helpful manner . I will not be monitoring this thread for about 1-2 hours as I have errands to run, but will be looking at it later today. Thanks in advance!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mister Mechanics

01-24-2013

Bump for justice? :3