If used right Garen is great at ganking. Is he viable jungler?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TGC Sir Auron

01-24-2013

Just a thought

xXLe0Xx

01-24-2013

see Stonewall008 - team battle Garen on youtube

Delbuns

01-24-2013

No, he is not a viable jungle. I say this because his passive, which is what makes him so sustainable, is useless in the jungle. Sure, you could get around this with potions but you are essentially gimping yourself out of your OP passive if you jungle Garen.

Also, garen is one of the best farmers in the game, so why deny him a solo lane?

Finally, how is Garen a good ganker at all? He comes in fast with Q and can get that silence off, but if they are able to get out of the radius of your spin to win the gank is failed after that.

OuityDrood

01-24-2013

There's no such thing as "non viable." Merely different strategies that are often underestimated by the community simply because it's not done often. I jungle champions like Karthus, Fizz, and Blitzcrank on a regular basis, I played solotop Ezreal the other day and kicked a Jarvan's ass. Go crazy kid, if it works for you don't let somebody tell you no.

YinYangBomber

01-25-2013

I believe that if Riot changed his passive so that only champions, pets and turrets removed his regen that he would be ok, if not pretty good at jungling. It would definitly add another jungler to the list of possibilities.