Ambushed by sales makes me gun shy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

c0wb0ys7y13

01-24-2013

The sales system in league has caused me to be incredibly unwilling to spend/buy riot points. I am all out of refunds right now because I purchased some points and excitedly bought some of the skins I had been eying for some time. The in the following two weeks all the skins I bought went on sale. This was ULTRA frustrating because I had no way of knowing they where going to go on sale and I felt like I had been tricked into wasting money. I used up all my refunds to take advantage of the sale price and recovered 10 dollars worth of RP. I felt cheated.

I do not have the experience in the real world because when stores run sales they advertise the sale weeks in advance to let you know its coming. "Randal Honda is running a presidents day sale and EVERYTHING MUST GO!" The retail industry does this to both get you excited about spending money in the future and so that people feel ready and willing to spend money during a time frame because they are given some insight into the future as to what prices will be.

I have $10 in riot points I am not willing to spend because I have no clue what is going on sale and when. As long as I have these RP I am obviously not buying more and my spending pattern has slowed.

Letting me know what is going on sale and when would make me more willing to purchase skins that aren't going on sale in the near future and persuade me into buying riot points for an upcoming sale.

B1aqq

01-24-2013

Sales are a courtesy, not a right. If the skins go on sale within a short amount of time of your purchase, I have heard of many people contacting Riot Support, and they were given back the difference. If you "felt" that a skin was worth full price to purchase it in the first place, then I don't understand how you feel cheated.

c0wb0ys7y13

01-24-2013

its a matter of how the lack of sale advertisement beforehand is effecting my purchasing behavior.

Dragoon14th

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

this is why we hate customer like you. We have to bend our back to please fellow american that isn't right and so forth people need to learn to use what you have instead of whining about this n that. If you have work anywhere with high customer traffic you should know. And also they do advertise it outside of it called going to their website. and read when it when it ends was that so hard or read the fine prints.

Troa

01-27-2013

They post a day or so beforehand, and with how many sales they do that is fine. As another said, if you feel it is worth buying at the RP price, buy it. If not, don't. Sales are a convenience, and having a set schedule doesn't really do anything to help them. Nor do many people complain about the lack of two weeks advance notice. And if they DID give that notice, people would then just go "WHAT!? I bought this a day ago, but it's about to go on sale!?" and we'd be in the same place.

To make the retail analogy correctly(you took a car sales thing, which are all farces when it comes to final sale price), you are not usually warned when an item is about to have a price drop. They just do it. Warning everyone is not a wise business strategy. Internet wise, STEAM and Impulse both do not warn you a game is going on sale in 2 days, they just do it.

In short: If you're that bent out of shape, stop buying things on the internet.

Sauvagess

02-28-2013

I've only bought about 3 or 4 (older) skins at full price before I started watching for sales. I don't buy a damn thing unless it's on sale nowadays (except for promos like Championship Riven and Mistletoe LeBlanc and whatnot, but only if I like the skin's look) as well as taking advantages of actually buying RP in bulk on the double-bonus events and whatnot.

So far I've been able to obtain 105 skins without breaking my incredibly limited wallet (almost $200 over the two years I've been playing) by holding off until something is on sale (Ionia Master Yi, you're beautiful and I want you sooooooo bad...why won't you go on sale? ;_;) because of PATIENCE.

So stop complaining. You don't need skins that bad. They're a cosmetic luxury.

Mynx The Origin

03-01-2013

I know this feeling, but it was with a champ rather than a skin, but I'm not really bugged by it. I usually use it for an ironic humor subject matter in games.

I bought RP for the first time early this January in order to get Bad Santa Veigar and The Magnificent Twisted Fate. Now I had enough RP to buy a medium priced skin, or any one champ up to the 4800 IP champs. I've had my eye on Kha'Zix for quite some time, and asked a few friends of mine if I should save some more RP for him, or just buy Nocturne, since I was interested in him as well. They all kept saying to buy Nocturne because he was cheaper (it right after his price reduction). So I used my remaining RP to buy him. Where the irony kicks in is the very next day, Kha'Zix went on sale.