Lux Liandrys Torment Illumination

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

flduckhunter73

01-23-2013

Does anyone know if Lux's passive is considered spell damage? I am always going back and forth on whether or not liandry's tormnet is a good item for lux or not. The guides on MOBA fire seem to be conflicting.

The tooltip says:

Burns 5% of current health when dealing spell damage.
If they are movement impaired, they take double damage from this effect.
Multi target/aoe spells the DURATION is HALVED. (Does this mean damage is halved too?)

I really want to know

a) Is triggering lux's passive with an auto attack considered spell damage?
b)If you hit a target with her snare or her detonate ALONE will those be considered movement impaired attacks and proc the double damage?
c)whats really going on with this duration halved thing. I suspect the tool tip should say damage halved.

Just to put this in perspective we are talking about hitting and enemy 4 times in rapid succession for 10% of their current health. (Q, Passive, E, Passive) and 1 time for 5% (Ult)

Or hitting them 2 times for 2.5% (Q,E) and 1 time for 5% (Ult)

There is a huge difference in the effectiveness of this item depending on the answer. Please help!

If I was unclear let me know

flduckhunter73

01-24-2013

bump

NA Rukhron

01-24-2013

a) the Tooltip clearly says spell damage and not magic damage or damage through champion abilities. Spell damage implies there needs to be spellcasting. Thus it should not work with Lux's passive (or similar effects)

b) Liandry's cause normal damage to targets that were not move-impaired when they were hit by the spell damage and double damage to targets that were move-impaired when they got hit by the spell damage.

That means Lucent Singularity will always use the enhanced damage version because it impairs movement and does damage on reactivation, thus damaging the target when it is move-impaired.
On the other hand Light Binding will not use move-impaired enhancement by itself as it doesn't hit a move-impaired target. It hits a target that is not move-impaired and makes it move-impaired.

This checking is made at the start of the effect, this means a spell that does damage-over-time will only check when cast.
Spell that create damaging areas like "Tormented Soil"(Morgana) or that grant you an damage aura like "Northern Winds"(Sejuani) should probably check at every stance of damage.
"Riptide" (Nautilus) may be able to deal enhanced damage by itself if it hits the enemy more than once (first one slows, second and third one now may profit from it).

I'd like to test to make sure about the DoT spells through.

Guaire

01-24-2013

If Rylais procs on her passive, so will liandrys. I know both proc from Zyra's plant's damage.