Madred's Blood Razor

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zansatsu

01-24-2013

Now, I know this is pretty old and why most people asked it but I want to know why madred's blood razor was taken out of the game. Tanks like 5 warmogs Garen, or people like mundo/nautilus is just too easy for season 3. No need to insult me, or anything but I just want to know the reason, maybe instead of taking it away we could have just nerfed it a bit. I don't know.

Dthehunter

01-24-2013

Blade of the Ruined King.
That is all.

Vuther

01-24-2013

They didn't remove it because it needed nerfs, they removed it because it was awful.

Kholdstare13

01-24-2013

Don't listen to them, they removed it because too many champions who could NOT make good use of it were buying it. With champs today, I count 6 who could use it well, 5 who would get marginal use depending on the situation, and 6 who could make an effective troll build in a casual game. It's a fine item, but it was acting as a noob trap for AD carries with better crit-related options. Rather than leave it in for build diversity on the few champs who CAN use it, they took it out to avoid confusing beginners. If we put it back in today, it may actually be better than it was before thanks to synergy from hurricane, but BotRK is still better on normal AD carries.

It was my favorite item based on my preferred champions, and I do miss it. I cling heavily to Kitae's in Dominion as the last memory of it, but it's not the same and works on even fewer champs.

WrathofFuFu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Blade of the Ruined King doesn't make up for it because its current HP and not max HP.

WildEyolf

01-25-2013

Blade of the Ruined King is just a bad item in general because of the Current HP, not Max. Great my damage DROPS as I deal damage.. Woot.

Quadradactyl

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildEyolf View Post
Blade of the Ruined King is just a bad item in general because of the Current HP, not Max. Great my damage DROPS as I deal damage.. Woot.
Seriously...At a flat 1k health that is only 40 health it burns, at 5k it is only 200. If you want that then stack Blade of the Ruined King with Sunfire Cape and Spirit of the Lizard Elder. Simple as that.

They take consistent damage from SFC and the DoT from BotRK AND the DoT from Elder Lizard and that one is true damage. Boom Garen's are dead, even with two warmogs.

Micropsia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

Lol funny thing is people say it was used in troll builds... Yet a member on my team can play a MEAN ad Lulu , it's hilarious watching a Jarvan top not being able to do anything. People used to think he was trolling but when he won his lane they took back everything they said to him.

I don't understand why they really removed it myself. It was awesome , the removal of madreds razor was the removal of AD teemo
BotRK in my opinion is garbage because you deal less damage with each hit, wheras madreds was a flat percentage.

Yuan Shikai

01-26-2013

Blade of the ruined king is NOT awful, it is amazing in its lifesteal department.

And Bloodrazor was removed cause it was a terrible noobtrap and should NEVER have been bought on ANY champ as it was NEVER actually worth it.

Plorpmeister

01-26-2013

I'm going to say BotRK is very much worse than the Bloodrazor for several reasons. Bloodrazor was indeed a situational purchase, as is BotRK. The Bloodrazor wins in a few key areas though:
1) Flat % health based damage. When you build either one, it's because someone on the other team is stacking a lot of health (Garen, Cho'Gath, Dr Mundo all spring to mind). The Bloodrazor just gave you more damage regardless of their current health.
2) Armor is easier to build in season 3 than Magic resist. The item with the highest base Magic Resistance is currently Spirit Visage at 50. Runic Bulwark give it's holder a grand total of 60 magic resist. There are currently 7 items with 50 or more armor in the game.
2b) The champions most likely to build either Bloodrazor or BotRK are adcs. If the enemy team builds armor to help counter you, they have cut your ability to hurt them with your BotRK, god forbid they build a Frozen Heart or Randuin's Omen. FH or RO would still affect you with the Bloodrazor, but the armor from either of those items wouldn't.
3) Attack Speed matters. The Bloodrazor gave a huge AS boost, which in turn helped it to deal out more damage with it's passive. BotRK has only mediocre AD.

The Bloodrazor is/was a newb trap, I know I fell for it early on. But it is so much better than BotRK.