Influencing low elo players?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheJGWentworth

01-24-2013

cs more, talk less trash, put up with less trash, dodge qs if you expect a troll/dont get role, learn to counter lane opponents

LoveHateSexPain

01-24-2013

That's what I do. I'm asking how to get the randoms to do the same.

Lexinus

01-24-2013

You could always try and assemble a team. I'd play with you sometime to try and be another voice of reason to low elo noobs. I find it funny how level 30's don't know what a counterbuild is or that these people play ranked and don't ward. I guess they just got to 30 by floating around in solo Q feeding off of others' victories.

xBadger

01-24-2013

So here's the scoop. I'm not even level 30 yet, I'm level 27, and truthfully I find myself somewhere in the middle of where you are and in the middle of where they are.

I sometimes forget to ward, lose focus and stop paying attention to the map, just plain auto attack minions, get way too aggressive and go for kills I should know I can't get, etc.

However, when I do the exact opposite, warding, map awareness, CS, play a bit more passive, etc. I find I win a much higher percentage of my games. And I'm talking just myself. Doesn't even matter if the other kids on my team do it or not.

So, to put it short, I'm not sure if there's anything you can do about it, but like you've said you've been really good about, just don't rage. When my own team rages, I stop caring about the game. There are some games where I start out 0/3/1 in the first 15 minutes because of poor play but my team keeps encouraging me and I end up with 9/5/7, regardless of what role I'm taking.

Just be courteous, because when I feel like I'm playing like a lower elo nub, friendly reminders go a long way. Just don't be a *****, and say things literally as nicely as you possibly can, and you may just find yourself winning a lot more games. It certainly helps me when my team keeps up a positive attitude.