After trying out various MMOs..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geonde

01-29-2013

I feel that WoW is terribly outdated and needs to be retired.

I played since the launch of BC, and quit around Pandaria. I loved that game and have probably put a year of playing into it. However, the game is really feeling stale and boring lately. It's true that you can keep adding onto the game to give players something to do, but it's still the same game from 2004.

On the other hand, I bought Guild Wars 2 on launch and loved it. The way to gain experience felt fresh, even more so that I was rewarded for going out of my way to explore or level up skills. It was a fun idea that was improved upon. I have also started playing Tera recently due to it going F2P, and I absolutely love the combat. You don't feel like you're mindlessly killing mobs to get X goal, you're playing an action game which you need to time your attacks and dodge the enemy in order to kill, even though it's in the traditional MMO format. Sadly, these games are not very popular compared to the Warcraft behemoth and are suffering because of it.

Does anybody else feel the same way? I'd love to hear what OT thinks.

Surakai

01-29-2013

They all suck.

Tera's combat actually being good (with the exception of its few lock-on abilities which not only suck for being lock-on but also suck for feeling clunky as a mofo like Syndra's grab) ruins practically every other MMO. Then you have Tera's imbalance and massive amount of RNG ruining itself as well as its interpretation of the sorcerer, warrior, and priest being the worst I have ever seen.

Haven't played GW2 tho. heard its kind of a combination of lock-ons and actual skill but w/e, if I'm spending money on any game it'll probably be starcraft 2 just so I can realize I hate that game to as usual.

When it comes to any type of game, LoL is probably the best I have played although I don't anymore because every time I play with my bro some guy gets pissed off at him which then pisses my bro off which ultimately pisses me off because now I have to listen to some baddie cry while my brother b*tches about it on skype. Then I start b*tching at them both which causes the other 2 people to get pissed off at all 3 of us. After all that we all end up sitting at nexus while refusing to surrender.

wait, I don't need to be playing with my bro for this to happen, silly me.

Geonde

01-30-2013

bump

Durzaka

01-30-2013

I havent played GW2, but of the 5-7 ive played, while WoW is outdated, it is by far the most polished and overall more enjoyable (which is not a good comment since it stopped being enjoyable to me more than a year and a half ago).

You cant argue WoW is popular for a reason.