As an ADC vs Warmogs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ace of Knaves

01-24-2013

Is the blade of the Ruined King worth getting on an ADC when you are having trouble killing 4k hp tanks who'll drop you instantly if you go for the squishies in the back? This is assuming your team isn't very good.

Cenerae

01-24-2013

As an AD carry it's not your job to kill the squishies in the back.

Blade of the Ruined King is good if you need to downsize extreme health stacking, though arguably as a carry you'd be better off with a different damage item. It'd give you better durability without crippling your damage though, through the lifesteal on the proc.

But really, you're not supposed to run through the enemy front lines. Not with a carry.

Ace of Knaves

01-24-2013

Just tried it. It's not that good. The damage was consistent...ly average. It seems like most of ADC damage comes from compounding crit items and ruined blade does none of that.

symbolic shadow

01-24-2013

There is not a way to answer that question with a simple yes or no. This is because of the fact that the item is highly situational. Depends on who you're playing and who there playing and what there building.

SeCKS Egai

01-24-2013

I've been tweaking my Vayne build a lot before I start trying to run her in Ranked (was gone a while and haven't done Ranked since season 1, missed out on a silver or gold badge =( )

The problem with BotRK is that it takes up a slot - what I mean by that is, as an ADC, you're already going to have 3 slots dedicated to something already, like zerks,pd,BT. That leaves you three slots to fit some survival and damage. QSS into Mec is basically taking my 4th slot these days, so I'm basically left with 2 slots.

I ran GA for a bit, but while it adds both armor and mag res, since Vayne's base hp is so low, if you're killed and camped, the GA basically only bought a few more seconds for your team to dish out before you're no longer relevant in the fight.

I've been going back to Frozen Mallet at times for the huge hp boost and the fact that it can make all the difference when the need to kite arises. Then of course, there's warmog's if you need all the hp you can get. I know my Vayne is under 2k without an hp boost anywhere, so I'll even consider a bulwark in this slot if need be.

So that basically leaves one slot for armor pen/Last whisper, or in Vayne's case, another attack speed boost to get me to 2 attacks per second. Or even just an IE, which I would normally consider pd/IE standard to any AD carry till season 3.

I used to run Glass cannon - but it was always at high risk of being burst down. Her damage output was beautiful, but we have even fewer options in hitting 100% crit.

The biggest issue I've got with BotRK is that it scales off current health, not max - I'll get more mileage overall out of my BT with the damage and lifesteal stacks.

Pharious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Reign of Gaming had an interesting Article comparing Bloodthirster to BorK, if I remember correctly...

BorK Active > Stacked BT > BorK (enemy over 1000 health) > Unstacked BT > BorK (enemy under 1000 health). Basically you sub BT for BorK depending how many HP stackers you're going against, as Bork loses effectiveness the less HP the enemy has.

TheOneMillion

01-24-2013

^ Here.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

The ruined king is alright at best. Doesnt really solve your issue.
edit: Does PHYSICAL drain, not magical.

The cost is 2900g.
You get...
40 AD (worth 1500g)
10% lifesteal (worth about 400g)

So you pay 900g for the passive effect and active.

For the passive, its like Bloodrazor, except CURRENT HEALTH not max health. This makes it about 1/2 the strength on average.

So assume an average health of 1500. 4% of that is 60 physical (but non critting) damage.
You get healed 30 per hit.

Active: Slow, small nuke, small heal.

How does that hold up against other choices?

Lets say you have an Inf Edge, a Phantom Dancer and a bloodthirster. 300 AD, 55% crit. 2.0 AS. (assume a steroid)

DPS = 300 dmg plus 55% chance of adding 450dmg per hit , times 2.0 AS

300+ .55x450 x2.0 = 1095 DPS.

We have 2900 gold and OMG they stacked health like a mofo, plus moderate armor/MR.

Option 1: Ruined King. (2900)

DPS boosted to (340AD + .55x340x1.5 )x2 plus 80 onhit (1st attk, drops as their HP drops)x2
== 1241 + 160 = 1401. and you lifesteal 40 from the passive. Plus 10% lifesteal.

Option 2: Phantom Dancer #2. (2700g)
DPS boosted to (300+ .85x450) x 2.35AS.
== 1600 (no lifesteal but more movespeed)

Option 3: Bloodthirster #2 (3k)
DPS to 400+.55x600 x 2.0 = 1460 (plus tons of lifesteal)

TL;DR:
Its not awful as I thought it would be, but its not the silver bullet vs tanks either. It tends to give lower DPS even vs the things it supposedly counters. It will give lower DPS vs most other champs. The slow and nuke are nice I guess but fairly low-powered (50% of your AD...really?), and enemy melee that attacks you will ALWAYS have some kind of slow, so your slow isnt as good as you might think.