Gangplank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aroph

01-20-2013

I'm not asking for a nerf, but in the last 3 games I've played. It's been against a Gangplank solo top. I played as Riven all three of those games. From what I've seen, he seems a bit too strong, in lane, I think.

I can harass him with the standard Riven lane combo, E > W > QQQ out of there. When he tries to retaliate with his Parley, the shield from my E prevents me from taking any damage, and I can get out safely.

However, I noticed that whenever I play, he ALWAYS ends up building items that allow him to get more health than me, even if I'm leading in kills and CS. It's probably the way I build, but I think Bloodthirster is really essential on Riven, so I have to build that first.

Even while building his Health items, he does a **** ton of damage if I do anything besides harass.

A little near the end of laning phase is where it all happens. He builds his Phage. He instantly has more health than me. And the fact that when I try to harass with E > W > QQQ, his Phage slows me with his Icy Passive, and I take a hefty amount of damage before I reach the turret, because my mobility isn't enough to get out of range of 3 hits. This is especially with his Raise Morale.

That's not it, before that in earlier game, even if I harass him quite a bit, he just eats his oranges and becomes k. It's really annoying how my harass goes to nothing.

In mid to late game, he becomes a full on tank, even without kills, and the damage from his Parley + Statik Shiv is insane... Then when he uses his R, even though it isn't the most annoying ultimate, it provides massive slow and damage in team fights.

Is he just a early game lane bully like Riven, or just a plain counter to her? Or does he snowball damn hard?

Thanks for reading

Vinterheim

01-20-2013

GP is not Riven's counter, not even close to being one.
And rushing Bloodthirstier vs a Tankplank ain't good idea either... it's just the way you're playing, from what i've read, i believe you need to learn how to build depending in situations instead of just going for a scripted build order.

GP is a champ with soft cc (his ult slows 20% and doesn't have much damage actually), + his passive which stacks, the only thing that makes him partially strong in top lane is his ranged harass with Parrrrrley which applis on-hit effects and the fact he can get out of tough situations with his Orange (om nom nom)

Riven is way worse of a lane bully then gp, and gp's all about farming, you know his Q gives him extra gold on each minion and champion kill? Deny his farm and he is useless.

new meta op

01-26-2013

GP is underpowered right now. Learn to play properly and you'll handle him.

jmlinden7

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroph View Post
In mid to late game, he becomes a full on tank, even without kills, and the damage from his Parley + Statik Shiv is insane... Then when he uses his R, even though it isn't the most annoying ultimate, it provides massive slow and damage in team fights.

Is he just a early game lane bully like Riven, or just a plain counter to her? Or does he snowball damn hard?

Thanks for reading
First of all, GP doesn't have enough cc to be useful as a full tank, and secondly, Statikk Shiv isn't a full tank item.

Pizzatime89

01-26-2013

gp can trade really well with his passive. that's why