If Master Yi's Meditate doesn't keep him alive in teamfights, it needs to be remade.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TechnalityPulse

01-24-2013

I find that the healing RATE is toxic, not the heal itself.

It was that even with ignite and 100 AP, he healed 200+half the base over what, 5 seconds?

And I know everyone screams "Well, just CC him!" but his ultimate... Kill/assist /refresh and he's healing again.

I found it more toxic that he was able to tank a Garen ult at 200 HP with his heal running (My silence was on C/D) and still heal full hp and then proceed to kill me. Although that was some time ago.

cocacolalips

01-24-2013

You're using it wrong.

When AD, it's a defensive move in clutch plays.
Annie is about to drop Tibbers on you?
Miss Fortune is about to Bullet Time?
Press W. Mitigate most dmg, and go on with your life.

Rysan Marquise

01-24-2013

I just want the Armor and MR to last for 1 second after the channel is broken. Not a huge buff, but I think it would be enough.

Sybil Cut

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgus View Post
If Meditate's heal is considered toxic when it is strong enough to be useful, rework the ability rather than nerf it.
This is a very good post, and is well thought out. I don't like AP Yi, but I do believe that you have a very strong point and that your post deserves a bump.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonixPlague View Post
I find that the healing RATE is toxic, not the heal itself.

It was that even with ignite and 100 AP, he healed 200+half the base over what, 5 seconds?

And I know everyone screams "Well, just CC him!" but his ultimate... Kill/assist /refresh and he's healing again.

I found it more toxic that he was able to tank a Garen ult at 200 HP with his heal running (My silence was on C/D) and still heal full hp and then proceed to kill me. Although that was some time ago.
I've said this before, but with Meditate's current setup, it needs a rediculous heal rate to be effective.

Personally, I'm asking for a total remake of the ability if it the heal rate is toxic when set high enough to make a difference.

To make it a survival tool in team-fights, it needs to out-heal a massive amount of damage or it basically reads "Stand still like an idiot while everyone kills you instead of fighting."

I can understand that some find its heal rate to be rediculous, but without that heal rate it would be mostly useless.

This is why I would prefer a remake to a nerf: Meditate stays useful on AP Yi with a chance of fulfilling its intended goal on AD Yi without the heal that so frustrates some players.

If the heal is to strong, its not a power issue- its a design issue.

Nosef

01-24-2013

On what AD auto-attack based champions is it good to not attack in a teamfight for an extended period of time?

Meditate shouldn't be used in a team fight regardless of how much it heals or doesn't. The intent of it was to give him some sustain for laning/jungling, not let him facetank a team as AP Yi, or survive an extra auto-attack during a teamfight while not doing damage as AD Yi.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocacolalips View Post
You're using it wrong.

When AD, it's a defensive move in clutch plays.
Annie is about to drop Tibbers on you?
Miss Fortune is about to Bullet Time?
Press W. Mitigate most dmg, and go on with your life.
It can be used in that way, but its a gamble that will always stop you from attacking for a crucial second or two for overall lackluster results.

(And a Spell Shield would be a far better tool for this if it was its intended functionality.)

If you get stunned in a team-fight as AD Yi, you are probably dead regardless of how you used Meditate: though I did state that it has some limited uses in specific duels.

As for Bullet Time and other avoidable sources of damage, just dodging them or killing the source of the problem is usually preferable.

Sybil Cut

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgus View Post
It can be used in that way, but its a gamble that will always stop you from attacking for a crucial second or two for overall lackluster results.

(And a Spell Shield would be a far better tool for this if it was its intended functionality.)

If you get stunned in a team-fight as AD Yi, you are probably dead regardless of how you used Meditate: though I did state that it has some limited uses in specific duels.

As for Bullet Time and other avoidable sources of damage, just dodging them or killing the source of the problem is usually preferable.
As well, if Annie is about to drop Tibbers on you, I'm thinking most likely that your meditate isn't going to do much.

No reason. [psst 2 second stun]

Galgus

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybil Cut View Post
As well, if Annie is about to drop Tibbers on you, I'm thinking most likely that your meditate isn't going to do much.

No reason. [psst 2 second stun]
Doesn't it do nothing to lower damage from nukes that also interrupt it?

I'm pretty sure on this if my memory is right, but I haven't seen it on the wiki to be 100% sure.

Galgus

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rysan Marquise View Post
I just want the Armor and MR to last for 1 second after the channel is broken. Not a huge buff, but I think it would be enough.
That would make it a tiny bit better for clutch uses, but Yi is usually dead if stunned anyway, and one second probably wouldn't change that.

A spell shield would make much more sense for an ability meant for clutch damage prevention, as opposed to an ability requiring Yi to awkwardly stand still.