The game's credibility died with the tribunal.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Great Pyrenees

01-24-2013

Trydan do some research man, ready ANYTHING. Then when you find something that supports your statement show it to me. I can back up my stance. Have you read the stickies? Have you read my guide full of references? Do you read every red post? I do. Show me something.

JevelFaithful

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trydan View Post
That's not true at all. People constantly get reported by trolls and get punished for it The LoL community really IS incredibly immature, and will report you for even the slightest little thing. It's ridiculous to think that people are going to keep their cool 100% of the time in a game where they can play professionally if they get lucky enough to not have **** teammates.
while you are right on most part, it takes a lot to be sent to the tribunal. And from experience, it is better to just play with your head cool. It is ridiculous to think that people are going to keep their cool 100% of the time in the game, but if you are enjoying the game, you should not rage 50% of your matches. If you are, why are you playing? You're better to find people you can trust, aka premades.

About the bolded part precisely, I don't know. Maybe it's because I play normal or maybe it's something you do (or people that get reported a lot do) in their normal attitude that makes them unlikable. But I don't think I get any reports regularily. Maybe a "feeding" once every month when I get a rally bad game for some reason. And I don,t see people threatening to report every one either. I'll see someone I'll report because they were unfun once in a while. But not as much as some people claim they see.

JevelFaithful

01-24-2013

Just realised something, I think the game litterally brings the worst out of people. it,s competitive, maybe it's because it's hard to realise your mistakes, maybe it's becasue 1-2 people can cost a winning game. Maybe it's because 1 bad initiation/defence and you ace and loose everything. But I think the only way to really enjoy the game is to not care about winning/loosing and just enjoy the fight. That way even a loss and some raging can still give you a good taste in the mouth.

Personally, I now realize I get a lot of lost game (maybe 1 in 3 easily, or 2 in 5 or something like that). That ends the same way : I at least survived laning without giving the other team a hyper carry, most lanes (mine included) fed 3-4 kills each. We are loosing in towers, kills, farm, map control, dragon probably too (it's harder to know). Yet I'm actually liking it.
1-2 people are spamming surrender, it's 30 min and they votes are lost 3-2. I'm not sure if we already lost or if the fact half our team isn't trying anymore (not helping or ramboing in hope of gerting kills, like that 2/6 kat that tries to win 1v3 by ulting in the middle).
But those games are lost, for those people who spammed surrender, they are probably raging like those we see on the forums. I'm probably the idiot that refused to surrender after feeding (causing them to feed of course) making them waste an unforgivable 10 minutes.

But I like those games and they don't leave me a bad taste in the mouth, it might not be sweet everytimes, but it's not sour. I think that's why I still enjoy the game. Thanks to anyone who read my rambling.

tl;dr : forget about win or loss, it's the only way to enjoy the game.

Symbiotic Life

01-24-2013

None of you play competitively clearly if you think this is a good system. I have yet to take league seriously because it's nearly impossible to go through the headache comparative to any other game. I've had my 2200+ rating in WoW nearly 5 seasons running but going to the trouble of doing that in league with the derpmode players you have to deal with that you're not even allowed to criticize is ridiculous. No other large scale game does this. Period. It's a joke of a system that was created to save Riot time and money, reports are too easy to send out (so they get spammed every damn game) and punishments are too easy to implement.

And I can assure you it's way more than 2% that have been banned by tribunal. 2% of accounts is like 10% of the playerbase also btw, considering how many alts, bots and lost accounts there are.

Uccisore

01-24-2013

If the Tribunal was anything like the scourge this guy is saying it is, I would have been permabanned ages ago. I've never got a warning, and when people feed or troll me, I tell them exactly what I think of them.

OhBoyItsaMegaman

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiotic Life View Post
No other large scale game does this. Period. It's a joke of a system that was created to save Riot time and money, reports are too easy to send out (so they get spammed every damn game) and punishments are too easy to implement.
No other large scale game does this. Period.

Do you know what would happen if they did? The same thing that's happening here.

Online gamers don't want their games to be full of criticism to the point where you should expect the losing team to always be a seething ball of hostility by the end of every match. If you give them the tools to remove that element, they will volunteer to use those tools.

You can't argue against this by saying that only crybabies vote in the Tribunal. It's open to everyone with a level 30, and if there were really that many people who thought that raging in games was totally okay, you'd see a player movement to 'recalibrate' the Tribunal by voting often and pardoning people who were guilty of nothing but harshly criticizing teammates who deserved it. Do you see such a movement? Nope. Do you see those criticizers routinely pardoned? Nope.

Having been given the chance to voice and enforce their opinions, the community is enforcing the code that they genuinely want to see when they queue up for a game. We got to where we are now because of how many people wanted the game to move in this direction. No other large scale game does this.

Yet.

Uccisore

01-24-2013

Even if League of Legends was a game for and dominated by, crybabies, what would be so bad about that? Apparently there's 10 million crybabies and they need a game to play too. If you don't like it, go play some manly game like WoW or something.

AngryMuffin

01-24-2013

I think we can all agree that the OP has never used the Tribunal before. It's pretty obvious what kind of players take up the majority of cases.

Radkl

01-24-2013

Maybe we don't need leniency? I'd rather have trolls get punished ONCE than a multitude of times. I'm tired of losing because people are not afraid of the repercussions.

Symbiotic Life

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMuffin View Post
I think we can all agree that the OP has never used the Tribunal before. It's pretty obvious what kind of players take up the majority of cases.
I think we can all agree the kind of people who actually call them "cases" as if this is a legitimate court system or something. It's all a joke, hence why no other game developers take the idea into consideration.