Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jax life steal / spell vamp - 19/0/11

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redamntion

01-24-2013

Curious for some opinions on 19/0/11 on Jax (double pen off, vampirism util).
Using spell vamp or life steal quints?
And starting Doran's Blade (or maybe even shield to grab the 5 armor / HP back)

Early kill potential much higher than traditional 9 pot, boots, or cloth start.

With double dorans and a couple of common jax items (rageblade and gunblade/ruined king) the vamp/LS both break 30% and seems like it may be pretty powerful.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure the sustain will be enough early against many lanes, especially without armor... Late I can see this being stronger than 21/9/0...

Also thoughts on 19/0/11 with traditional start would be also helpful.

Overall just trying to build in some leach to Jax to make him even stronger 1v1 / 2v1 for split pushing.

Don't see this in ANY guides and thought it might be strong.
Any feedback appreciated. Going to give it a try tonight regardless.

Snipawolfe

01-24-2013

Good luck. I just prefer 21/9/0 so I can attack the enemy in minions and not take exorbitant amounts of damage while I wreck their face.

Edit: Also, you can get like 7.75 or something AD from quints and this still allows you to take armor/sustain/damage/boots at the start. If anything, higher early kill potential would come from giving yourself more damage and not more sustain. As for late game, just having a gunblade seems to work wonders for Jax's lifesteal/spellvamp.

Redamntion

01-24-2013

Coincidentally, I also prefer wrecking face...

My thought here was the 10 AD from dorans would provide (slightly) more kill potential than the quints, while potentially enough sustain through the vamp.

However, I think I digress and the question is not clear enough, so here's a second attempt.

1. 19/0/11 instead of 21/9/0.
a) Will the sustain be enough early to counter the lack of armor,
b) Will this outscale and provide more dueling potential mid/late.

2. vamp/LS quints in place of AD.
a) Is this likely to provide enough sustain to allow a doran's blade start
b) Will this outscale late due to % vamp/LS over static AD.