Jungler help needed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rafiki24

01-24-2013

I have been running across a situation that is happening more often and I am unsure what would be a correct response from me a jungler.

What I have had happen is I will be in the jungle killing a pack of creeps and one of my lanes will get ganked and die. What I have done is go cover the lane. As soon as I cover the lane for bit.. sure enough their jungler ganks and kills another lane. As a result I am going covering lanes and really not helping my lanes as much not to mention now my red of blue buffs will have wore off.

So my question is what should I do... not cover and try to gank or protect my other lanes? or is covering the lane the correct response?

Games like these lend itself a lot of flaming saying I'm not ganking their lanes, which in some regard I'm not because I'm covering the lanes so much. My feelings are though they are not warding and staying alive long enough for me to grab a buff and gank their lane.

maybe these are just bad games.. Im not sure. or maybe I should be not covering the lanes as much. advice please

vortical42

01-24-2013

It's really situational. Where are the minions in the lane you are trying to cover? How long are the death timers on your team mates? Do they have teleport ready or will they have to walk back?

As a general rule I'd say cover the lane unless you have a teammate who is vulnerable to a tower dive. You also need to make sure you have enough ward coverage that your lanes are not getting blind sided.

Rafiki24

01-24-2013

In most cases this is fairly early game. And the minions are being pushed to the turret by which ever lane was ganked. Also rarely does the team have teleport if they did I wouldn't cover lane obviously.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

You're doing the right thing. Your teammates are probably inexperienced at this point, and they'll have to learn that when their own jungle is visible, and the other jungler is not, they need to play more safely, because they're very vulnerable at that time.

As a jungler, my favorite time to gank is when I know exactly where my opposite is, and I know one of their lanes is on death timer, because I can gank with absolutely no fear of a countergank, and I can go balls deep if I need to.

ThePonsterMenis

01-24-2013

Who are you jungling and what are your clear times?
Suck up and buy wards/ use them for your lanes.

IF YOU NEVER COUNTER JUNGLE YOU ALLOW THE OPPONENT JUNGLER TO GANK WITHOUT PENALTY!