Trinity Force: Just how viable is it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MesaanaWoT

01-20-2013

So I'd like to discuss the recent changes to trinity force and just how effective it is in comparison to other items.

Recent changes:
-Item cost increased to 4200 from 4070
-Critical strike chance reduced to 10% from 15%
-Slow reduced from 35 to 30% for mellee attacks and 25 to 20% for ranged attacks
-Mana reduced from 250 to 200
-Movespeed reduced to 8% from 15%

So, with these changes it feels like it is just way too costly an item for what it gives. I also question why they nerfed it? The only champs that truely seemed to abuse its power (and not rly even then) were irelia and of course ezreal. Why did they nerf this item then increase its cost to make it even less cost effective. In almost every case I can think of someone could buy black cleaver for much less and get so much more out of it.

Id also like to know who, if anyone this item may still be a good choice on. I especially liked building it on Nidalee, Kayle, and Irelia.

Perhaps I am completely wrong about this item and they didnt overdo the nerf. But anyhow...thats my two cents on the subject.

Please comment and leave yer info on it!!!

LogicX64

01-20-2013

I feel the same as u do. I think they nerf it little too hard. Nowadays, i saw a lot of Ezreal build "Iceborn Gauntlet" and "Black Cleaver" instead of Trinity Force. It's almost like bruiser Ezreal. And yes, it deals a lot of damge with cooldown reduction than Trinity Force. It carry pretty well into late game.

They should at least keep the mana and critical strike chance back to 250 and 15% chance for Trinity Force.

MesaanaWoT

01-21-2013

*whistles softly*....

Riolufi

01-21-2013

uses trinity force with Darius that have 350 ad, 2.01 attack speed, and 70 % critical ( with infinity edge) use w, congratulations! you just hit the hell out of enemy hp!

Tadiken

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riolufi View Post
uses trinity force with Darius that have 350 ad, 2.01 attack speed, and 70 % critical ( with infinity edge) use w, congratulations! you just hit the hell out of enemy hp!
and then got one shot by the carry/mage you were trying to kill!

BirYarrakYala

01-21-2013

Three words: TONS OF DAMAGE.

And it's still pretty good on corki and jax

67chrome

01-21-2013

Well, complementary attributes stack much better with each other than a single attribute stacks with itself. 10 AD, 10% AS, and 10% Critical strikes (assuming each alone would boost DPS by 10%) will collectively boost DPS by 33%, rather than the 30% you'd get from 30 AD, 30% AS, or 30% crit. This effect gets more pronounced the more attributes you add into the fold. As such, Trinity Force will end up being more effective than items that offer a large boost - but to 1 or 2 attributes instead of the ~9 Trinity Force offers.

Even with the hit to the slows and movement speed it's still the best item in the game for kiting enemies, because it grants movement speed and a slow. Which can be useful for melee champions that have kiting issues, such as Darius, as much as it can help ranged champions that want to stay at range. Especially if you're getting in a lot of 1 vs. 1 situations - which happens a lot in modes like Dominion.

Kholdstare13

01-24-2013

I've found AD ezreal leaning towards iceborn. Slow nerfs to ranged have just kept coming, so it's nice to have an AoE q kite/chase tool, especially since it can still slow if it hits a minion. You can always go buy the other stats separately on more specialized items, PD or zephyr and IE/BT.