Thresh Going Hard

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kawaii Katarina

01-24-2013

Thresh's 1-1 scaling on his ultimate is pretty ridiculous in Dominion. I know you have to walk into the wall but it has 550 base at its max level and hits a 99% slow, even if the effect is not as great after the first wall is broken. It's still a little funny to me.

SirLucious LftFt

01-24-2013

my main concern with ever going ap on him so far tho is that his other AP ratios and dmg on spells is so poor. He is also pretty squishy for a tank, which means less room for dmg items. the only ability power item ive made good use out of is IBG and the ability power is a small asset to that tool.

the dmg is pretty nuts tho if u take all the walls( 1 wall 1 AP 4 walls .5 AP) so 3 AP total is all walls hit a person. This will almost never happen in dominion as it would require all 5 enemy champions. I really enjoy it on a node when ppl dive. mixing this with garrison and all ur CC is crazy ammounts of DMG and utility. ( but most of it comes from the tower)

Kawaii Katarina

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubertt View Post
my main concern with ever going ap on him so far tho is that his other AP ratios and dmg on spells is so poor. He is also pretty squishy for a tank, which means less room for dmg items. the only ability power item ive made good use out of is IBG and the ability power is a small asset to that tool.

the dmg is pretty nuts tho if u take all the walls( 1 wall 1 AP 4 walls .5 AP) so 3 AP total is all walls hit a person. This will almost never happen in dominion as it would require all 5 enemy champions. I really enjoy it on a node when ppl dive. mixing this with garrison and all ur CC is crazy ammounts of DMG and utility. ( but most of it comes from the tower)

Yeah, I tried to play him AP supporty but I really just wasn't doing a whole lot of damage. Most of my damage came from my Q and the autoattacks with its passive. Well, his ult too. I figured his lantern would be useful in Dominion (top) but no one goes for it. I usually just put it down on them for the shield since they hardly ever pick it up even if they should.

SirLucious LftFt

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Percivale View Post
I figured his lantern would be useful in Dominion (top) but no one goes for it. I usually just put it down on them for the shield since they hardly ever pick it up even if they should.
yea i would agree with this a lot. it really depends on the team. When i play with my brother on skype we make pretty solid use of it. Randomly ill notice a mele bruiser or assasin really digging it and ill try to help him with it bc i know he will actualy use it.

It is really good when ppl overextend and u try to pull them in, and is the only situation ive seem ppl use it mabey upwards of 40-50% of the time. which still isnt that great but will just go up with time.

Kawaii Katarina

01-24-2013

The best use of the lantern for me was pulling allies over walls for quick access.