Influencing low elo players?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LoveHateSexPain

01-24-2013

Since I start playing ranked right as the preseason started, I was stuck with kids who were also just trying it out for the first time, and I found myself at a silver elo, which QUICKLY fell well below 1k. Yesterday I did a lot of good, and managed to get a little under 1100 elo and today it's just dropping again.

Two of the biggest reasons I've found for losses are kids easily losing their lane, and mid-late game roaming, with no pushing whatsoever, allowing the other team to snowball to victory.

For the laning phase, I do my best to help other lanes and of course win my own. I can't always leave my lane, so in that situation it's up to the jungler and the laners. However, I've noticed that some kids just.. They can't lane at all. They are constantly getting ganked or losing because they get trapped in a fight and just die. Since I see this so much, what can I do to help them with their lane? I hate seeing level 9 bottom lane in mid because the turret's long gone. That just shuts mid down and neither of them are farming sufficiently. Any suggestions?

And with the mid-late game roaming. There will be 4-6 towers down total and my team just wanders around touching themselves. Even if we are up, they don't do anything to push. So I find myself in mid alone, pushing far enough to get blindsided, or having to return from a wave because I have no support. When I see stuff like this, I am very informative and frequently remind my team that we need to push and remain dominant. It rarely works. So, what can I do to encourage my team to not let the enemy snowball? It's annoying, putting half an hour into winning our half of the map, then losing it miserably.

Another big factor that I've noticed is builds. Last game someone actually told me that people "at this elo don't even know what counterbuilding is". I'll use that game for example, since it was such a tough game to begin with.

Top - Singed vs Hec
Mid - Diana vs Fizz
Bottom - Vayne/Zilean vs Miss Fortune/Mundo
Jungle - Darius vs Lee Sin

It's obvious how the odds were stacked in favor of a certain side. When the match first loaded, I told everybody that defense was going to win this game, and counterbuilding was essential. I didn't focus on blue team's build, but you can guess the standard hp/offense builds that those champs took. Here's what I noticed on purple's side, in order of purchase:

Hec - Merc treads, banshee's veil, sunfire
Fizz - Doran's (not sure if 1 or 2), not sure on boots, lich bane, giant's belt
Lee - Wriggle's, not sure on boots, hydra
Fortune - Greaves, bloodthirster, zeal -> phantom (not sure if completed)
Mundo - I think ninja tabi, warmog's, don't recall anything past that

So we had one champ with any defensive stats over 100. And it didn't help that Fizz and Lee liked to dive right in the middle of singed, darius, and diana when all 10 of us were sitting there. Stuff like this, not being able to build to help your lane, is what I see throw a lot of games. People just stacking offense and getting melted to a little hard CC with no escapes. You guys are more experienced than I am... What's a good way to shove them in the right direction?

TheJGWentworth

01-24-2013

Happens in all Elos, bud, don't feel special.

LoveHateSexPain

01-24-2013

I just want out of this elo. Maybe get kids are more willing to communicate and negotiate rather than rage and rant. It's annoying.

xXLe0Xx

01-24-2013

I'm not overly experienced either but I do have over a hundred games under my belt in both this and last season (low elo, im not that good). How ever I have found that constant reminders (hey ward here, push this tower, they are going to baron soon, hey GJ.) go along way. Try not to get frustrated with your team, even when they are doing poorly. Remember you are at this ELO not only because of bad luck but because of your skill level as well. Keep the communication in game open and give compliments where they are due. Even to your opponents, because even if you are losing horribly doesnt mean that your team sucks, or their team is awesome. It could just be your team got out played or was countered in some way.
Stay positive!

LoveHateSexPain

01-24-2013

I try to help them. I've learned that raging doesn't make them any better. I understand counters, bad games, etc, but sometimes it's just stupid decisions that cost the game. If you look at my match history, there's only one win where I didn't hyper carry. It's rough at this elo. Kids are still learning, but sometimes the other team is just more experienced.

xXLe0Xx

01-24-2013

it happens man
its unfortunatly the nature of the beast

LoveHateSexPain

01-24-2013

I can't even get my friends to duo with me because they know how bad the kids are at this elo. That's why I'm trying to learn more and get myself out.

xXLe0Xx

01-24-2013

Practice practice practice.
It will come with time.
thats what i keep telling myself

LoveHateSexPain

01-24-2013

I have 870 normal game wins and 55 ranked wins during the preseason. There isn't enough practice in the world :|

xXLe0Xx

01-24-2013

LOL
This is the advice I have, sorry its not enough.
But as I said I'm not the best player out there and I am low ELO
So I'm just trying to share what I have learned.