Silly Skin Idea -=- Plush Toy Skarner!! (With art)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azmodeus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Bugs aren't gross when they're big and cuddly and full of cotton fluff! This is a skin idea I've been mulling about for a while, and since there has been an interest in humorous skin ideas recently, I figured now would be the best time to get some feedback. The artwork is not mine, it was commissioned by a friend, as I have no artistic qualities whatsoever.

------------------------------------------------------

So what makes you feel this skin deserves to be made?

Point and simple, Skarner is an awesome champion with a sense of humor despite looking grotesque and mean whenever you see him. He has several skins that showcase him as a monstrous and intimidating loner but none that capture the humor of his hidden passive or his jokes. Skarner, despite his tragic back story and rough demeanor, seems like he would be a big softy if given the chance.

Alright then, how would he look?

For starters, I would want to keep the same purple and blue color scheme as his original skin for familiarity, but with an obvious hand-stitched polyester body, claws and legs. Depending on how hard it would be for the art team to pull off textures, the I imagine he would be fuzzy.

Because he is a stuffed animal, and because it's a humorous skin, we can't make him look so angry, so I replaced Skarner's eyes with a more glassy, plastic look, but decided to keep the sharp teeth because I feel he should have at least one aspect of his original theme. His sharp claws would be replaced with rounded, pillow-like pincers.

Since being a scorpion that grabs people with his tail, it seemed fitting for this skin idea that his lasso would be a pull string.

What about sound/visual effects for abilities?

While I'm a little worried that adding too much would push this skin towards a Legendary price range, or even worse, out of the range of "doable" skins, there are a few things I think would fit with this skin:

[Q] Crystal Slash - Similar to the sound effect of Surprise Party Fiddlesticks' balloon animal E, Skarner would pound at the ground with his claws, making a squeaking sound like a toy hammer.

[W] Crystalline Exoskeleton - This one I could take or leave in terms of a special effect. I imagine something to the effect of a glo-worm when he presses W and his underbelly (but not his top, since it's a darker cloth) lights up. Possibly with a different color than blue as a visual cue.

[E] Fracture - Skarner hurls a straight clump of fluff at his opponent. No idea for a sound effect at this time.

[R] Impale - Skarner's pull string shoots out in the targeted direction. If a champion is hit, the string reels itself in and the suppressed champion becomes tangled. There would be an obvious wind up sound, similar to the sound all pull-string toys make.

Skarner's voice would also be distorted and metallic, like if he had a cheap voice box put in, or more similar to Astronaut Teemo. I feel it would be funnier to keep his same catch phrases unless anyone can think of some to add.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWrbMBrpnOM -- For reference of how his ult and voice could work.

His death animation would remain largely unchanged, but noticeable patches of stuffing coming out of his body.
---------------------------------------------------

If you like my idea, upvote and comment. I'll add to this thread and tweak things around as ideas come to me. Thanks for taking the time to read it.

A Swarm of Koala

01-24-2013

There is something deeply unsettling about that picture.

The Sterg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Swarm of Koala View Post
Seems like something I'd see in my nightmares, but including a large phallic object in my anus.

A Swarm of Koala

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by satanist hobo View Post
seems like something i'd see in my nightmares, but including a large phallic object in my anus.
Attachment 599011

Verotes

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Swarm of Koala View Post

Sexybobolonie

01-24-2013

so cute! hahaha, maybe different colors, but i can see it happening! then maybe a annie skin holding plush skarner!!!!
Also come support golden spell shadow prince malzahar! http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2971646

Azmodeus

01-24-2013

Bump

Ruinating End

01-24-2013

I thought the art was an actual plush skarner, +1

TauManifesto

01-24-2013

I like balloon animal skarner better. His ult will be his tail growing out and encasing target in balloon.

Janna F Kennedy

01-24-2013

l0l