Can anyone give me tips on increasing my elo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Claytone

01-24-2013

Hello. I am currently at 1150 elo. I believe I do not belong at this elo because I can do many things others can't, such as last hitting, attack move attack, ward, etc. I main jungle.

Right now I really like VI because of her presence mid and early game, her mobility, CC and ganks.

I usually gank lanes equal amount, unless one lane is loosing REALLY bad, so then I camp them. I also wait for the enemy jungle to gank so I can quickly counter gank.

But no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to get past 1200, once I get to 1200, I get a series of trolls, and my elo drops again.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/31472788#history

lolking stats - match history

Please give me tips, please don't troll and say "your bad! loser" or stuff like that.

Stippy

01-24-2013

My two cents. If you are good at last hitting then lane. It's a valuable skill.

Next I would say that handling equally is not warranted. In solo queue your best bet is to play dirty. Being an online video game you can't hack or anything but you can target their weakest player and use him to snowball. If you want to be really dirty type in all chat about how poor he is doing and apologize to his teammates. This has a high chance to cause them to begin fighting amongst each other which WILL lower their teamwork.

It's a dog eat dog world in solo queue.

adc

01-24-2013

I'd suggest not buying that lizard elder thing. As far as I know, none of those items are worth it.

Voyles

01-24-2013

The biggest and only way of increasing your ELO is destroying the other team's nexus.

Looks like ADC and AP are your weakest roles while melee fighters might be your strongest. Do you like to be aggressive? Then pick those aggressive champions. Hard to tell from your lolking stats because you have played many champions just a few times.

You say you are good at last hitting. Your stats don't really back that up. You might want to work on that some more. Your avg CS isn't bad; it's just not great. I'm not trying to pew pew on you. My CS needs improvement too.

Best thing to do is find someone you can trust to criticize your game play. Get leaguereplays and record your games. Have that buddy look at it. You go back and look at it. Find out where that moment in the game that snowballed for the winning team.

ELOBuff costs $6/mo. If you are serious about your stats, I would think about looking into it instead of lolking.net. It keeps all of your matches, just not last weeks. The stats go better into detail on CS, gold, towers, etc. It also lets you know which champions you play better with as team mates and which champions you play better against. Of course trying to justify this to a significant other if you have one is another story.

Just to give another disclosure, I like playing normal more than ranked. It gets way too serious worrying about ELO.

Redamntion

01-24-2013

Note this is coming from a player in a very similar situation as you. I have gotten above 1200 5 times now, and feel I am getting unlucky with trolls/bads/afks at that rating. Maybe I'm just not good enough to carry at that level. Time will tell, anyways, that's all besides the point.

You've said you're good at last hitting, and an above comment notes that if you have that skill, you may want to lane, which I agree with. However, based on your match history, I would argue that you actually have a pretty hard time last hitting. You average around 140 cs per game, and unless ALL of your games are surrendered at 20 minute mark, that's actually quite poor.

My biggest mistake as far as CS goes, is that as soon as I get a bit of a lead, I see a failing teammate, and begin to roam to try to make plays and turn the game in our team's favor. I end up with around 100cs at the 15 minute mark (not bad), and then am only at 140 by 25-30 minutes (quite bad). I think this is probably a common mistake for players near our skill level, and it goes hand in hand with your statement (ability to gain a CS lead early in the game through having decent mechanics, yet unable to carry late). When laning, make sure you are taking advantage of 'alone time' in your lane to soak up that much needed XP and gold advantage and continue to keep that advantage. Don't feel you HAVE to participate in every skirmish. Many times, you're better off getting further ahead in gold and XP as your enemy lane counterpart is falling further behind while roaming. I saw this problem in my own game (as you can see by my similarly poor avg CS), and have taken some time to go back to normals to correct the mistake.

Just my two cents. Hopefully helps.

Claytone

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
I'd suggest not buying that lizard elder thing. As far as I know, none of those items are worth it.
Haha, I base my build off of XJ9, who is currently at 2500+ elo.

I love his streams and that's the main reason why I play VI. I like carry champs, and XJ9 builds that item every time he plays VI, which is basically every game.

But I will look into it, thanks for constructive feedback!

Claytone

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redamntion View Post
Note this is coming from a player in a very similar situation as you. I have gotten above 1200 5 times now, and feel I am getting unlucky with trolls/bads/afks at that rating. Maybe I'm just not good enough to carry at that level. Time will tell, anyways, that's all besides the point.

You've said you're good at last hitting, and an above comment notes that if you have that skill, you may want to lane, which I agree with. However, based on your match history, I would argue that you actually have a pretty hard time last hitting. You average around 140 cs per game, and unless ALL of your games are surrendered at 20 minute mark, that's actually quite poor.

My biggest mistake as far as CS goes, is that as soon as I get a bit of a lead, I see a failing teammate, and begin to roam to try to make plays and turn the game in our team's favor. I end up with around 100cs at the 15 minute mark (not bad), and then am only at 140 by 25-30 minutes (quite bad). I think this is probably a common mistake for players near our skill level, and it goes hand in hand with your statement (ability to gain a CS lead early in the game through having decent mechanics, yet unable to carry late). When laning, make sure you are taking advantage of 'alone time' in your lane to soak up that much needed XP and gold advantage and continue to keep that advantage. Don't feel you HAVE to participate in every skirmish. Many times, you're better off getting further ahead in gold and XP as your enemy lane counterpart is falling further behind while roaming. I saw this problem in my own game (as you can see by my similarly poor avg CS), and have taken some time to go back to normals to correct the mistake.

Just my two cents. Hopefully helps.
Well, I am good at CSing during the laning fase, buy as the game progresses I kinda stop focusing on killing creeps, as I focus on being with my team more.

Claytone

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stippy View Post
My two cents. If you are good at last hitting then lane. It's a valuable skill.

Next I would say that handling equally is not warranted. In solo queue your best bet is to play dirty. Being an online video game you can't hack or anything but you can target their weakest player and use him to snowball. If you want to be really dirty type in all chat about how poor he is doing and apologize to his teammates. This has a high chance to cause them to begin fighting amongst each other which WILL lower their teamwork.

It's a dog eat dog world in solo queue.
I don't want to risk being reported and banned. If I say stuff that may get them mad and report me, also it would make him feel bad, and that might be 1 less person playing ranked.

putte

01-24-2013

Lane. if u are so good so u can win our lane every game u will win more then 50% of our matches and gain elo. best lanes are mid and bot adc because u can carry and make bigger differance there.

adc

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostRecord View Post
Haha, I base my build off of XJ9, who is currently at 2500+ elo.

I love his streams and that's the main reason why I play VI. I like carry champs, and XJ9 builds that item every time he plays VI, which is basically every game.

But I will look into it, thanks for constructive feedback!
Oh trust me, I know Xj9. If he likes it, go ahead. He certainly knows more than me, even if he is an ass.