Introducing Joshua, the Spectator

1234511 ... 15
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bigolfish

01-24-2013

Edit #1: 100 Upvotes! Any reds want to chime in? I'm looking at you @Ironstylus
[B]Edit #2: 200 upvotes! Thanks everybody!
Lore

Joshua is the League of Legend's most fervent fan; he watches every match, has memorized the statistics of every champion and has a full set of Doran's Limited Edition Life-Size Champion Figurines(tm). He particularly admires Garen's courage of poise, and sometimes dreams of meeting his hero. Joshua's destiny took a sudden turn when he entered a contest to win front-row seats to a high-profile skirmish on Summoner's Rift. As fortune would have it he won the contest, but a mix-up in the paperwork resulted in a most unlikely turn of events: instead of watching, Joshua was participating! Stuck between being star-struck and fearing for his life, Joshua is the newest Champion(?) to trip onto the League of Legends stage!

"...who?" - Garen, the Might of Demacia

Overview

Joshua is a melee support champion who specializes in interrupting the flow of a battle by jostling enemies aside, distracting them with his collectibles and generally disrupting the flow of a battle.

Abilities

Passive: Fast Learner
Every time Joshua is killed by an enemy Champion or gets a kill/assist he gains 2% tenacity, 4 movement speed and 2.5% cool down reduction. Stacks up to 10 times.

Q: Clumsy Charge
Joshua charges towards target location. If Joshua hits an enemy Champion, he will crash into them and get hopelessly tangled, dealing damage and stunning his opponent. If Joshua does not hit an enemy, he will trip and be briefly stunned when he reaches the target location.

W: Mechanical Figurine
Joshua tosses a life-size, but clearly mechanical, replica of one of his favorite champions to target location. When it lands, the figurine will start spinning for a length of time, dealing damage and knocking aside any enemy who comes near it. Enemies will only be knocked aside once. Comes in Garen, Darius, Wukong and Katarina models.

E: Summon Caster Minions
Joshua creates several caster minions in front of him that automatically seek out nearby enemies. Enemies that come in contact with the minions are infuriated and forced to attack them. Minions die from any non-periodic damage and explode on death, dealing magic damage.

Ultimate: Panic!!
Joshua enters a state of panic, gaining movement speed, armor, magic resist and ignores unit collision. While active, Joshua wildly flails his arms about, knocking aside and slowing any enemies he passes through. An enemy can only be knocked aside by Joshua in this manner every few seconds. When his panic ends, Joshua will collapse, dealing damage and briefly knocking up any nearby enemies.

Ability Overview

Q: Works similarly to Gragas' Body Slam, but more rewarding when successful and more punishing when failed. While it does give Joshua decent mobility, it can't be as easily abused as most "dashes".

W: Joshua's primary harass ability, the figurine can be used a number of ways: zone control, path blocking, knocking an enemy back to be finished off or away to save an ally/himself.

E: The minions create a "mini-taunt" that only lasts for a single attack. It's not long enough to be a debilitating CC, but it is enough to disrupt the flow of a fight.

Ultimate: Joshua's main role is not dealing damage, or locking down the enemy for a long time. Instead, his goal is to be as much of a nuisance as possible, throwing the other team out of their groove and letting your team capitalize on that. I felt this sort of ultimate was the best way to showcase that.

Sample Dialogue

Upon Selection
M-me? Are you serious?

Movement
That way looks kinda dangerous...
Oh dear oh dear oh dear
I heard you the first time!
Over there? Are you sure?
Is it safe?
Why am I even here?
Oh, boy...

Attacking
You want me to WHAT now?
This is such a bad idea...
Hit? Me? Them?
What, with my fists?
I'm gonna diiiiiiie!

Recalling
At last, safety!

Death
I knew it!

When Activating Panic!!
I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!

Joke
Omigosh, is that who I think it is? It is! Oh, they're coming to kill me, aren't they.

Sometimes I can convince myself it's just VERY high definition...
Taunt
You had to work to get here? I got in by accident!

Hey! Hey, you! Yeah, you! Uh... please don't kill me.

Teralisan

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigolfish View Post
Lore

Joshua is the League of Legend's most fervent fan; he watches every match, has memorized the statistics of every champion and has a full set of Doran's Limited Edition Life-Size Champion Figurines(tm). He particularly admires Garen's courage of poise, and sometimes dreams of meeting his hero. Joshua's destiny took a sudden turn when he entered a contest to win front-row seats to a high-profile skirmish on Summoner's Rift. As fortune would have it he won the contest, but a mix-up in the paperwork resulted in a most unlikely turn of events: instead of watching, Joshua was participating! Stuck between being star-struck and fearing for his life, Joshua is the newest Champion(?) to trip onto the League of Legends stage!

"...who?" - Garen, the Might of Demacia

Overview

Joshua is a melee support champion who specializes in interrupting the flow of a battle by jostling enemies aside, distracting them with his collectibles and generally disrupting the flow of a battle.

Abilities

Passive: Fast Learner
Every time Joshua is killed by an enemy Champion or gets a kill/assist he gains 2% tenacity, 4 movement speed and 2.5% cool down reduction. Stacks up to 10 times.

Q: Clumsy Charge
Joshua charges towards target location. If Joshua hits an enemy Champion, he will crash into them and get hopelessly tangled, dealing damage and stunning his opponent. If Joshua does not hit an enemy, he will trip and be briefly stunned when he reaches the target location.

W: Mechanical Figurine
Joshua tosses a life-size, but clearly mechanical, replica of one of his favorite champions to target location. When it lands, the figurine will start spinning for a length of time, dealing damage and knocking aside any enemy who comes near it. Enemies will only be knocked aside once. Comes in Garen, Darius, Wukong and Katarina models.

E: Summon Caster Minions
Joshua creates several caster minions in front of him that automatically seek out nearby enemies. Enemies that come in contact with the minions are infuriated and forced to attack them. Minions die from any non-periodic damage and explode on death, dealing magic damage.

Ultimate: Panic!!
Joshua enters a state of panic, gaining movement speed, armor, magic resist and ignores unit collision. While active, Joshua wildly flails his arms about, knocking aside and slowing any enemies he passes through. An enemy can only be knocked aside by Joshua in this manner every few seconds. When his panic ends, Joshua will collapse, dealing damage and briefly knocking up any nearby enemies.

Ability Overview

Q: Works similarly to Gragas' Body Slam, but more rewarding when successful and more punishing when failed. While it does give Joshua decent mobility, it can't be as easily abused as most "dashes".

W: Joshua's primary harass ability, the figurine can be used a number of ways: zone control, path blocking, knocking an enemy back to be finished off or away to save an ally/himself.

E: The minions create a "mini-taunt" that only lasts for a single attack. It's not long enough to be a debilitating CC, but it is enough to disrupt the flow of a fight.

Ultimate: Joshua's main role is not dealing damage, or locking down the enemy for a long time. Instead, his goal is to be as much of a nuisance as possible, throwing the other team out of their groove and letting your team capitalize on that. I felt this sort of ultimate was the best way to showcase that.

Sample Dialogue

Upon Selection
M-me? Are you serious?

Movement
That way looks kinda dangerous...
Oh dear oh dear oh dear
I heard you the first time!
Over there? Are you sure?
Is it safe?
Why am I even here?
Oh, boy...

Attacking
You want me to WHAT now?
This is such a bad idea...
Hit? Me? Them?
What, with my fists?
I'm gonna diiiiiiie!

Recalling
At last, safety!

Death
I knew it!

When Activating Panic!!
I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!

Joke
Omigosh, is that who I think it is? It is! Oh, they're coming to kill me, aren't they.

Sometimes I can convince myself it's just VERY high definition...
Taunt
You had to work to get here? I got in by accident!

Hey! Hey, you! Yeah, you! Uh... please don't kill me.
oh my god
the laughing
I love this idea
for sheer insane idiotic humor

Larias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

01-24-2013

.......my money. take it.

TheWaveWizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

10/10

would play bot lane

KHDragonn

01-24-2013

10/10

The D ls Silent

01-24-2013

I want this to happen lol

This is the Hour

01-24-2013

Absolutely genius.

Quintessence

01-24-2013

The first custom champion idea that I like, take my upvote!

Aandaas

01-24-2013

This thread should never leave the front page. This is amazing.

Jericho Hombre

01-24-2013

I'd stack BTs and BCs on him and play top lane w Warmogs. Real *******.

But for cereal, this was hilarious. +rep

edit: Please get a concept art!

1234511 ... 15